Diego Carlos

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nearly went to Newcastle in January but understandably chose to stay at Sevilla.

Now joining us for 25m. Not sure due to his age if he'll be Mings replacement.

Part of a very good defensive structure at Sevilla and on fringes of Brazil squad so interested what his overall strengths and weaknesses are for the premier league from the guys who watch him regularly like @SfcNervion.

This is where signing Coutinho full time has helped us as doubt he'd have considered us otherwise.

Would assume we'll sign a younger CB aswell, Bassey from Rangers has been linked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sevilla’s two centre halves will probably be in the PL come August.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nearly went to Newcastle in January but understandably chose to stay at Sevilla.

Part of a very good defensive structure at Sevilla and on fringes of Brazil squad so interested what his overall strengths and weaknesses are for the premier league from the guys who watch him regularly like @SfcNervion.

This is where signing Coutinho full time has helped us as doubt he'd have considered us otherwise.

Would assume we'll sign a younger CB aswell, Bassey from Rangers has been linked.
Is this the Grealish money being reinvested?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is this the Grealish money being reinvested?
The owners are just backing Gerrard really. Up to him now to make sure we're solid top 10 next season and on fringes of european qualification. No reason not to given Wolves were declining end of last season and Neves will probably leave and Leicester had set piece issues and Tielemans is going.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
PL really is the super league at this point
Indeed, it also starts to call in to question the whole ‘won’t join without Champions League’ thing. Soon enough the entire top 10 of the PL could probably beat all but a few CL clubs anyway.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The owners are just backing Gerrard really. Up to him now to make sure we're solid top 10 next season and on fringes of european qualification. No reason not to given Wolves were declining end of last season and Neves will probably leave and Leicester had set piece issues and Tielemans is going.
Seems like Gerrard will need to deliver some solid improvements next season.
Buendia, Ings and Bailey was that, wasn't it?
Oh yeah makes sense.

Kaushal

I have watched him a fair bit. He is a very very good player not just defender. I rate him highly. A leader and an organiser at the back. A bit of an old school centre half where he doesn’t hesitate in putting his body on the line neither he shies away from challenges. A bit rash sometimes because of that not because he is clumsy or anything it’s because he is an aggressive defender. Though he isn’t that tall for a centre half but has good aerial ability, is physical and commanding. On top of that he is very comfortable on the ball, can play out from the back and spray passes like it’s nothing . Very assured, you won’t see him panicking when under pressure. I rate him better than kounde though kounde is young.

How do I see this signing for you ? Perfect. Nailed it. Just what you needed. I can’t think of any other defender who would be so perfect for you. Though you have a decent defence but you needed someone of that ilk who will make it all come together. Forget about Villa he can play for any club in the premier league. I would sign him for united in a heartbeat. I really rate him that highly and I’m not that generous about defenders. He has that aura/confidence about him you only see in few central defenders today like Silva, vandijk , Marquinhos. You would realise this as soon as he plays for you.

Now having said all that you would think he is Van dijk after me praising him that highly. He isn’t Van dijk but he is in the same ilk of Thiago silva and Van dijk type of players as a proper assertive confident leader of a defender. Whilst both Thiago silva and Van dijk are 9 in almost every parameter. Take Carlos as 7.5 or 8 in some. There isn’t a single flaw in his game that sticks out to be honest. A really under rated defender who can be a difference maker for you just like Martinez in goal.

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think he’ll be an excellent signing for Villa. Ability wise I think he could’ve slotted in quite comfortably at many of the bigger clubs in the PL.

Arsenal for example have been crying out for someone of his type for years. Aggressive, assertive, and someone who is a real character who takes no shit.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Another player going from a CL club abroad to the 14th place team in the PL.

I think going forward Villa will be right there with Leicester, West Ham, and Wolves in the next tier of clubs after the top six (seven once Newcastle gets there).

The PL is just getting insanely deep. That's already 11 clubs with the financial resources to attract significant players from abroad and Everton will likely rejoin that group eventually to make it 12.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Looks a unit does Carlos, tbf. Not seen a massive amount of him but looked half decent when ive watched him, apart from odd occasion where he has made big errors. I wana say he gave a pen away in European semi perhaps, or am i wrong?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Looks a unit does Carlos, tbf. Not seen a massive amount of him but looked half decent when ive watched him, apart from odd occasion where he has made big errors. I wana say he gave a pen away in European semi perhaps, or am i wrong?
He actually gave pens away in the quarters, one legged semi, and Europa League final that year…and Sevilla still won.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he’ll be an excellent signing for Villa. Ability wise I think he could’ve slotted in quite comfortably at many of the bigger clubs in the PL.

Arsenal for example have been crying out for someone of his type for years. Aggressive, assertive, and someone who is a real character who takes no shit.
He makes soooooo many mistakes though, him and Mings are going to be in a few highlight reels this year, that's for sure.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@FootballHQ Believe @Kaushal did well in describing DC :) By La Liga standard he can be a bit rash in challanges, but overall a decent defender and was an important player for Sevilla. Losing both him and Koundé puts Monchi in a tough position, but hopefully he can recreate his transfer business magic.

I hope Carlos continues to do well in PL, best of luck in Aston Villa. A shame that the price tag is so low, but it seems that all La liga clubs (except Bilbao of course, and possibly real) are struggling financially.