Do City leave you cold?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It seems like they're two issues being constantly jumbled in this thread, the issue of their style leaving one cold and the issue of what other fans feel about their success.

On the latter, I do think it is very telling that just about every fanbase would prefer that City win titles rather than their "real rivals." Everybody basically thinks "If we can't win, might as well have City win, because they don't have any fans and their success comes with a big asterisk so it doesn't count in the way that it would if X won." Whether that is fair or not, that is how many fans across all other big clubs think. As a fan of an Arsenal team that isn't competing for anything right now, I want them to win the domestic trophies and some continental club to win the CL.

On the former, there are some boring aspects to City's play but that's really just how the game has developed. All the top managers in their own ways are complete tactical control freaks and true flair players hardly exist anymore. I can't blame Pep for just doing it better than everybody else and I think once you accept that this is the way the game is played now there is a certain beauty to be seen in the incredible coordination of his teams and their movements.

Prodigal7

Do you really believe that or is it just blind optimism?
City won every domestic honour and reached CL SF before Pep arrived under second tier Managers and can now attract pretty much any Coach they want to succeed Pep.
When that person arrives they will find a well balanced, hard working squad, a good flow of youth prospects to tap into and a good set of executives to work with.
Nothing is certain in football but they are well set to not lose too much when he does leave.
Pep has them playing purely in his image. Unless someone like Xavi takes over I can see the wheels coming off very quickly. Doesn’t mean you’ll disappear to mid table
But the level will drop a gear or 2.
This is as good as it could possibly get for city. The only reason Pep took the job is because of Xiki Begerristan and another guy being at city and he felt he owed them.
After he leaves it won’t be the case that city can go and get whatever manager they want or player they want. Not that they can now.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Pep has them playing purely in his image. Unless someone like Xavi takes over I can see the wheels coming off very quickly. Doesn’t mean you’ll disappear to mid table
This is as good as it could possibly get for city. The only reason Pep took the job is because of Xiki Begerristan and another guy being at city and he felt he owed them.
After he leaves it won’t be the case that city can go and get whatever manager they want or player they want. Not that they can now.
Assuming Txiki and the others stay on there will be a carefully constructed succession plan in place for when Pep goes.
At Barca Tito stepped in and did a great job before cancer got him. Maybe City will promote from within, maybe go after someone like Luis Enrique or someone perhaps who has worked with Pep in the past such as Ten Hag, Arteta, Vieira or such.

Prodigal7

Assuming Txiki and the others stay on there will be a carefully constructed succession plan in place for when Pep goes.
At Barca Tito stepped in and did a great job before cancer got him. Maybe City will promote from within, maybe go after someone like Luis Enrique or someone perhaps who has worked with Pep in the past such as Ten Hag, Arteta, Vieira or such.
Maybe they will do any of those things, and the level will likely drop.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

Laporte trolls United.
While I'm not particular keen on City, and there's nothing wrong with that as far as i'm concerned. Banter is part of the sport.

It's like when some Utd fans put up that 'trophy ticker' banner at Old Trafford in 2002 mocking City's 26 year silverware drought at the time, of course well before City hit the jackpot and became a serious threat to Utd as well. That's also funny banter.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
While I'm not particular keen on City, and there's nothing wrong with that as far as i'm concerned. Banter is part of the sport.

It's like when some Utd fans put up that 'trophy ticker' banner at Old Trafford in 2002 mocking City's 26 year silverware drought at the time, of course well before City hit the jackpot and became a serious threat to Utd as well. That's also funny banter.
There's nothing wrong with those kinds of digs.

But I find it funny that United fans literally won City to win the league.

Imagine being so insignificant that your local rivals don't care if you win the league.

Always have a nice little chuckle when I see City fans trying to force a fiercer rivalry with United and Liverpool. (I acknowledge that Liverpool and City have a bit of a rivalry going on right now because they're by far the best teams)

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
There's nothing wrong with those kinds of digs.

But I find it funny that United fans literally won City to win the league.

Imagine being so insignificant that your local rivals don't care if you win the league.

Always have a nice little chuckle when I see City fans trying to force a fiercer rivalry with United and Liverpool. (I acknowledge that Liverpool and City have a bit of a rivalry going on right now because they're by far the best teams)
This is not true though. United fans will prefer that neither Liverpool or City win, but since one of them is going to win anyway, it might as well be City (lesser threat to United's legacy).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This is not true though. United fans will prefer that neither Liverpool or City win, but since one of them is going to win anyway, it might as well be City (lesser threat to United's legacy).
There is no rivalry for City anymore. There was with Utd before the oil but now that's just been washed away to nothingness. With Liverpool it's just good against evil, not really a rivalry.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
There is no rivalry for City anymore. There was with Utd before the oil but now that's just been washed away to nothingness. With Liverpool it's just good against evil, not really a rivalry.
Offcourse there still is and it's clear to see, the thing is that the United rivalry means less than it used to because City have been so much better than United on the field. But that's why the rivalry with Liverpool has been getting more intense because Liverpool has been more of a serious rival on the pitch.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Bit of a reach calling City good, to be honest.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I hope we get our best coach ever back before he retires. Then he retires and becomes club president ☺. And of course, I hate watching him won trophies for that oil club.

