Gaming Diablo IV (PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox S|X)

Hamnat

Just did my pre order. Early access starts Mar 17-19. Been a long development time so looking forward.

mitChley

Please be good, I reckon I spent 300 hours on Diablo 3, seasons kept pulling me back in.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Can anybody comment on how Diablo Immortal plays compared to the other installments? I kind of missed out on the "originals" except for that brief demo part of the first one but started to play Immortal when I was sick a couple of weeks. I like it but it feels a bit "lofty" (for the lack of a better wording) so not sure if I want to shell out money for IV if it's likely to be more of the same.

Castia

Can’t wait for this my most anticipated game of the year by a mile

Cant get time off at work for launch though the bastards

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Can anybody comment on how Diablo Immortal plays compared to the other installments? I kind of missed out on the "originals" except for that brief demo part of the first one but started to play Immortal when I was sick a couple of weeks. I like it but it feels a bit "lofty" (for the lack of a better wording) so not sure if I want to shell out money for IV if it's likely to be more of the same.
You'll have to specify what you meant by "lofty", but from what I remember playing the game for a weekend, DI felt kind of like D3, but with all the modern MMO bullshit of world bosses, open world, daily quests, time-gated grinds. In the original games you just (eventually) grind for gear and XP, without all mechanisms that are supposed to lure you into logging in every day.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
You'll have to specify what you meant by "lofty", but from what I remember playing the game for a weekend, DI felt kind of like D3, but with all the modern MMO bullshit of world bosses, open world, daily quests, time-gated grinds. In the original games you just (eventually) grind for gear and XP, without all mechanisms that are supposed to lure you into logging in every day.
Somewhat hard for me to put it into words. But I meant lofty as in I would rather speed through the areas, repeatedly but still, see a mob there -> eliminate then run around in circles to eliminate samey mobs and at some point move on to another location. Those were nicely done graphically but little interaction with the surrounding meant almost no real connection to it as well. I wouldn't really check out the big city because it felt quite streamlined and not really adventurous if you understand what I mean. More like a game you play on your phone which it does well I guess. Never played any MMOs or even mobile games before and of course the bs incentives to make you spend money are annoying but I can look past them good enough to enjoy that game for free. Just curious if IV would be more of the same (of course with a better presentation) or not.

MadMike

One of my top 5 game franchises of all time along with Elder Scrolls, God of War, Assassin's Creed and Witcher.

I even liked D3 though it was a comedown from the heights of D1 and D2. I'm super looking forward to this.

Moby

Dick
One of my top 5 game franchises of all time along with Elder Scrolls, God of War, Assassin's Creed and Witcher.

I even liked D3 though it was a comedown from the heights of D1 and D2. I'm super looking forward to this.
D2 is up there with anything. GOAT game.

Hamnat

"During the Early Access weekend, players will have access to three classes. Assume the role of the battle-bred Barbarian, nimble Rogue, or elementally tuned Sorcerer. Once the Open Beta weekend comes around, the earthen Druid and undead-wielding Necromancer classes can also be played in addition to the original three."

"It wouldn’t be a trip to Sanctuary without earning a cache of unique rewards along the way. As you play Diablo IV during the Open Beta and Early Access weekends, showcase your wanderer’s prowess by collecting all three Open Beta rewards. Players who unlock these rewards will receive them once Diablo IV launches.

• Initial Casualty Title: earned by reaching Kyovashad with one character.
  • Early Voyager Title: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character.
  • Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetic Item: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character."
I'm getting that wolf!

MadMike

D2 is up there with anything. GOAT game.
100%
I played through it many times with many different playable characters. The gameplay, the story, the cinematic… everything was top notch.

Chairman Steve

If it’s a slightly better D3, I‘m happy.

Expecting it to be a masterpiece like D2 + LOD is way beyond the capabilities of current day Blizzard.

caid

I'm very much in the wait and see and keep low expectations territory for this.
I mean first and foremost how capable are the current version of blizzard. Their output over the last decade or so isn't of the same standard as their older output. I think you could be hyperbolic and says its absolutely shit, which it isn't, but its clearly not of the same standard as 20+ years ago either.
I expect it to be monetised ultra agressively too. Its a full price release which isn't an easy sell for me these days and theres definitely going to be other stuff. I don't want to get too excited about it in case its a great game thats just too damn expensive to keep up with.
They'd have to irredeemably feck it up for me to have no interest, no temptation to throw money at it. We'll see

Bosws87

Got an early access beta code for Diablo IV platform independent, from o2 if anyone would put it to use.

Bebe

I love D3 now, but it was a mess when it came out. Hoping to play a lot of this but would really prefer if they don't need 2 years + to make it not suck.

Hamnat

Downloaded the beta last night after they allowed predownloads.

Diablo 4's First World Boss Early Beta Access Schedule Has Been Released

Players have a couple of chances to fight Ashava during the early beta access session.
Ahead of Diablo IV's early beta access session, Blizzard released the first world boss Ashava's spawn times. Ashava will pop up three times on Saturday and then one time on Sunday. As a reminder, Diablo IV's early beta access session starts at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET on March 17 and ends at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET on March 19.

Ashava's Schedule
Saturday, March 18
10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
12 PM PT / 3 PM ET
10 PM PT / 1 AM ET
Sunday, March 19
12 AM PT / 3 AM ET

Leg-End

I have a PlayStation platform early access Beta code (EU) is anyone wants it, was going to give it a go but won't be around for it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'll probably wait for release. Maybe.

Anyone else on ps5 getting it? Used to love D2, thought d3 was cool too but didn't have anyone to play it with so just solo'd it. Would prefer a group

Amarsdd

I'll probably wait for release. Maybe.

Anyone else on ps5 getting it? Used to love D2, thought d3 was cool too but didn't have anyone to play it with so just solo'd it. Would prefer a group
I'm waiting to see how it plays on ps5 as well. Will be trying to find streams or playthroughs on ps5 for the beta over the weekend.

MadMike

MIL's birthday party today, but tomorrow... I'm nolifing it. Gotta try and get Sorc and Necro to level cap.

I'll be playing PS4, interested to see how it holds up there.

Castia

Got in and made it to level 5 before the servers went down and now im stuck in a 80 minute queue!

Game feels smooth though (pc) I dont think there will be problems running this on console

Blizzard are the best devs out there for me, this game will be huge.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Be careful on PC (at least, don't know about consoles), it has that shit bug where on occasion it ramps up your GPU temps and forces a shut down because the idiots once again forget to lock inventory/cut scene fps.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Day and night compared to Immortal (my first Diablo game..). Didn't see a notification but can I keep my character after the Beta ended?