Did Rooney's finish remind you of anything?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Ronaldo's was much better. Beating several defenders and then scoring. I remember going mental when he did it. Brilliant emotions. With rooney, he had one defender in front of him and he did the finish. Still a good goal though, but Ronaldo's was better.

Castia

Ronaldo's was a much better goal lets not get ahead of ourselves. He took it round 3 players after picking the ball up 50 yards from goal, he made it all himself and it ended up being one of the most important goals of the season. Rooney's finish was better but the build up play was nowhere near the standard Ronaldo set for his goal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ronaldo's was a much better goal lets not get ahead of ourselves. He took it round 3 players after picking the ball up 50 yards from goal, he made it all himself and it ended up being one of the most important goals of the season. Rooney's finish was better but the build up play was nowhere near the standard Ronaldo set for his goal.
It also remains to be seen if it's as pivotal.IIRC we weren't dominating that game and it was heading for a 1-1 when Ronaldo picked the ball up on the touchline deep in our half beating several players before drilling it hard.

His celebration was far more memorable:lol:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I knew it reminded of a previous goal against Fulham but not one the discussed here. 0.23 into this video is the one I was thinking of, Park's goal straight after is also very similar in fact!

PS I forgot to mention how good our away support was this day

Nathan

I thought about the one Ronaldo scored and i imagine it could turn out be just as important. Certainly the reaction of Rooney showed how important it was to get the goal and ultimately the winner.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It should remind people that 'the fat scouse cnut' as I hear some cretins calling him is world class...and as important to our team as Van Persie.

Quality goal...Been right at it since he came back.

JohnLocke

Rooney's goal was a better finish but Ronaldo's was the better overall.

My favourite part of that video was Gary Neville screaming a lot and then slapping Ronaldo in the face.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
ya its a strange looking finish but i trust the great man!
It (Giggs against Fulham 06/07) was one of the best pieces of finishing I've seen in PL. Doesn't get near enough credit it deserves. One of those goals you know you wouldn't score even in 5-a-side.

SER19

It (Giggs against Fulham 06/07) was one of the best pieces of finishing I've seen in PL. Doesn't get near enough credit it deserves. One of those goals you know you wouldn't score even in 5-a-side.
i agree, giggsy said its the only way he couldve hit it and see it go in.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
i agree, giggsy said its the only way he couldve hit it and see it go in.
That's why I can't understand how could anyone doubt whether it was intentional. If not, what did he want to do? catch it cleanly and blast it into the row Z?

Back to the topic, as many said - Rooney's finish was clinical and brilliant to watch but that Ronaldo's run...in the game where we were under the cosh in the second half and there were no signs of getting all 3 points. I think we all went mental.

wr8_utd

:'(
Ronaldo's run was better whereas the Rooney finish was better. The circumstances were pretty similar actually, it was hard to see us getting a win this time either in that second half.

SER19

That's why I can't understand how could anyone doubt whether it was intentional. If not, what did he want to do? catch it cleanly and blast it into the row Z?

Back to the topic, as many said - Rooney's finish was clinical and brilliant to watch but that Ronaldo's run...in the game where we were under the cosh in the second half and there were no signs of getting all 3 points. I think we all went mental.
or he couldve taken it on the right and put it into row z :lol: