Does Ole smile too much?

GoldTrafford99

I've noticed this recently and I have to ask, is it becoming a problem?

While we've won a few games, I wouldn't say they merit a smile as this demonstrates the players can take their foot off the gas.

If you look at top managers like Pep, they don't smile during the match, maybe just after but not for very long.

Does anybody else ever wonder, when they're reading through The Caf, whether the posters are being serious, or just pulling our legs?

'Does Ole smile too much?' Ha. Ha.

This is beyond parody.

el3mel

So I'm the only one who actually thinks he's been mostly grumpy on the bench recently ?

arthurka

So I'm the only one who actually thinks he's been mostly grumpy on the bench recently ?
No he looks like he is boiling over at times. Don't care if he is showing this face towards the opponents and officials of he gives his lot a right rollicking.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As others have suggested, it's not about the smiles - it's about the pattern(s) of smile(s).

Any idiot can smile. Well, unless you suffer from Moebius syndrome. But the point is smiling consistently and in a pattern which pleases idiots online. Ole is severely lacking in that regard.

Yeah, it's a WUM effort - or at least I hope so.

Brightonian

It's a bad habit that's spreading to our players too. It's well known that smiling narrows your eyes and thus diminishes your field of vision, which might help to explain why we have no creativity up front. I'd wager with less smiling Greenwood would have four or five more goals to his name.

An elite coach wouldn't allow players to smile until they're at least 3-0 up in any game.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yes. Whenever you see his face it's always like he's "huehueheuheuheuhe"-ing inside.

Listar

This thread has to be a joke, OP is having a laugh I think
with the forum nowadays you can't be sure.

Imagine at your work in your performance review it says "smiles too much, needs improvement, first warning"

Bondi77

It is just a nervous thing I reckon, lots of people in every day life do it.

Bojan11

with the forum nowadays you can't be sure.

Imagine at your work in your performance review it says "smiles too much, needs improvement, first warning"
This thread has to be a joke, OP is having a laugh I think
He’s not. I know the guy outside redcafe and he’s always frowning, so no surprises he takes issue with people smiling.

MikeeMike

While we've won a few games, I wouldn't say they merit a smile as this demonstrates the players can take their foot off the gas.

If you look at top managers like Pep, they don't smile during the match, maybe just after but not for very long.
Perhaps VAR could check for excessive smiling, or, players putting too much foot on the gas.
If you intended this is comedy then smile
If not then smile more

Last edited:

Champagne Football

Very disrespectful and stupid thread. Klopp never stops with his childlike giggles every time his team is winning.

Ole has all the qualities needed to be a top top modern thinking coach.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
VAR is useless when you really need it. Was it a full grin, half smile, a smirk. It matters!

My vote for thread of the year!

nobby the legend

"Does Ole smile too much?"
If you
decide you may block me....but this is the most idiotic subject. Ever :)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Even his smiling is poorly coached. No plan B. There's no reason to use the same type on every occasion.

Green_Red

It must be reruns of Laurel and Hardy that he's watching during the games that had him smiling so much.

Cast5

Even his smiling is poorly coached. No plan B. There's no reason to use the same type on every occasion.
Its the pattern of his smile that winds me up, the sides of his mouth don’t quite push far enough up the face for my liking, the whole smile just seems to sit in a sort of low block just above the chin, it just invites pressure on the lower half of the face.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Its the pattern of his smile that winds me up, the sides of his mouth don’t quite push far enough up the face for my liking, the whole smile just seems to sit in a sort of low block just above the chin, it just invites pressure on the lower half of the face.
Good observation.

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
His fake smiles, the fact that his voice doesn't match his face and sometimes when he walks even when you've drawn a game he has a jaunty bounce in his step. You never see this from proper managers like Pep or Klopp. I don't know how the player put up with it. Proper shite management technique.

He's a fecking monster.

Irrational.

It’s the smile of a psychopath trying to blend into everyday society. He was the kid that everyone stayed away from at school, including the bullies. You wouldn’t want to wind him up into a state of frenzy or he’ll go mental with a pen.

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

i did notice to be frank, and it made my skin crawl, feels more sinister than a happy smile, i mean look at that

Water Melon

As long as we perform well on the pitch, I could not care less if he smiles less or more. If we are doing worse than we should be, it is most probably not bad either. I am sure that behind the scenes things are not always sunshine and rainbows. Finally, the idea that a hairdryer in public is the way to go does not seem to be a good one.

dal

We must trust him as a person he seems to have the team playing for him.

Being angry doesn’t make you a good manager.

We must also not think that what we see on the cameras is real life, I believe he has a ruthless streak.

I’m an Ole fanboy though FYI.