Hammondo

You could say the same about any of the top PL teams.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I hope we get our best coach ever back before he retires. Then he retires and becomes club president ☺. And of course, I hate watching him won trophies for that oil club.
He'll rejoin you one day probably as head of your Youth Academy.
Maybe by then you'll have paid some of your debts off that you accrued due to your chronic mismanagement?

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Right now they making me more nervous than cold. They need to see of Liverpool already.
Pool are on for a quadruple, City for a treble.
They'll both win some of the remaining trophies but not all of them.

SirAnderson

It seems like they're two issues being constantly jumbled in this thread, the issue of their style leaving one cold and the issue of what other fans feel about their success.

On the latter, I do think it is very telling that just about every fanbase would prefer that City win titles rather than their "real rivals." Everybody basically thinks "If we can't win, might as well have City win, because they don't have any fans and their success comes with a big asterisk so it doesn't count in the way that it would if X won." Whether that is fair or not, that is how many fans across all other big clubs think. As a fan of an Arsenal team that isn't competing for anything right now, I want them to win the domestic trophies and some continental club to win the CL.

On the former, there are some boring aspects to City's play but that's really just how the game has developed. All the top managers in their own ways are complete tactical control freaks and true flair players hardly exist anymore. I can't blame Pep for just doing it better than everybody else and I think once you accept that this is the way the game is played now there is a certain beauty to be seen in the incredible coordination of his teams and their movements.
I'm squarely in the latter side of things.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Nice try :lol:

I don't want...but the lesser evil would be:

PL City
FA (a man can wish) Crystal Palace, but failing that, Chelsea over City.
CL Real Madrid actually, but Bayern equally fine, as long as it's not Pool or City.
FA. Ain't gonna happen is it?
Whoever wins the City/Dippers tie will lift it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
And the good are the bus wreckers?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
And the good are the bus wreckers?
Are you a West Ham fan now? :p

Edit: because obviously you're not going to Google it, or go quiet after you have. So here it is:

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Are you a West Ham fan now? :p

Edit: because obviously you're not going to Google it, or go quiet after you have. So here it is:

I don't see any broken windows or damage. Do you? You trying to compare that to what you guys did?

Totally comparable...

2 yobs at city Vs the 10% of shitbags in your fanbase. I was just surprised there was no petition to get the bus in trouble.

I should add I'm glad those shitbags supporting city got arrested (all 2 of them who threw stuff) before you pull some nonsense on me not condoning it.

Your whataboutism is a massive failure here.

Good Vs evil haha, there's no good here, shitbag murdering owners Vs shitbag murdering supporters

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
City are just a afterthought. I see them cruising at the top of the PL and, outside of us and maybe Liverpool, no one is really bothered by them in a rivalry angle. They're just there winning stuff.

Just a sports-washing, false, soulless nothing club now. No one care's they're there, no one will care if they leave.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I don't see any broken windows or damage. Do you? You trying to compare that to what you guys did?

Totally comparable...

2 yobs at city Vs the 10% of shitbags in your fanbase. I was just surprised there was no petition to get the bus in trouble.

I should add I'm glad those shitbags supporting city got arrested (all 2 of them who threw stuff) before you pull some nonsense on me not condoning it.

Your whataboutism is a massive failure here.

Good Vs evil haha, there's no good here, shitbag murdering owners Vs shitbag murdering supporters
:lol: :lol:

You are @Fearless of this football forum and I claim my £5.

"I don't see any broken windows, so this never really happened. Say it did and I'll sue you." Brilliant. :lol:

I hope the mods are reviewing the bolded part?

ExecutionerWasp001

It's a bit rich calling Scousers murderers & then trying to distance yourself from the Abu Dhabi regime. Supporting City is condoning the actions of your murderous owners. You might not be firing the gun but you are loading the bullets. You may say you can't help who your owners are but that doesn't mean you have to go along on the ride.

The Brada fans are shining lights in this regard. They are languishing in the 2nd division & haven't won a trophy for decades. They've still come out & said they don't want your owner anywhere near their club. Your fans on the other hand could'nt wait to get the tea towels out & the banners up when Abu Dhabi declared their intention to buy you.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol: :lol:

You are @Fearless of this football forum and I claim my £5.

