Film Don’t Look Up

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I would say he makes enough films, I feel like Brad Pitt has been in far more stuff (including mediocre stuff) but maybe that's just my perception.
I think a lot of them are doing too many films. Like two or three a year, that they just play the same role over and over again.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I watched the first 30 minutes and hated it. I like the premise of a politcal satire movie (Four Lions, In the Loop are some of my favourite movies), they bring a balance between funny but also realistic and thought provoking. This tried to take things into too much of an extreme that it didn't become believable anymore and was just ridiculous.

The scene with the president just threw me off. I don't care how dumb a president is, no one will nonchalantly throw away a threat of an asteroid hitting the earth within 6 months ("99%? Oh so not a 100 percent" :houllier:). If they said 6 years and that was the reaction of the president, I wouldn't have been as mad. The TV interview scene afterwards was just as bad.

It's a worse version of Idiocracy (decent movie), which atleast advertized itself as an extreme example of the future.
You could argue that the film, given it was really about climate change, was not really going for realism with regards to the comet situation, but wanted to highlight the absurdity of the situation we are currently in. You are saying statespeople would not ignore a certain threat - that is exactly what is happening currently. That it is 6 months or 40-50 years away is completely irrelevent, in the grand scheme of things, the whole point was that we're running towards our collective deaths and being completely oblivious about it.

That it was "ridiculous" was exactly what they were going for. It wasn't a social/political satire in the same vein as Four Lions or In The Loop (both excellent films) and I don't think you can compare them. This wasn't a satire about the American presidency (who cares about that anymore anyway, reality has outdone satire), it was something else entirely.

Idxomer

I think a lot of them are doing too many films. Like two or three a year, that they just play the same role over and over again.
DiCaprio is one of the most selective actors out there and takes a lot of breaks after his films.

acnumber9

DiCaprio is one of the most selective actors out there and takes a lot of breaks after his films.
Yeah, it’s a weird criticism of him. He’s done 3 films since 2013 and they’ve all been very different roles. Don’t Look Up in particular is a big change of pace for him.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah, it’s a weird criticism of him. He’s done 3 films since 2013 and they’ve all been very different roles. Don’t Look Up in particular is a big change of pace for him.
Is that it?! Crazy.

Sylar

Watched this on netflix and enjoyed it. It was the right kind of dumb funny.
Jlaw and Jonah jokes against each other was great and funny.

JLaw mentioning being charged through the movie was hilarious. Its something I would do.

Leo was really good too. Enjoyed it overall. And it did have some hilarious bits in it. I guess most will take the movie how they want to. I dont think being subtle would help as it normally doesnt.
I looked it up because, yeah, i thought myself, I havent seen him in any movies lately. But three? Damn.