Does a company sponsoring United ever change your opinion of that company?

Tiber

I was in town today buying a few bits and pieces and I found myself looking at two fairly similar products, one was made by Adidas and one was some other company. I wasn't massively fussed on which to buy and ended up (much to my surprise when I thought about it later on) buying the Addidas product because I knew they gave United a shit tonne of money.

This may be a very dull question - but does a company sponsoring United ever give you a more positive view of that company or do you just never give a damn?

Its probably going to be a thread full of people saying feck no - even I was surprised when the thought occurred to me.

Deleted member 101472

Chevrolets are shit before man utd and will be shit long after

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Wait, none of you lot drive around in Chevy's, wear Adidas clothes, send parcels only by DHL, drink Casillero del Diablo and Singha beverages or watch 20th Century Fox productions on a Toshiba laptop?

Tiber

Wait, none of you lot drive around in Chevy's, wear Adidas clothes, send parcels only by DHL, drink Casillero del Diablo and Singha beverages or watch 20th Century Fox productions on a Toshiba laptop?
That wasnt quite what I meant :p

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It probably does on a subconscious level, which is why companies pay so much for advertisement.

Uniquim

I like Santander less, because they called me and tried to sell me something because they knew I was a United supporter.

Also like Chevrolet less because their logos looks shit on the shirt.

On the other hand, I like X-men more, because of Blindependence Day.

I think the rest have remained unchanged.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I dont have any opnion on the companies that sponsor united. I dont buy their products because I dont want or need them with the exception of an occassional united jersey. If I do end up buying one of their products it is because I want that product more than the competing alternatives and the fact if they sponsor united or not doesnt play a part in it.

Same with the CL sponsors, I watch all those games and commercials but Id sooner drink piss than Heniken, I only drink Pepsi if I cant get a coca cola and I was eating lays chips already far before I ever watched my first game of football.

hobbers

Nope.

Chevrolet make shit cars. Aeroflot are a shit airline. Casillero del Diablo is disgusting.

Jordanc_16

When I was young, Vodafone replaced Sharp it made me really want to have a Vodafone phone. I remember dragging my dad down to the megastore to get the branded Nokia 3210.

That's the only time sponsorship impacted on a decision to get something.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm starting to dislike Nivea because of their piss poor ads.

I do like New Balance a bit more since they started sponsoring Liverpool but maybe that's just because I like their shoes so much.

VII

When we were with Nike I buy only Nike and tell everyone I know why Nike is the best and why all the other brands sucked.

Now I do the same with adidas and ask everyone I know to boycott Nike.

Hope by me being absolutely truthful saying this here they will continue to give us record deals. And please buy adidas, they're the best.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I have no idea what AIG and AON do. So no.

Similarly, a friend of mine is a City fan, and also used to follow The Tampa Bay Buccs. He stopped following them when Malc Glazer bought United. He switched to the NY Giants. That seems weird to me. He's a bit of a prat though.

Always loved Adidas shoes though, predating their involvement with United. Haven't bought a non-Adidas brand of casual footwear in many years. Never liked Umbro or Nike, who were involved with United throughout most of my life.

Tiber

When I was young, Vodafone replaced Sharp it made me really want to have a Vodafone phone. I remember dragging my dad down to the megastore to get the branded Nokia 3210.

That's the only time sponsorship impacted on a decision to get something.
That must have been a thing of beauty! I always wanted a 3210 (turquoise) more than any phone but my mum and dad outright refused. Was given a hand me down Motorola brick from my granny instead :(

Natener

I once bought that Mr potato or what's its brand chips because of United.

vk20legend

I don't go out of my way to buy United related products.. But I do skip companies which sponsor Liverpool and City to a certain extent..

I never had carlsberg when they were sponsoring Liverpool. Used to frequent Dunkin donuts for my daily coffee.. Stopped for a year immediately after they were announced as Liverpool sponsors..

Once had a better slightly better deal on Etihad airlines, but took another flight. Good that I did, cos my friend said his flight experience was terrible with Etihad.

A friend of mine who is also a United fan, closed his account at standard chartered when they became Liverpool sponsors and when he was asked why he was closing his account, he told them he cannot have an account with a bank who sponsor Liverpool. Not kidding.

Tiber

How about the opposite - Do any of you refuse to deposit your money at Standard Chartered?
very interesting point! I have always had a low opinion of reebok because they sponsored Liverpool for so long when I was a teen

Skills

Snitch
Not an opinion as much. I do notice them more though. I'd never given a shit about a Chevrolet or even noticed one on the road before they started sponsoring us. I seem to notice them everywhere now.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Addidas NMD sneakers are pricey but kinda hot. So i may pick them up over the roshe one as a token of appreciation, maybe.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
The only sponsors that I have ever really paid attention too are the watch sponsors, but I can't afford the brands that seem to sponsor us. :(:(:(

Zhadow

I always liked Adidas more than Nike. So the sponsoring deals didn't and don't change anything... neither do the other United deals.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
No, absolutely not. I've always been a big fan of Nissin Noodles. These authentic and highly nutritional Japanese noodles come in a wide range of flavours that are easy to cook, and make a great meal or snack, day or night. They're available at all good retailers so be sure to try them out for yourself.

Spoony

The People's President

If you don't you're not a proper fan.

Tut tut.