Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr PG

Who’s covering Rashford if he gets injured, tired or having a string of bad performances?

James or Martial?
You buy top players when possible and replace whomever you have to. That's what top clubs do.

Mr PG

Would break the bank for him. Looks better than Sancho too and he's a midfielder

Resch

You buy top players when possible and replace whomever you have to. That's what top clubs do.
Top teams buy one for now and two for the future. Idiots ony buy top players. Why? Because witout oil money a footballclub could not afford so many worldclass players. Bayern Davis, Alaba were bought as youth players, Kimmich was signed 5 years ago, not as a worldstar, but with worldclass talent. Real has their Brasilian youth. Barcelona has Pedri and many others. Even City and PSG invest in their youth. Chelsea has their loan army. Why should United not invest in the future? Every team need hungry young players, fighting for minutes and a place in the squade.

Fussball13251

He looks pretty good. Deluded Arsenal fans. Why would he choose Arsenal over Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Man United?

It isn't just about the money you want to win trophies, too.

Arteta a decent manager but Arsenal are a shitly run club with no ambition to win anything.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The Athletic have a decent profile on him today.

Sometimes, players blessed with technical excellence are not always the best movers on the pitch and do not have engines that can sustain them for a full 90 minutes. Christian Eriksen, for example, is a player considered technically elite, but he is fairly slow, and does not spring to mind as someone who could last going box-to-box for a whole match. Seemingly, Szoboszlai is the exception to that rule, matching elite technical ability with the same levels of stamina and speed, enabling him to complete these high intensity runs late in games.

“Certainly his greatest gift is his right foot, he can put the ball where he wants to,” Jesse Marsch, his Salzburg head coach, tells The Athletic. “But he can run all day and he’s fast, and what’s interesting is when you have a player that’s so gifted with his right foot, what I try to do is still not let him just rely on what he can do with his right foot but also to use his athleticism to be aggressive with and without the ball. And certainly running off the ball to be dangerous.
Apparently AC Milan are looking at him for a replacement for Calhanoglu, so we will probably hand this player to Milan....

beingshe7don

We need replacements for Lingard and Mata and I think Dominik would be a great replacement for Bruno as well as the No.10. However, I don't think we're monitoring him.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
We need replacements for Lingard and Mata and I think Dominik would be a great replacement for Bruno as well as the No.10. However, I don't think we're monitoring him.
You'd be surprised, he's the breakout star of the year and has a very reasonable price tag on his head.

Teja

Any solid links to us? Or maybe transfer price speculation?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I update him from one to keep close eyes on to...
Category : Run to buy, before others clubs get him. This boy is the real deal. I think he will move to another big club in January.

Ighalo contract will end in January. And United don’t need to extend Cavani for another year. If i am United manager i would buy this boy to play him as LW and move Rashford back as a CF option. This boy has better one on one skill than Rashford as LW. It mean he will strength United LW starting XI.

Give and offer Red Bull Salzburg a good deal they will hard to say no and will be satisfy. To the deal as soon as better. Then he might be ready to play 2 January. Not 2 February. Then you have missed many matches in a month period.

Line him up :

Mc Tom - Fred + Greenwood - Bruno/DVB - Szobos + Rashford/Martial

There you have in a 4231 formation

No need for Ighalo and Cavani here. Not because they are not good enough. But because playing as United CF and have the service of Greenwood, Bruno and Szobos you will score many goals. Top service and support....on a top a regular basis level.

This boy has everything as LW and attacking player.
Rashford is not a number 9. Stick that in your notebook

Crimson King

There's another article in the athletic today (by Ornstein, so pretty reliable) that says there's a good chance he'll move in January. We're not really mentioned, he cites Leipzig as most likely, but AC Milan, Real Madrid, Tottenham and Arsenal are all keen.

Apparently the release clause is only around 25mil, but there's a huge sell on clause for Salzburg in any future deal, which might put a fair few clubs off.

I would add that his main position is also AM, apparently, where we're pretty well stocked right now with Bruno, VdB and even Pogba who can be pushed further forward.

The kid might be hugely talented but we have other priorities I guess.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
There's another article in the athletic today (by Ornstein, so pretty reliable) that says there's a good chance he'll move in January. We're not really mentioned, he cites Leipzig as most likely, but AC Milan, Real Madrid, Tottenham and Arsenal are all keen.

Apparently the release clause is only around 25mil, but there's a huge sell on clause for Salzburg in any future deal, which might put a fair few clubs off.

I would add that his main position is also AM, apparently, where we're pretty well stocked right now with Bruno, VdB and even Pogba who can be pushed further forward.

