Different standard for players and managers

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Look, i think that manager is the most important person in club. They are 50% of the squad. As we, United fans, know the best, good manager can do big things for club. And by that, i think that managers deserve most criticsm and most praise for their job.
But, they are protected in public. Pundits and journos will talk about manager in gloves. Even if he is doing bad job, they will basically never say that he needs to go. On the other hand, nobody have problem to say that some player needs to go because he is not good.
Look at our pundits. Paul, Gary, Rio, Roy...they never said that Jose, Ole, Lvg or Moyes need to be sacked. They even avoid criticsm for bad games. Even when Jose went berserk in 3rd season they were avoiding calling for sack. But at the same time they don't have problem in saying that Lindelof or Fred or Martial are not good and that we need to replace them.
Fans too; when you moan about how your no9 or defender is bad then it is normal, but when you criticize manager then you are hater and not true fan.

Why is that? Why different standard for players and for managers?

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
There have been plenty of cases where pundits and fans have asked for the manager to be sacked instead of the non-performing players. Infact we see this drama unfold regularly at Chelsea.

It all depends on how you perceive a club's problem. Most people - pundits and fans - are smart enough to identify the problem - most of the time. Sometimes it's the players and sometimes it's the managers, and on rare occasions it's the club's structure i.e. owners, directors, etc.