Douglas Costa

E-mal

The word inconsistent was coined just for him.

Devil81

He'd certainly solve our right-wing problems and he'd also be content with a rotation option.

I've personally never seen him have a bad game yet he's never made that right wing spot his at Juventus.

Jev

Wouldn't be totally opposed to it if he's available at a knock-down price (40 million at the most). Unplayable on his day and would add much needed depth in attack. If we can't get Sancho or another top name, he'd be a good enough addition as a semi-regular/rotational player/impact sub, save for injuries.

Bole Top

Any regular Serie A watchers? How have he been ?
not great, not terrible. 29, fairly inconsistent and injury prone. personally wouldn't touch him for 40 mill. scored the best Juventus goal this season, though (vs Lokomotiv).

Woodenlung

Nothing new to this story. The Athletic reported that we were interested in Costa weeks ago.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As a bench player? Yes

As a starting player? No.

Again it all depends on the fee and wages.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Please no. We have been linked with him for so long now and hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

Santos J

:lol: Christ please no.

Juve fans would carry him all the way here if it meant they could get rid.

SwedishFish

No. This would've been something years ago but not now, he's not even a starter for Juventus for gods sake.

No Love

“Costa's contract expires in 2022, so Juve hopes to make a profit with his sale.” Interesting part of the article. They won’t be letting him go cheaply, it seems.

Personally, I’d be very underwhelmed if he arrived here.

Chief123

Absolutely depressing to be linked to Costa instead of Sancho.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
:lol: Christ please no.

Juve fans would carry him all the way here if it meant they could get rid.
Still can't believe they took that fraud off our hands back then, for 46m even. If you end up with him instead of Sancho, you're going to be the laughing stock of this transfer window:lol:

King Andow

30 next month, injury prone, expensive, average and a scumbag on top of that. No way.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This to me would represent Ole not being properly backed.

For all I know Ole could love him but I doubt he's high on any list.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Depending on the price ( loan deal would be ideal ) I think he is a good solution for squad depth. Shouldn't be the A solution though . Douglas + 1 offensive player ( Striker or top tier RW ) would be a nice improvement.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
One of the better deals Bayern made was selling him to Juve. You don’t want him at United.

el3mel

He's decent but don't expect him to be anything more than a bench option if he signs for us.

Rolaholic

We'd be much better off signing another Brazilian of the same forename in Douglas Luiz than Douglas Costa...

4-5 years ago I'd have been all for it but he's approaching 30 next month and doesn't offer much more than what we'd get from Greenwood unless he'd want to be a bench option for us after starting for Juve

Rolaholic

Also find it quite telling that the reports out of Italy mention that it's Juventus who are looking to get rid of him due to his injury history and are offering him to us and gauging our interest rather than us coming to them on our own accord

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Also find it quite telling that the reports out of Italy mention that it's Juventus who are looking to get rid of him due to his injury history and are offering him to us and gauging our interest rather than us coming to them on our own accord
Costa and Coman have been the two consistent names from UK press too when discussing who our alternatives are. I wouldn't want either but I'm not seeing a lot of good options so wouldn't rule them out.

Rolaholic

Costa and Coman have been the two consistent names from UK press too when discussing who our alternatives are. I wouldn't want either but I'm not seeing a lot of good options so wouldn't rule them out.
I'd take Coman on loan with an option to buy given his age and ceiling but he's also got a poor injury history. I'd prefer the club stay far away from Costa though if we can unless he's ok with being more of a squad option.

Keeping Greenwood the starter would be more beneficial if he ends up being our only realistic option at the position.