Does the club and fans need to get humble and look past the flashy manager/players?

tomaldinho1

I'm not sure culture has really changed since SAF's days, many of our fan base still think we should accommodate players but ignore the fact the quality around those players has steadily fallen, there's a reluctance to accept we haven't been a regular CL team for a while now and that we can't just sit in and counter as a tactic.

If ETH is sacked and the Glazers stay I don't really know what will change but the least we should do is hire someone who is hands on and has coached a high press team in the PL before - that's such a low target in truth for the size of club we are - but I think it's where you start. So yes an 'unflashy' manager would be important for me. Someone who has built something on a budget and been able to form a team that could take points off the biggest teams. Every player has a role, no player gets carried, we move on the older names and start to drastically bring down the average age of the squad. We become a fast, aggressive and high energy team who people hate to play against and move away from the bigger name players. it's about time we started creating great players again instead of trying to buy them.

AFC NimbleThumb

The team is full of mid table players doing mid table things. On big juicy contracts as they have good agents.

Just because some plays for United doesn't make them world class any more. Maybe that was true under Ferguson but those days are long long gone.

Player power has ruled old Trafford since Ferguson retired. That one thing needs to change.

People need to lower expectations wildly.
This./

We have seen this show so many times with this team, it’s not simply a case of application (of course that is part of it) but is quite clearly a case of quality.

Look at someone like Rashford, if he’s your 3rd best attacker or your first option off the bench then you’ve got a damn good team but he’s been woefully miscast as a lead striker which quite frankly I don’t think is a burden he really wants but because he’s our no.10 & despite the hate our best attacker if recent years [says more about the squad quality than anything] people are upset he’s not the second coming of Mbappe when he really shouldn’t have to be.

We don’t need to get past anything, we just need to change the squad culture & improves the players we sign/promote to the 1st team squad.