Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The way to punish that family is by making them go broke. Jail would be great but broke is better.
Still, even if that happened you’ll have magats sending him money they could ill afford to part with. And there are enough idiots (approx 74 million) to help bail him out, financially.
You cant punish someone with 45% population behind him.

Who's right or wrong doesnt matter if you got half the country behind you.

What do you think will happen if they jail trump? Riots? Actual insurections by the republican who probably will veto the verdict and retaliate, not to mention separatist local attack on democrat, it's a recipe for disaster

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You cant punish someone with 45% population behind him.

Who's right or wrong doesnt matter if you got half the country behind you.

What do you think will happen if they jail trump? Riots? Actual insurections by the republican who probably will veto the verdict and retaliate, not to mention separatist local attack on democrat, it's a recipe for disaster
If he’s guilty of a crime, for example tax evasion, what message does it send if he’s let off?
i don’t think it would be normal jail, it’d probably be something cushy like house arrest for a former President

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So are we all Downloading truth social? I wonder if trump knows that Pravda means truth. Or what Pravda is.

Maticmaker

i don’t think it would be normal jail, it’d probably be something cushy like house arrest for a former President
Anyone who has been POTUS knows too much to go to jail, or be punished in any meaningful way... losing at the polls is their main punishment.

The USA, just like the Romans centuries ago did with former leaders in disgrace, they don't punish them after they have left office, rather they leave them to 'fade away' by spending time in their Villas/Vineyards or in the case of the US, Golf courses/Personal libraries/with their families etc.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Anyone who has been POTUS knows too much to go to jail, or be punished in any meaningful way... losing at the polls is their main punishment.

The USA, just like the Romans centuries ago did with former leaders in disgrace, they don't punish them after they have left office, rather they leave them to 'fade away' by spending time in their Villas/Vineyards or in the case of the US, Golf courses/Personal libraries/with their families etc.
I learnt from 24 that the President can be under house arrest right? And if you’re Jack you can still get to him. Am I right? @esmufc07

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Previously however, disgraced leaders had the common sense to shut the feck up and take their exile quietly. Trump is such a jackass that he'll keep pushing until they're forced to do something more severe.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
So are we all Downloading truth social? I wonder if trump knows that Pravda means truth. Or what Pravda is.
the best way to deal with that is to not download it and let it die. If many people download it, even out of curiosity, it may draw in more advertising.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Some emperors were murdered...

NoLogo

At some point even the stupidest magats would stop sending money to him, or at least one could hope.
The sunk cost fallacy will make sure they would even keep sending him money if he had to go to prison. They will rather escape into a fantasy where Trump has been the victim of a deep state conspiracy than admit they fell for a serial con man.

Boycott

Why would anyone pay to use a social media? I wouldn't pay to use instagram, facebook or twitter. And they're far more diverse in content than Trump propaganda.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why would anyone pay to use a social media? I wouldn't pay to use instagram, facebook or twitter. And they're far more diverse in content than Trump propaganda.
Oh, you're paying! Boy you're paying! We all are. :(

MarylandMUFan

I would pay if I could use a facebook like app that I could use to connect with family and friends and it would be add free and protect privacy. That would be well worth it to me. As it is, the only social media app I use now is twitter.

Maticmaker

Some emperors were murdered...
Yes, that was one way the Romans used of getting them 'out of office', so to speak.. however usually when they had otherwise been deposed/defeated, and if they did not die on the battlefield, then they were left alone... for fear of making martyrs out of them for their supporters to rally around.

"Old soldiers allowed to fade away"...!!

Boycott

I have a Facebook account which I don't post on my profile but have a few pages I like following that are sports/amateur outdoor activities. Nice communities. Besides that it is useful for local events and businesses. However if a subscription payment was charged it would be no loss. I use forums like this more often than social media. Around the end of the 2000s and start of 2010s a lot of people predicted forums would die out as a result of social media but I use forums now more than ever. Because they are catered to specific interests first and foremost, it is long form posting, there are rules in place and moderation.

Red For Ever

He has a library. What’s in there ?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There were some genuine heroes around during his four years as President, stopping him from doing some stupid stuff. He wanted to take the US out of South Korea and NATO.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

You just know after his wind and solar energy comments 'TV stops working if the wind stops blowing or the sun goes behind a cloud' that he 100% thinks that would work and that the only way to recognize enemy planes is by the flags painted on them :lol:

I'd love to sit and ask him loads of basic questions about how things work. I reckon it would make a cracking TV show. Get someone famous to do it and you would have a winner :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The American people have a responsibility not to vote this guy in in 2024.

It's more obvious how unhinged / dangerous he is than it ever has been and another term would be more dangerous / catastrophic than it was before, given the current state of the world.

No excuses.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The American people have a responsibility not to vote this guy in in 2024.

It's more obvious how unhinged / dangerous he is than it ever has been and another term would be more dangerous / catastrophic than it was before, given the current state of the world.

No excuses.
Getting more concerned about DeSantis tbh. He’s basically Trump 2.0 but far, far smarter & more savvy.

MarylandMUFan

Seeing so many "miss him yet?" or "I miss him" crap on FB due to the surging gas prices and inflation. They're all lost forever.
Hard to believe we can be so selfish. To bitch and moan about an extra $10 to fill up your gas when Ukraine is getting shelled. I am sure they would be happy to send young men to die for the cause, but no way am I going to spend what amounts to 2 cups of Starbucks coffee more a week on gas. Just idiots.