"I don't see any broken windows, so this never really happened. Say it did and I'll sue you." Brilliant. :lol:

I hope the mods are reviewing the bolded part?
"I should add I'm glad those shitbags supporting city got arrested (all 2 of them who threw stuff) before you pull some nonsense on me not condoning it." Literally in my post but you know reading is hard and you still did it.

I mean I literally said in the post that it happened and I was glad they got arrested, like most of the deluded dippers your reading comprehension is that of an idiot. I said the bus wasn't wrecked not attacked but again Pool fans gonna make shit up to justify their shit stain support (which actually ruins a brilliant well run football club). Its a shame because there is a great element to the Liverpool support (guys like Klopper on this forum) its just ruined by numpties who can't read and think they are somehow footballs good guys.

Comparing 2 people (yes two people threw items) in the only video you could find after a lot of google (who are both shit bags) to your 10k shitbags out of 50k who attended the match is clever. Whataboutism at its finest.
You should try actually reading posts before jumping to conclusions.

Review for what, is it not true? maybe you should start a petition.

Good Guys - Hacked Cities scouting network, wrecked a bus, caught up in Englands biggest match fixing scandal (to save United of all teams from relegation), battered one and other in Kiev and got English football banned from Europe. In what world are you the good guys? You're at least the same stain of shit as the bad guys, worse than most.

As for sport washing your club were all about that, don't pretend the majority of you support didn't want it at the time too.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Mansour-wanted-buy-Liverpool-walked-away.html
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/mar/25/rick-parry-liverpool-sale

"It wasn't a case of us rejecting Dubai," Parry told London's Evening Standard. "They were the preferred bidder but they walked away." - Get the feck outta here with your good guys club.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's a bit rich calling Scousers murderers & then trying to distance yourself from the Abu Dhabi regime. Supporting City is condoning the actions of your murderous owners. You might not be firing the gun but you are loading the bullets. You may say you can't help who your owners are but that doesn't mean you have to go along on the ride.

The Brada fans are shining lights in this regard. They are languishing in the 2nd division & haven't won a trophy for decades. They've still come out & said they don't want your owner anywhere near their club. Your fans on the other hand could'nt wait to get the tea towels out & the banners up when Abu Dhabi declared their intention to buy you.
I've never tried to distance myself, our owner is exactly what he is (actually thats not entirely true, at the start I was oblivious to how shitty Mansour is because all the stories we5re about his brother..). A shitbag, murderer and if football was clean wouldn't be at the club. Supporting City is not condoning his actions, just like supporting Liverpool doesn't make them all responsible for their fanbase. Yes a lot of idiots got the scarves out etc... and they are idiots.

My original point was Dumbstar saying City vs Liverpool was Good vs Evil, there is no good here, not City and most certainly not Liverpool. It was the deluded seeing themselves as some kind of champions of light. His points on City are fair even if he can't understand simple English most the time. His blindness to the shit he supports however is not.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I had a look at Bluemoon to see what they thought about this and they're up in arms about those Breda fans who want nothing to do with them.

Quite happy taking all the young loan talent sent to them over the years though weren’t they...feck’em.
Loads and loads of dippers in the Netherlands.
feck Breda. We have helped them out with players and coaching for about a decade now. If they don’t want us I’m sure we can find a club who would welcome us.
They are a once proud club who have been a badly run shambles for a decade or more and whose direction of travel is very much more towards the third level than the first.
Sounds familiar tbh…
Perhaps a reflection of how far right wing Holland is as nation when they could have the financial backing of CFG that they come out with the petro dollar crap. Maybe they should be praising a leveraged buyout with debt in a model to suit such as American owners. These morons have truly been indoctrinated.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I had a look at Bluemoon to see what they thought about this and they're up in arms about those Breda fans who want nothing to do with them.
That last quote is the worst I've ever seen, turning down CFG somehow made the club right wing. Fair play to Breda for their stance.

Edit: Its also important to note most the complaints were about not becoming a feeder club or hoovered up under the City banner.

Manncunian

Unfortunately I think this coldness is more due to how bad we are as a team currently.

We are being given the choice of either City or Pool winning trophies, and I believe United fans preferring City winning trophies is more to do with how far behind City are in the trophy count, rather than because we just don’t care about City.

Liverpool are already way ahead in CLs, and one PL away from equalling the tally we worked so damned hard over two decades to overtake Liverpool with. There is simply way more at stake when it comes to Liverpool.

I too feel apathetic when it comes to City at the moment. But for me it’s all about what I’ve discussed above. City are far less relevant because their trophy tally is still miles behind ours.

