Do modern footballs not curl as much?

SungSam7

All about how you hit them.

It's all about the flat knuckle ball type strikes, it's so cool, all the kids hit the ball that way these days. Wrapping your foot around the ball and bending it just ain't cool anymore.
This.

It's kind of like the same way with penalties these days, you had a few back in the day who turn their back before a run up. Then some would come at a wide enough angle like a typical Ronaldinho, no you get clowns with the hop, skip and a jump there days.

Nobody seems to practice free kicks anymore, think James Madison and Ward-Prowse are the 2 that come to mind who have a more appropriate way of taking a free kick and it shows.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
This.

It's kind of like the same way with penalties these days, you had a few back in the day who turn their back before a run up. Then some would come at a wide enough angle like a typical Ronaldinho, no you get clowns with the hop, skip and a jump there days.

Nobody seems to practice free kicks anymore, think James Madison and Ward-Prowse are the 2 that come to mind who have a more appropriate way of taking a free kick and it shows.
Literally missed the best free kick taker in the world. Messi.

Marcelinho87

Again did you actually look at the graph or briefly skim it? Unless this is sarcasm.
Again? This is my first time.

Anyhow I looked at the number at the right indicating the percentage of goals scored to taken and his percentage is highest.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another factor is that back in the day pitches weren't as uniform and weren't watered in the way they always are now. Beckham's technique was even more effective on a dry pitch as the additional traction between foot and ball allowed you to put more bend/spin on it.
In addition to this, the orbital rotation of the Earth has fractionally slowed for free kicks being taken eastwards. That minute decrease in speed, coupled with the velocity of the kicking leg, has resulted in a large decrease in friction causing less curvature and spinnage on the ball.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Again? This is my first time.

Anyhow I looked at the number at the right indicating the percentage of goals scored to taken and his percentage is highest.
I asked the person who posted that graph had he actually looked at it, because it doesn't support the point he was trying to make, hence the again.

Coutinhos conversion is so high because he took so little.