Does Mike Phelan do anything?

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I think he'll do ok, I liked him as a player for us, 91 league cup final aside where he was awful. He was great on our cup winners cup run that season though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Really interested to see what he does at Norwich. Would love him to do a cracking job and shove it up the arse of all of those nay-sayers, saying he did nothing at United apart from sit next to Fergie! Good luck Mike!

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Clearly our winning was all done to the players being motivated by seeing Phelan in shorts. We're gonna start winning again.

Foxbatt

Or they were scared of his balloon popping skills?
How was his time as Manager of Hull? I know he had only 9 fit players during a lot of the season and he got sacked too.

Lastwolf

Or they were scared of his balloon popping skills?
How was his time as Manager of Hull? I know he had only 9 fit players during a lot of the season and he got sacked too.
Hull was a shit show, you can't really judge him to harshly they went through 4 managers in a year and sold everyone of any worth. They prepared for that season as if they were going down and then they did, can't say I was shocked, he did okay at the start hence he got a the job full time, but that job was too much of an ask for him.

Maybe he's only a good assistant, maybe he was unlucky, much like Ole in Cardiff it was on the cards to end poorly from the start.

MorraGambit

I missed the times when we make fun of Phelan while winning right and left. Hope the winning mentality and football are back with him back with the team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hull was a shit show, you can't really judge him to harshly they went through 4 managers in a year and sold everyone of any worth. They prepared for that season as if they were going down and then they did, can't say I was shocked, he did okay at the start hence he got a the job full time, but that job was too much of an ask for him.

Maybe he's only a good assistant, maybe he was unlucky, much like Ole in Cardiff it was on the cards to end poorly from the start.
I seem to remember that the preseason was awful, they didn't even start the season with a full professional bench.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't know who I'm more happy about returning. Solskjaer or Phelan!

Can just imagine him sat at home in his shorts, watching Tuesday night football, the phone rings:

Fergie: "Time to come home Mike"

Phelan: "See you tomorrow morning"

*Phone line goes dead

Goes back to watching the football.

Maccataq

Don't know who I'm more happy about returning. Solskjaer or Phelan!

Can just imagine him sat at home in his shorts, watching Tuesday night football, the phone rings:

Fergie: "Time to come home Mike"

Phelan: "See you tomorrow morning"

*Phone line goes dead

Goes back to watching the football.

:lol: I can actually imagine this to be true

Maccataq

Welcome back Mike! :)

I'm still angry that Moyes got rid of him. I'm still convinced that Moyes could have come in and let Phelan and Meulensteen continue to run the day to day whilst he got settled. He probably could have coasted to a top 3 finish just doing that.

DocRockter

Clever Mike, whole yesterday he posted boring pictures from Burnley to twitter and today he's back.. A true strategic genius.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
:lol: Every time you watch it you see something differentTM

Rene's initial reaction is arguably funnier than Fergie's, but the 'feck off' is priceless of course.

Welcome back Micky, dust off them shorts and let's get going.

crossy1686

career ending
Welcome back Mike! :)

I'm still angry that Moyes got rid of him. I'm still convinced that Moyes could have come in and let Phelan and Meulensteen continue to run the day to day whilst he got settled. He probably could have coasted to a top 3 finish just doing that.
How not to manage a football club: A David Moyes story. On sale at every local bookstore this Christmas.

Thiagoal

I love how he's coming back to the club! Seems like a great guy who will bring with him the United mentality and help create the family environment United are famed for! I firmly believe the biggest mistake post SAF was initially getting rid of our backroom staff!

StoicRed

As much as I'd like to believe that Mike only set cones and popped balloons (Squad Mascot? haha!) I will say after doing some digging and research that Mike was actually quite an important member of the management team.

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/in-foc...anchester-united-machine-australian-football/

If you can find the part where he says: "While at United I had two main roles...." its quite a nice read as he goes into some details. It definitely sounded like he really enjoyed his role as Assistant Manager back then!

Side Note: Will never forgive Moyes for replacing the entire background staff!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
As much as I'd like to believe that Mike only set cones and popped balloons (Squad Mascot? haha!) I will say after doing some digging and research that Mike was actually quite an important member of the management team.

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/in-foc...anchester-united-machine-australian-football/

If you can find the part where he says: "While at United I had two main roles...." its quite a nice read as he goes into some details. It definitely sounded like he really enjoyed his role as Assistant Manager back then!

Thanks for that

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
:lol: Every time you watch it you see something differentTM

Rene's initial reaction is arguably funnier than Fergie's, but the 'feck off' is priceless of course.

Welcome back Micky, dust off them shorts and let's get going.
Just noticed that he jumps after the guy behind him touches him. :lol:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Set Cones and the Pop Balloons! My new band. ‘What do you think, Mike’ - their electrifying new album, a quaint mix of hillbilly and electronica