Ducking and leaning rather than heading

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Footballs latest shithouse trend. Kane has obviously made it his signature move and attempted to brake a few necks in the process but it’s been refined and players are now choosing to plant their legs, dip their neck and say thanks very much to the referee for the free kick they know is coming. It’s doing my head in.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Footballs latest shithouse trend. Kane has obviously made it his signature move and attempted to brake a few necks in the process but it’s been refined and players are now choosing to plant their legs, dip their neck and say thanks very much to the referee for the free kick they know is coming. It’s doing my head in.
It's not a new tactic. What's new is that the refs don't understand that choosing not to jump and backing in is a foul against the guy backing in not for. Poorer than ever the standard of refereeing.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Not as innovative as you make it sound. The problem is when refs are incapable of realising that backing into an opponent and not invoking the jump button is actually what's a foul. It's a level of refereeing several degrees lower than past eras.

MiracleInMadrid

The rules make it too easy to exploit. The guy behind you just have to look like having his arm on your back, and it automatically gets you a free kick.
From the perspective of the guy trying to actually go for the ball, it must be a natural thing to put his arms in front of his body when the guy in front of him suddenly ducks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Barnes did one today where he leapt forward in the air a little and any slight touch from behind would look like that was what had made him fall to the ground.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It's not a new tactic. What's new is that the refs don't understand that choosing not to jump and backing in is a foul against the guy backing in not for. Poorer than ever the standard of refereeing.
Wouldn’t say that’s new either. It’s the most consistently wrong call I’ve seen throughout my life. It seems to completely baffle refs.

It’s the same with when you let the ball roll past you and the opposition runs through your leg and somehow the ref calls a foul on you. Consistently called the wrong way. I don’t know how refs aren’t briefed on this shit when they clearly don’t know what they’re doing.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wouldn’t say that’s new either. It’s the most consistently wrong call I’ve seen throughout my life. It seems to completely baffle refs.

It’s the same with when you let the ball roll past you and the opposition runs through your leg and somehow the ref calls a foul on you. Consistently called the wrong way. I don’t know how refs aren’t briefed on this shit when they clearly don’t know what they’re doing.
I used to feel like it was 50/50, now I feel like 80% of the time it's called wrong. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Oranges038

Just like the guys who flop in basketball, it's clever in a way but its up to the refs to sort it out and not give the fouls.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Just like the guys who flop in basketball, it's clever in a way but its up to the refs to sort it out and not give the fouls.
Exactly, this is a ref problem, players will keep doing the sh*thousery because it nets them good results. And that will not stop until refs start handing out yellows for it, it boggles the mind, they are not competing for the ball, how are they winning the penalty just by ducking?

Watch how fast it stops if the FA put out a warning about doing it and a few people get carded for it.