Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
If the clause is paid surely there is little the selling club can do to control who he signs for.
Yeah I think people look at this the wrong way. It's more about him joining Leipzig because he (and his team) knows the model well, so it's only a natural step. Also going by the reports, he did actually consider Arsenal so it's not like it was a total given.

GenZRed

Why would we be interested in him? What role does he fill when there are other gaping holes in our squad? It’s like anytime a seemingly well rated player moves clubs everyone moans about us not buying them when they aren’t what we need.
Yeah you're right. Who needs strength in depth anyway?

Let's spend £50 million plus on Grealish. We could buy Dominik Szokoszlai at around half that price and free up funds to try and buy another player but no.

macheda14

Yeah you're right. Who needs strength in depth anyway?

Let's spend £50 million plus on Grealish. We could buy Dominik Szokoszlai at around half that price and free up funds to try and buy another player but no.
We bought Donny for this exact reason.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No one's interested in having the sell on clause bar, surprise, the club that's owned by the same sporting group. I am shocked.

edcunited1878

Disgrace that we aren't interested in this guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if our scouting department has no idea this guy exists.
How many good players from RB Salzburg have transferred into a top club of the PL? The entire PL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bayern and Dortmund "lost" out. What do New York Red Bull, RB Salzburg, and RB Leipzig have in common.

Nick7

I think he needs another year or two at a team below the top level so I think that move is good for him.

D4X73r

they add release clauses and sell on on Salzburg players just to ensure either Leipzig gets the player or they get more than enough from another club.
even with 50m release clause, Leipzig would have bought him as it's the same company behind it. it's a move of money from Red Bull's left pocket to the right pocket.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
they add release clauses and sell on on Salzburg players just to ensure either Leipzig gets the player or they get more than enough from another club.
even with 50m release clause, Leipzig would have bought him as it's the same company behind it. it's a move of money from Red Bull's left pocket to the right pocket.
Exactly.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not anymore. Red Bull is only a sponsor, not the owner of Salzburg. They can not pull out money from Salzburg anymore, but they still controll the club.
I'm not trying to imply that's the only reason, because firstly he looks a hell of a talent and it makes a lot of sense as they will have way more information sharing than any other two clubs. It just means a barrier of the sell on clause is not as big of a deal between those two clubs, due to their close ties. If the whole group does well, everyone does well. That's not really the case for any other club who wants to buy him.

Resch

I'm not trying to imply that's the only reason, because firstly he looks a hell of a talent and it makes a lot of sense as they will have way more information sharing than any other two clubs. It just means a barrier of the sell on clause is not as big of a deal between those two clubs, due to their close ties. If the whole group does well, everyone does well. That's not really the case for any other club who wants to buy him.
RBL has an advantage when buying players from Salzburg. No doubt about that. Freund won't veto a transfer to RBL like he did the transfer from Hwang to the PL last winter. Salzburg lost more then 10 millions and sold Hwang for peanuts to RBL 5 months later. Most of the Salzburg fans were angry about it. But Haaland and Szobo could choose their no club, they have clauses. No big advantage for RBL there....

troylocker

Disgrace that we aren't interested in this guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if our scouting department has no idea this guy exists.
He's a great talent, but a left winger/AM......How many minutes would you give him on the left wing/AM?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
RBL has an advantage when buying players from Salzburg. No doubt about that. Freund won't veto a transfer to RBL like he did the transfer from Hwang to the PL last winter. Salzburg lost more then 10 millions and sold Hwang for peanuts to RBL 5 months later. Most of the Salzburg fans were angry about it. But Haaland and Szobo could choose their no club, they have clauses. No big advantage for RBL there....
Fair point. Does Haaland have a a similar sell on clause of the whole fee, that's being reported for Szobo?

Lyricist

His transfer to Leipzig has been confirmed now.
Leipzig are paying 20 million euros instead of the 25 million euros release clause, but Salzburg get another 20% if he's sold again.

beingshe7don

Terrific player and only 20 years of age. Along with Haaland and Bellingham, he'll be one of the youngsters to look out for this Bundesliga season. I have a feeling that Bayern will snap him up. I think he would be the perfect rotation for Bruno and also he could also play as a false 9 kind of like Havertz for Chelsea as well as a winger from time to time. I wanted him if we hadn't gotten Grealish.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
What a debut after a nightmare start to his Leipzig career. Think he'll push on now & become a star. As much as his transfer to Leipzig seems inevitable, I feel its going to be another 1 we regret missing out on given how much we were linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.