The kid might be hugely talented but we have other priorities I guess.

Craig Ward

We should be in for him.

We have attacking players in numbers, but nearly all of them have served they're time here and need replacing:
Lingard/Mata/Pogba.

Donny can play multiple midfield positions and this guy can play wide or AM,

He looks like the has great ability, he'd instantly make us better. We need quality throughout the squad - something we've got better at but still need to improve.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Close to finalising a move to Leipzig according to German media today.

GameOn

Sky reports that his move to RB Leipzig is all but done.
Massive steal for €25 million. Massive.

Berbaclass

shocker. That Salzburg/Leipzig pipeline pisses me off to no end.
I mean there's nothing to stop other clubs doing something similar though right? Watford/Udinese/Granada springs to mind. In this case anyone can activate his clause if they wanted to so it's noting sinister.

I've heard United will be looking to partner with a club to help sign European youngsters under 18 years old with the new Brexit rules coming into force soon.

Nick7

I mean there's nothing to stop other clubs doing something similar though right? Watford/Udinese/Granada springs to mind. In this case anyone can activate his clause if they wanted to so it's noting sinister.

I've heard United will be looking to partner with a club to help sign European youngsters under 18 years old with the new Brexit rules coming into force soon.
City have Girona, Troyes, and Lommel already in addition to their non European teams like NYCFC and Melbourne City. It’s going to become a lot more common post Brexit.

Berbaclass

City have Girona, Troyes, and Lommel already in addition to their non European teams like NYCFC and Melbourne City. It’s going to become a lot more common post Brexit.
Yeah I think it's a smart thing to do also.

We should buy Ajax :drool:

Infestissumam

Any club could buy him, his contract has a release clause: 25 Millions and a 20% of the future transfer fee. So the problem is Manchester United not interested in talent.
sure, but do you really believe the "anybody could buy him" thing? ;) I see you're from Salzburg as well, just as I am. How many times have we seen this move? Keita, Upamecano, Haidara, Laimer, Hwang, Wolf and so many more. Let's not pretend that Leipzig doesn't have a clear advantage here. I think it's naive to think that Leipzig doesn't have more contact to the player and his entourage than other clubs have. Many of those players sign for Salzburg in the first place because they know going to Leipzig is in the cards soon if they do well in Austria. It's not like those two clubs were really independent from each other ;)

Ultimately you can't do anything about it. It's perfectly legal in UEFAs and FIFAs eyes, and you can't necessarily fault a player for going to a top club in Germany. But personally, that Salzburg/Leipzig still irks me, even though we've all grown used to it. Personally, I'm always way happier when a Salzburg player gets a decent gig somewhere else (Lazaro, Lainer, Haaland etc) and doesn't just go the Leipzig route.

Resch

This guy from Salz looks pretty good too. 18 years old

Fast as hell, should be the next good Salzburg striker. He should become starter next season
sure, but do you really believe the "anybody could buy him" thing? ;) I see you're from Salzburg as well, just as I am. How many times have we seen this move? Keita, Upamecano, Haidara, Laimer, Hwang, Wolf and so many more. Let's not pretend that Leipzig doesn't have a clear advantage here. I think it's naive to think that Leipzig doesn't have more contact to the player and his entourage than other clubs have. Many of those players sign for Salzburg in the first place because they know going to Leipzig is in the cards soon if they do well in Austria. It's not like those two clubs were really independent from each other ;)

Ultimately you can't do anything about it. It's perfectly legal in UEFAs and FIFAs eyes, and you can't necessarily fault a player for going to a top club in Germany. But personally, that Salzburg/Leipzig still irks me, even though we've all grown used to it. Personally, I'm always way happier when a Salzburg player gets a decent gig somewhere else (Lazaro, Lainer, Haaland etc) and doesn't just go the Leipzig route.
Most of the Salzburg Fans are happier when a player does not join the "ugly little sister...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That we were apparently not interested in him is shocking.
It is an intra-company transaction from Salzburg to Leipzig. Not much you can do about it but they probably promised him that he can move on when certain demands are met.

GenZRed

Disgrace that we aren't interested in this guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if our scouting department has no idea this guy exists.

Berbaclass

It is an intra-company transaction from Salzburg to Leipzig. Not much you can do about it but they probably promised him that he can move on when certain demands are met.
If the clause is paid surely there is little the selling club can do to control who he signs for.

macheda14

Disgrace that we aren't interested in this guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if our scouting department has no idea this guy exists.
Why would we be interested in him? What role does he fill when there are other gaping holes in our squad? It’s like anytime a seemingly well rated player moves clubs everyone moans about us not buying them when they aren’t what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.