Gaming Ducktales for NES has one of the coolest game mechanics ever made!

matbezlima

Scrooge McDuck's cane is fantastically rich, versatile, creative and simple at the same time, full of possibilities. You can use it to throw blocks at enemies as if in golf. You can use to get through spike sections, you can use it to jump on enemies and kill them, making you jump higher to reach more items. You can also keep momentum and go through the levels jumping/bouncing from the ground and the enemies all the time with the cane! It's cool and really fun to master the cane, it's also perfectly tailored for speedrunning. And the levels are well designed to use the cane's full potential. You need to use it to its full potential to beat the game and mastering the cane is fun and so satisfying above everything else!

About the game as whole, the annoying respawn of enemies holds it back from being fantastic. Respawning of enemies by itself is not a problem, specially when sometimes it's the only way to get through many sections and reach certain items. But the enemies respawn too quickly and easily. You make the slightest move and they respawn! It's annoying and really harms at least a bit my enjoyment of the game. A pity because all the cane mechanics are truly brilliant, some of the best ever made in gaming history. It's still a very good game though. I heard that Shovel Knight adopted the same mechanics of Scrooge McDuck's cane.

SirAF

Ageist
It’s pretty neat. I liked the DOS DuckTales game better though!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It's a classic. The music alone is enough for it to be great, but the pogo mechanic is cool too.

Little Nemo: Dream Master is my favourite of those NES Capcom games, such a fun and nice game :drool:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You should try Hollow Knight. Takes a bit more skill to pogo there, but it certainly is fun. :)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This was one of the games of my childhood. I used to borrow this, snake rattle and roll, wizards and warriors and Goonies 2 off my uncle all the time.