Gaming Doom Eternal (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Stadia)

izzydiggler

Got it in the post earlier today and had a quick go. More of the same so far really but it’s so good and a lot of fun.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Should I get this? I liked the first one quite a bit, though not enough to actually finish it. 1st person somehow doesn't click for me. Still, I need a game since I almost finished Nioh 2 and I'm bored as feck working from home.

Bosws87

Runs beautifully on pc, nearly maxed at 4k solid 60fps+ playing with a controller and dying a lot

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This looks like great fun from the reviews, but I get bored with FPS too quickly. It was a real chore to finish Bioshock Infinite in the end, the story was great, but the actual gameplay felt so repetitive after the first couple of hours. I didn't finish either of the most recent Wolfenstein games or Borderlands 1 and 2 either, despite really enjoying them to begin with.

I'll probably wait a few months for the price to drop. A bit steep right now for a game that I'll probably 50% before shelving it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just bought this for ps4. Game's fecking brilliant. Im screaming at my tv like a nutjob :lol:

siw2007

Ordered it on Sunday, was shipped on Monday but hasn't arrived yet. I guess with the circumstances, the post is a slower process which is understandable but sort of annoying as was hoping to get stuck into this. Not usually a huge FPS fan but the videos looked total badass.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ordered it on Sunday, was shipped on Monday but hasn't arrived yet. I guess with the circumstances, the post is a slower process which is understandable but sort of annoying as was hoping to get stuck into this. Not usually a huge FPS fan but the videos looked total badass.
Yeah same, FPS is probably my least favorite genre, but this is so arcadey and mental.

siw2007

Yeah same, FPS is probably my least favorite genre, but this is so arcadey and mental.
It's the sheer gore and brutality as well. I think you could get an enormous adrenaline rush in a sick kind of way.

Bojan11

Bethesda Softworks will release PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions of DOOM Eternal and The Elder Scrolls Online, the publisher announced.

Users who own the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version of either game will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X version free of charge when those versions are available. Both titles will also support backward compatibility when the new consoles launch.

More information, including expected release windows and a list of enhancements, will be announced for both titles in the coming weeks.
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/doo...er-scrolls-online-coming-to-ps5-xbox-series-x

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is probably my favorite fps of all time. Sidenote that I hate FPS games and this is basically the only one I enjoyed.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This is probably my favorite fps of all time. Sidenote that I hate FPS games and this is basically the only one I enjoyed.
Did you play the "first" one? Seen a bunch of people that don't like Eternal because they changed the mechanics a fair bit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Did you play the "first" one? Seen a bunch of people that don't like Eternal because they changed the mechanics a fair bit.
Yeah, I liked that one quite a bit too, but didnt finish it, whereas I manage to finish Eternal even on nightmare, which took me a lot of time and anger issues.

el3mel

It's really the best shooter I have ever played imo. Maybe one of the best pure actions games I have played too. On ultra violence, the adrenaline rush I got from combat is rivaled by none. I found myself having to rest a few minutes after each gaming sessions as if I'm the one who was battling.

It's still my game of the year currently.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's really the best shooter I have ever played imo. Maybe one of the best pure actions games I have played too. On ultra violence, the adrenaline rush I got from combat is rivaled by none. I found myself having to rest a few minutes after each gaming sessions as if I'm the one who was battling.

It's still my game of the year currently.
Yeah, especially those special rooms (I forget the name) really make you pause to catch your breath.

One of those games that make my wife wonder what the feck is wrong with me.

Chairman Steve

Bought this on Steam after reading nothing but good things about it. I grew up playing the first three Quake games on PC which are excellent games (played some Doom briefly too) and basically hate how the FPS genre has become so bland and generic thanks to COD and Battlefield releasing the same game with slightly better textures than the last one.

Played this and was blown away by how late 90s/early 00s it was in terms of FPS. Fast paced action, rewarded for exploration etc.

I like the Devil May Cry-like way of progressing through levels where you go into battle arenas (which could act as legit online deathmatch arenas) and have exploration section segues between them. And like DMC, it is like a combo paradise with the glory kill mechanic and all the assist weapons like flame belch and the blood punch and you could end up playing for a good whole 10 minutes on whaling on demons.

Doom Eternal is the best Quake game since Quake 3 back in 1999, and I’m perfectly happy with that. As legendary as Doom is, its limited compared to its spiritual successor Quake. Quake is to Doom, what Bloodborne is to Dark Souls.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
To revive an old thread: I played a bit of this now (two levels and a bit I think), and I'm enjoying it much more than Doom (2016) so far. Less jumpy/scary, much more interesting environments (cities and giant mechs and everything, instead of generic Mars bases and rocky Hell stages), and I'm enjoying the combat mechanics more as well. It's almost the difference between Doom 1 and Doom 2 again! (I liked Doom 2 much better as well)

I was a bit underwhelmed with Doom 2016, but this one is fun. Does it stay like this?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
To revive an old thread: I played a bit of this now (two levels and a bit I think), and I'm enjoying it much more than Doom (2016) so far. Less jumpy/scary, much more interesting environments (cities and giant mechs and everything, instead of generic Mars bases and rocky Hell stages), and I'm enjoying the combat mechanics more as well. It's almost the difference between Doom 1 and Doom 2 again! (I liked Doom 2 much better as well)

I was a bit underwhelmed with Doom 2016, but this one is fun. Does it stay like this?
This game is fecking awesome. It gets better the further you get if you ask me.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Been trying to get a hold of this for the Switch for ages! Loved the 2016 Doom

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Played this on the Gamepass the last few weeks. Absolutely mint game. Music, settings, combat and lore all contribute to it in a big way. Thoroughly recommend.