Domenico Berardi - RW

Strelok

I heard this guy is pretty good recently.

Last season he scored 14 goals and had 10 assists in 31 matches (2501') in the Serie A.

This season he had 4 goals 3 assist in 8 matches (717') so far.

Numbers speaking it's quite amazing for a winger imo. But I don't watch Serie A. Any thought?

Thiagoal

Looks amazing in the video. Just wondering how he’s escaped my attention (and big clubs) for so long given he’s 26? Might be a similar case to Bruno!

gajender

Injuries mostly I believe he was touted as big talent since young age.

Strelok

gajender

He's injured a lot?

I checked his injuries record and apart from a big one in 2016/2017 it's quite normal I think.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/domenico-berardi/verletzungen/spieler/177843

And it seems he's rated quite high due to good form recently. 5th best winger in the world.
https://www.footballcritic.com/top-players/wingers
I may be mistaken about injuries but Devilish one of the poster with great knowledge of Italian league did mention him as a good option for us while back.

Bulldog United

I've never seen him play, but he is absolutely world class in Football Manager (at least FM2020). So he must be pretty good. :D

Okey

Late bloomer maybe? That's a damn good highlight package.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Broke out at a young age and then stagnated for a bit. The Italians at work think he’s talented but has attitude problems and don’t think he can play in a big team

Strelok

Broke out at a young age and then stagnated for a bit. The Italians at work think he’s talented but has attitude problems and don’t think he can play in a big team
May I ask because of his attitude or talent?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
:lol:

Ok thanks.
@devilish could you give us your opinion on him please?
Berardi is an excellent inside forward who had his fair share of injuries. From what I read, he isn't actively searching for a move to a big club as he prefers playing football on a regular basis. I don't really blame him. Sassuolo is becoming an Atalanta/Leicester type of club that pay well, they treat players well and is exciting to play with. I have extended family who are connected with Sassuolo FC + I know a young Maltese female girl playing there (best talent in Malta both female/male) and they both claim to be a great club to play for.

Why move elsewhere where you can easily end up like Bernardeschi and Darmian did?

Strelok

Berardi is an excellent inside forward who had his fair share of injuries. From what I read, he isn't actively searching for a move to a big club as he prefers playing football on a regular basis. I don't really blame him. Sassuolo is becoming an Atalanta/Leicester type of club that pay well, they treat players well and is exciting to play with. I have extended family who are connected with Sassuolo FC + I know a young Maltese female girl playing there (best talent in Malta both female/male) and they both claim to be a great club to play for.

Why move elsewhere where you can easily end up like Bernardeschi and Darmian did?
Or could end up like Bruno :wenger: ?

Joking aside, at least he's a good winger according to you. But if what you said is true, that he's happy there and doesn't fancy to move to a bigger club then he simply shouldn't I think.

Thank you.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Or could end up like Bruno :wenger: ?

Joking aside, at least he's a good winger according to you. But if what you said is true, that he's happy there and doesn't fancy to move to a bigger club then he simply shouldn't I think.

Thank you.
Believe it or not, Bruno's career was nearly ruined by moving to a bigger club earlier then expected. After doing so well with Udinese he fount himself shoehorned in a deeper position at Sampdoria as they preferred playing the taller and more physically imposing Schick to him. Bruno's career was saved by Sporting and the rest is history.

There's countless number of players who weren't able to make the jump. Sometimes its down to the player (ex he can't handle pressure etc) while sometimes its down to the buying club. Juventus has quite a nasty reputation of expecting too much out of the young players they bought.

Strelok

Believe it or not, Bruno's career was nearly ruined by moving to a bigger club earlier then expected. After doing so well with Udinese he fount himself shoehorned in a deeper position at Sampdoria as they preferred playing the taller and more physically imposing Schick to him. Bruno's career was saved by Sporting and the rest is history.

There's countless number of players who weren't able to make the jump. Sometimes its down to the player (ex he can't handle pressure etc) while sometimes its down to the buying club. Juventus has quite a nasty reputation of expecting too much out of the young players they bought.
Yeah imo it's actually a quite sensible move for him back then. He was 21 yo I think. And it's rather a good idea for him to stay in a small club, play regularly and develop than to move to a big club and waste his best years to develop there on the bench.

Tbh he seems pretty amazing watching the highlights. He has a pretty strong left foot and quite decent with the other. And his numbers speak volumes I think.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Isn't he part owned or something by Juventus or one of the big clubs there?

Amazed he's stayed so long at Sassuolo although they're having a pretty good season this year so could make europa league.

stankovic

Supports
inter
Berardi a very technically gifted player, with an excellent left foot and good dribbling skills. He's also benefitting quite a lot from playing in De Zerbi's system, with Sassuolo being one of the most offensive-minded and fun to watch sides in Serie A in the last couple of seasons.

Actually he's not really a late-bloomer, as he was already touted for a big move at 20. He also turned down Juventus 3 years ago when the transfer was about to be finalized. After that, his performances declined for a while, as he struggled to put up decent numbers and was picking up a few too many cards.

Since last year he seems to be back on track though, and starting to get attention again from big clubs. Anyway, I'd say he's one of those players that need to have a central role in the team and really feel the trust of the environment around him to perform well

Strelok

Berardi a very technically gifted player, with an excellent left foot and good dribbling skills. He's also benefitting quite a lot from playing in De Zerbi's system, with Sassuolo being one of the most offensive-minded and fun to watch sides in Serie A in the last couple of seasons.

Actually he's not really a late-bloomer, as he was already touted for a big move at 20. He also turned down Juventus 3 years ago when the transfer was about to be finalized. After that, his performances declined for a while, as he struggled to put up decent numbers and was picking up a few too many cards.

Since last year he seems to be back on track though, and starting to get attention again from big clubs. Anyway, I'd say he's one of those players that need to have a central role in the team and really feel the trust of the environment around him to perform well
Thank you for the info.

However the later part doesn't sound really promising I think.

GloryHunter07

I heard this guy is pretty good recently.

Last season he scored 14 goals and had 10 assists in 31 matches (2501') in the Serie A.

This season he had 4 goals 3 assist in 8 matches (717') so far.

Numbers speaking it's quite amazing for a winger imo. But I don't watch Serie A. Any thought?

I think he takes penalties and set pieces which may account for a number of those goals.

Strelok

I think he takes penalties and set pieces which may account for a number of those goals.
Yeah it seems. He was taking a number of pens in that video. But his free kick is pretty awesome I think. Some screamers he got there.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
He is a "Di Natale" player. Very talented player who could move up to a bigger club, but who is happy with his current role and life at a smaller club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He is a "Di Natale" player. Very talented player who could move up to a bigger club, but who is happy with his current role and life at a smaller club.
Quagliarella another I'd put in that category even though he was at Juve for a couple of season.

Quag, Di Natale and a young Alexis Sanchez was a brilliant watch at Udinese about a decade ago.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
15 Serie A goals for him so far this season and regular starter for Italy.

Still only 26 so pretty much the Grealish of Serie A given he's been very loyal to Sass and they may still make europa league.

Interesting to see who he's been linked with but feels made for Atalanta with how they play and a signing they could make to replace likes of Illic.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's not moving. Happy where he is and doesn't want to leave

He's a difficult personality