Dominik Szoboszlai | signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems to be the modern blueprint of playing the game and they are certainly cutting edge at finding value/player development. I think we could certainly utilise the loan market a lot better while there aren’t many restrictions and try to get young players cheap and make a profit on the ones that don’t make it instead of always going for the obvious targets. It would definitely help with FFP. We need to sell a lot better and I think that would be a step in the right direction.
Agreed mate. Clubs like Red Bull have the edge when it comes to signing the younger players due to them providing a clear pathway to the first team. But I think under new owners we'll go up a level in that regard.

bucky

He Improved but still not someone who I thought he was going to develop into.
He is 22. Not sure what you were expecting. Also, it's not like he is finished developing. With that being said, I hope this goes the same as Keita.

Chief123

Bang average player for a world class price. Desperate repairs going on at anfield.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Incredible talent. Reminds me of KDB, would have loved us to sign him.

Orange Tree

I don't see it with this lad, Mount has been the better player.

That said, he probably earns half of what Mount would get at United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is 22. Not sure what you were expecting. Also, it's not like he is finished developing. With that being said, I hope this goes the same as Keita.
I was expecting him to develop more as a slightly deeper midfielder when I watched him as a youngster, that's all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The next Maradona and Zidane rolled into one. Liverpool have done amazing to get him for only £14m. They are surely favourites for the Champions League this season now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agreed mate. Clubs like Red Bull have the edge when it comes to signing the younger players due to them providing a clear pathway to the first team. But I think under new owners we'll go up a level in that regard.
That approach is not possible for biggest clubs. In big clubs managers must chase trophies and because of that they don't have luxury for giving a youth players a chance. Only one or two who really stand out get a chance. And even them get it slowly.
Clubs like Leipzig and Dortmund don't chase trophies. So manager can give youth players a chance.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That approach is not possible for biggest clubs. In big clubs managers must chase trophies and because of that they don't have luxury for giving a youth players a chance. Only one or two who really stand out get a chance. And even them get it slowly.
Clubs like Leipzig and Dortmund don't chase trophies. So manager can give youth players a chance.
A similar approach does work at big clubs but just not with young players at the same level. But I feel it's important to have a vision on the type of football one wants to develop.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Definitely a talented player, but never got the impression that he dominated games like a €70m player should. Didn't watch that many Leipzig games though.

Gordon S

Incredible talent. Reminds me of KDB, would have loved us to sign him.
Same here. Reminds me of Pogba as well. Big strong guy with quick feet and a bit of flair as well.
Hurts to see him at Liverpool. Hope he flops so bad now.

90 + 5min

£70m? Suddenly Mount deal looks like buying a pair of chewing gums. Good player but he is nowhere near that price.

I can't understand clubs throwing this kind of money on players.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Very good when he is on it. But those days are too rare at the moment for a 70m€ player.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Potentially good signing. Has had a decent season and has the right profile to be a good passer and attacking threat from midfield.

Has always reminded me of a very BTEC De Brunye. Genuinely though think Mount is by far the better player.

Siorac

He's the best player in the national team by some distance, alongside his Leipzig colleagues (former colleagues now, I suppose) but this is a surprise. Wouldn't have expected any top club to pay this sort of money for him.

Don't give away freekicks around the area against Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.