g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Donald Love

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Looks like a talented player but he doesn't really seem ready for PL level football.
22 in a few weeks. Only 8 senior games in professional football.

Far too many players his age who have played so little in English football.

BarstoolProphet

I liked what I saw from him. Good ball control under pressure and despite a shit turf. Never seen him play before.

Drainy

I'd agree but unfortunately we don't have any other choice at the moment with all of our fullback options are made of glass.
We'd be in a lot better position if LVG hadn't lost his rag after the MK Dons debacle hadn't ended the United careers of players who, while having had a terrible game, had potential to do a good job in the squad down the line

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
We'd be in a lot better position if LVG hadn't lost his rag after the MK Dons debacle hadn't ended the United careers of players who, while having had a terrible game, had potential to do a good job in the squad down the line
Like who? How many first team fullbacks do you want?

Drainy

Keane wanted to leave and Janko is shite anyway, has absolutely no idea how to defend.
Keane could have been convinced to stay. He'd been at the club forever and given our defensive situation he would be pretty bloody useful about now.

Janko needs coaching and patience but there's more talent there than Love, in my opinion.

limerickcitykid

Keane could have been convinced to stay. He'd been at the club forever and given our defensive situation he would be pretty bloody useful about now.

Janko needs coaching and patience but there's more talent there than Love, in my opinion.
He couldn't, he wanted first team football, he wasn't getting that here. Janko is shit and always will be, he is a shit version of Valencia. There is minimal difference between him and Love imo. It is a absolutely ridiculous thing to complain about anyway. Valencia, Darmian, Varela, Young, McNair, and Jones are all out who would play, that makes Love our 7th choice RB. You're really going to complain that our 7th choice RB isn't good enough? Sure, wtf was van Gaal thinking going into the season with such a poor 7th choice RB.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I won't blame him but he was fecking shite attacking and defending.

I'm surprised he's getting any praise for anything other than participating.
I thought he was quite composed on the ball but his defensive positioning was pretty poor. Don't see him having a long term future here but he's a decent little player. Championship I suspect.

Sid234

He did well, wasnt the greatest defensively.. seemed too eager to get forward and make a mark which is great to see but left him out of position very often.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Darmian, Valencia, Young, Jones, Varela. We have our FIVE first choice right backs out. It's utterly insanse.
You can even add in McNair, that is 6. Somehow van Gaal's fault of course.
Then on the other side, Shaw and Rojo are out long term, and Blind can't fill in there because there's no other centre backs either. How does any manager prepare for that?

Darmian, Shaw, Valencia, Young, Jones, Varela, Rojo, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson and Love have all played at full back this season. 10 different full backs. It is madness.

limerickcitykid

Then on the other side, Shaw and Rojo are out long term, and Blind can't fill in there because there's no other centre backs either. How does any manager prepare for that?

Darmian, Shaw, Valencia, Young, Jones, Varela, Rojo, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson and Love have all played at full back this season. 10 different full backs. It is madness.
Exactly, McNair too I'm pretty sure so 11. Doesn't stop van Gaal being blamed for not buying more cover as if every club has 12 fullbacks.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Exactly, McNair too I'm pretty sure so 11. Doesn't stop van Gaal being blamed for not buying more cover as if every club has 12 fullbacks.
I'd missed off McNair, even though he was in the post I quoted! 11 full backs. Wow.

At the start of the season, Darmian and Valencia for the right, and Shaw and Rojo for the left was reasonable depth, plus the option of Blind to fill in (as many weren't expecting him to be ever-present at centre back all season long!), as well as Young who can play either side at a push. It fits in with LvG's original 'two players for every position', plus a couple of utility players. Any more than that would be excessive.