Dispatches - Comedian exposé special

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It further shows what Brand really is. The fact he's trying to silence people even talking about the subject, especially stand ups/comedians, shows more than anything else why this isn't a fireless smoke situation.
Yeah he sounds seriously lawyered up. Has been for years by the sound of it. Unusual for someone with nothing to hide.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah he sounds seriously lawyered up. Has been for years by the sound of it. Unusual for someone with nothing to hide.
Indeed.

I'm convinced that of Saville were still alive he could say its all a conspiracy from the main stream media and a load of freaks would take up for him on that basis
Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt. You only have to look at some of the excuses for Brands behaviour that is freely out there for all to see, and stuff like the Greenwood images/audio, to know just how way too many people think.

decorativeed

I thought they made it pretty clear that is what happened

edit: sorry didn't see the gov letter underneath. I see what you mean.

I think this is awful from the UK government, to be honest. They've no business getting involved in that.
Comments below are so depressing. The proudly 'non-sheeple' all saying they're leaving YouTube for Rumble in light of their support of Brand.

Rumble's statement is telling. Phrases like 'media accusations' and 'cancel culture mob' tell us exactly what kind of people are in charge, and they're clearly delighted that one of their users has brought lots of publicity their way due to his multiple sexual assault claims.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm convinced that of Saville were still alive he could say its all a conspiracy from the main stream media and a load of freaks would take up for him on that basis
As a general rule, anyone who uses the phrase "main stream media" seems to be a bit of a conspiracy whacko or have a real agenda.
Usually followed by them championing some utterly obscure grainy source.

Withnail

It's absolutely ridiculous that being rich can enable someone to use lawyers and the legal system to silence people who have genuine cases.

I know the system was set up by the privileged in the first place but this has to stop. There needs to be fundamental change in this area.

Trequarista10

It's absolutely ridiculous that being rich can enable someone to use lawyers and the legal system to silence people who have genuine cases.

I know the system was set up by the privileged in the first place but this has to stop. There needs to be fundamental change in this area.
And being poor, or even middle class, basically prevents people from accessing justice.

A few years ago I was severely wronged by a big company. I explored a civil suit. I would have essentially had to risk my entire life savings in order to fund the case. I instead opted to purchase a property as thats what i had been saving for. I still regret it sometimes, but it was simply a financial risk I couldn't afford to take. As for no-win no-fee, I couldn't even get the case reviewed for free, so paid £500, to be told it was too complex to do on a no-win no-fee basis, and could have cost anywhere in the region of 10-30k to pursue, plus the defendants costs if I lost.

Also you aren't even entitled to free legal defence of you're taken to court for a criminal or civil matter, if you have more than I think about 12-16k in savings. Which, if you're in your saving for a deposit for a house, or putting a little money away for retirement, its an amount of money you might have, but you're still in reality poor. So some people are faced with the decision of risking their life savings to defend themselves in court, or accept an "out of court disposal".

When the rich complain about taxes I always think of this. The justice system, both legal and civil, should be entirely funded by taxes in my opinion. The rich wouldn't even lose out so much financially, because they too would get free representation if they chose rather than spending 10s or 100s on thousands of solicitors. However, they want to have the best legal representation they can afford, which means the legal system is built on who can afford to pay for it rather than equal representation for all. They want a two-tier social system. And plenty of knuckle draggers in the lower tier are happy to support the two tier social system because they are spoon-fed bullshit conservative propaganda.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

RedRover

It's a very difficult balance to keep. Rich and famous people are entitled to a private life too. The threat of litigation against an individual can act to silence them in genuine cases, but only in terms of taking this to the press and/or making public allegations. Injunctions don't stop you reporting matters to the Police.

The police should be investigating allegations such as this and taking appropriate action. It should not be left to the press to have to out sex-offenders, or for the civil Courts to step in to help them do it.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Can't help but feel this career segway into conspiracy theories and attacking mainstream media has always been a calculated, self-preservative move.

One thing you have to give him is he has always come across as a fairly smart individual (albeit it feeling like he's often tried to inflate this perception by using big words) - he must have known that surely there was only so long his legal team could keep these accusers quiet and that this day would come eventually.

What better defence to have in the public-eye than building the narrative beforehand that 'I'm telling you the truth they don't want you to here, and they're going to try and silence me for it'?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i swear that most of you weirdos will only be happy when we’re only allowed to touch women how they like to be touched, and when they say it’s ok to touch them.

stw2022

Leaving aside allegations, it's disturbing to think he had a following with his 'this is what the illuminati don't want you to know' schtick.

Even now you get people conceding that rape is probably a bit bad, but claim he had a point that the current geopolitical staus quo was set up exclusively as a conspiracy to harvest the brains of everyone who thinks political correctness gone mad and just want to enjoy a Gregg's pasty and look at some nice tits in peace, or something batshit mental craziness he convinces everyone is correct because he occasionally uses words of four syllables.

The market for "i need someone to tell me why my life being shit is someone else's fault" is evidently huge.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Leaving aside allegations, it's disturbing to think he had a following with his 'this is what the illuminati don't want you to know' schtick.

Even now you get people conceding that rape is probably a bit bad, but claim he had a point that the current geopolitical staus quo was set up exclusively as a conspiracy to harvest the brains of everyone who thinks political correctness gone mad and just want to enjoy a Gregg's pasty and look at some nice tits in peace, or something batshit mental craziness he convinces everyone is correct because he occasionally uses words of four syllables.

The market for "i need someone to tell me why my life being shit is someone else's fault" is evidently huge.
that’s called religion