Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So that prick McCarthy is planning on switching a number of hardcore Trump defenders onto the House Intelligence Committee for the public hearings.

They really are shameless bastards.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The GOP want to send their goon to wreck the place.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
At this point he will say and do anything to get re-elected. He called Trump a bigot in 2015 when it was politically expedient to do so, and is now ok with pivoting into a role of being his political **** if it means he can stay in the Senate for another six years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The GOP want to send their goon to wreck the place.

No surprise, they're going to fill the committee with grandstanders. They don't expect to make any salient points or be able to genuinely argue Trump's case but they will provide Fox News and the other right wing rabbles with all the bollocks they need to be able to actually cover the impeachment proceedings.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
No surprise, they're going to fill the committee with grandstanders. They don't expect to make any salient points or be able to genuinely argue Trump's case but they will provide Fox News and the other right wing rabbles with all the bollocks they need to be able to actually cover the impeachment proceedings.
And push the nihilistic view of politics that it's all a mess and no side is better.

I just don't get how folks can support someone like Joe Jordan.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This is the same clown who went on a virtue signaling rampage when NSC privacy issues were leaked. Suddenly whistle blowers are a threat.

I wish his neighbor had put him to pasture.

Nucks

RT History Department
This is the same clown who went on a virtue signaling rampage when NSC privacy issues were leaked. Suddenly whistle blowers are a threat.

If Dems win, isn't this basically violating the constitution? Couldn't they try him for some sort of espionage crime?

Nucks

RT History Department
Huh? Whistleblower protection isn’t constitutionally protected, it’s just a law.
Oh my bad, the 6th amendment doesn't apply to whistleblowers I had confused it in my head as protection for them. Still, he could and should be persecuted under the full extent of the law should he out a whistleblower if there is any grounds for legal proceedings.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Oh my bad, the 6th amendment doesn't apply to whistleblowers I had confused it in my head as protection for them. Still, he could and should be persecuted under the full extent of the law should he out a whistleblower if there is any grounds for legal proceedings.
Absolutely, but given Barr runs the DoJ I'd say there's basically zero chance of it happening.

Kaos

I don’t care for Libertarians and their loopy philosophy but Rand Paul is pretty much a fake ‘Paul’.

Drifter

American
Congress has officially subpoenaed President Donald Trump’s acting chief of staff, Politico reported Thursday.

“House impeachment investigators have subpoenaed acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, demanding that he testify about his knowledge of President Donald Trump’s decision to withhold military aid to Ukraine,” Politico reported.

“Mulvaney had already signaled he would likely refuse lawmakers’ demands to testify, and the White House has issued a blanket order against cooperating with the impeachment probe,” Politico noted.

At an October 17th press conference, Mulvaney admitted Trump had a quid pro quo with Ukraine and told reporters to “get over it.”

Carolina Red

Staff

I don’t care for Libertarians and their loopy philosophy but Rand Paul is pretty much a fake ‘Paul’.

Status
Not open for further replies.