I remember back when we were winning Premier Leagues and City were our main rivals towards the backend of our success, and I loathed City. I’m sure we all felt nothing but sheer contempt for them at that Agueeroooo moment, and the 6-1 defeat at OT. And every game they won during those seasons made me nauseous. I absolutely detested them.

So this feeling cold towards City right now is a result of our own shortcomings and failure to compete, and them being a better option than Liverpool winning. You’re not going to hate them winning like before because it prevents Liverpool catching us up, or getting even further ahead. And you’re never going to enjoy seeing them win for obvious reasons.

I do think fans dismissing City as irrelevant and not being bothered by them is just a way of making themselves feel better about how atrocious United are right now. We do care, and anyone who says otherwise is deluded. If you don’t care about City winning silverware and potentially eventually catching up/overtaking us, then are you really a United fan? I’d argue not.

I can guarantee when/if they do overtake us on all fronts, you won’t be sat there claiming you couldn’t careless about them winning things.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I've never tried to distance myself, our owner is exactly what he is (actually thats not entirely true, at the start I was oblivious to how shitty Mansour is because all the stories we5re about his brother..). A shitbag, murderer and if football was clean wouldn't be at the club. Supporting City is not condoning his actions, just like supporting Liverpool doesn't make them all responsible for their fanbase. Yes a lot of idiots got the scarves out etc... and they are idiots.

My original point was Dumbstar saying City vs Liverpool was Good vs Evil, there is no good here, not City and most certainly not Liverpool. It was the deluded seeing themselves as some kind of champions of light. His points on City are fair even if he can't understand simple English most the time. His blindness to the shit he supports however is not.
Now can you address the part where you called Liverpool fans murderers. Funny how with a little poke your true colours have come out.

I'm a known asshole on this thread but everyone knows me and my views. I'm an open book here. You on the other hand parade as some calm, sensible poster hiding your true self. Let the bluemoon shine through you, you already have in glimpses.

marktan

I'm probably among a select few on here that actually would prefer Liverpool to win over City. I have no family ties to United and wasn't even alive the last time Liverpool were relevant, whereas City have been a pain in the arse for the last 10 years with their big spending and Aguerooo etc. Plus I like Klopp and the way he goes about things.

Might be weird to some but it's just a game at the end of the day.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Now can you address the part where you called Liverpool fans murderers. Funny how with a little poke your true colours have come out.

I'm a known asshole on this thread but everyone knows me and my views. I'm an open book here. You on the other hand parade as some calm, sensible poster hiding your true self. Let the bluemoon shine through you, you already have in glimpses.
Heysel when your fans you know murdered a bunch of people. I don't care if I get banned for it honestly, your supporters did it and the fact you then go around throwing shit at everyone and playing the victim when called out on your indiscretions is as hypocritical as it is hilarious.

Liverpool fan "Your owner is a murderer, using your club for sport washing"
City fan "He sure is, but so are your fans"
Liverpool fan "That's not fair, you can't mention that."

I don't pretend to be some calm sensible poster, I am me and I deal with each issue as it comes up sometimes calm, sometimes annoyed, sometimes right, sometimes wrong. I've talked about that element of your support before. Its not new.
My issue wasn't with your legit criticism of City btw, you made a joke I made one back and you demanded I "don't run away" and wanted to show a video of 2 City fans throwing shit at a bus to condone 5k LFC fans doing the same in a pre-planned attack. You got what your asked for now you are crying about it. You wanted an argument and you got one. You are behaving like the kid at school who calls names then runs to the teacher when he gets it back.

The fact I touched a nerve sucks for you but those in glass houses and all that...

Seeing as you've been asking a lot of questions and not answering any, I'll ask some of you before I possibly get banned.

Who are the English club that match fixed to save United from relegation? (don't give me the not found guilty bollix, your happy to ignore the City verdict with CAS)
Who are the English club who got other English clubs banned from European football (if you don't wanna mention the why)?
Who are the English club caught hacking Man City's scouting database?
Who are the English club who wrecked (not attacked) a bus belonging to Man City?
Who are the English club who's supporters battered one and other outside of Anfield after they won the title and broke all Covid related rules?
Who wore t-shirts to support a racist and fans did backflips to defend it? So much so Jamie Carragher even said it was a mistake.
The good guys right.

The irony of this is I actually like your football team and current manager and outside of the % you fall into(the hypocrits) and the violent percentage I like most your fans too. If you wanna answer what I asked of you in the other posts too that'd be nice but you won't. Given I've explained an backed up my opinions do the same.

Last edited:

SER19

Just a couple of weeks after trying to legitimise Assad, Abu Dhabis finest have sentenced a 43 year old Israeli woman to death for having cocaine.

The outrage over Abramovich and silence over city and Newcastle is laughable and embarrassing for all involved - these people are outright scum and among the worst in the world