Dybala vs Vietto vs Lacazette vs Berahino

Dybala vs Vietto vs Lacazette vs Berahino

• Total voters

Silverman

Okay it's looking likely we will need at least one new striker in the summer with Falcao likely to leave and RVP struggling.

I have heard these names banded around but honestly have barely seen anything of them apart from Berahino. (I also tried tirelessly to sign Lacazette a few years back in Fifa career mode but that's another story. He wouldn't join :( )

Would like to hear people opinions of them and who would be the best option.

Skills

Snitch
Doubt anyones ever watched all 4. Who'd watch WBA, Lyon, Palermo and Villarreal.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Pole.

Bwuk

Vietto. His buyout is meant to be around 20m euros, which is what 14m?

Berahino would cost twice that and isn't as good as him or the other options.

Dybala + Lacazatte are good players no doubt, but they'd cost double what Vietto would.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I think Lacazette is probably best of the bunch but, he would be the toughest sign. Lyon will be back in the CL and they are going to want to hold on to their best assets. I like the looks of Dybala as well. I have not seen much of Vietto though. And I do not think Berahino is of the required standard.

Devil may care

Lacazette has scored the most goals, he's fast, strong, links play well and can play from the left of a front 3. However with Rooney as the #9 and Memphis likely to come in as the left side of the front 3 I'd pass on Lacazette.

Dybala has the silkiest skills and looks the type of player that can create magic on the pitch. He's fast and has that low center of gravity. Would be comfortable on the right side of the front 3. Cons are he's yet to be as prolific as the others and his agent is the biggest scumbag of all agents.

Vietto has many of the same strengths as Lacazette but is more two footed. He's smaller than some might like however he has that sturdy core like Aguero and is blisteringly quick with clever link-up play.

Berahino has shown he can play well in the PL and is fast and strong with a good purple patch of scoring at the start of the season. Comfortably the most limited of the 4 though and really only suited to the central striker role we should use Rooney in.

I go back and forth on Dybala and Vietto in truth, the way he plays makes me want Dybala in a United shirt over the others, but if I was the club I think Vietto represents the best value and isn't hampered by the agent issue that is my biggest concern over Dybala.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Berahino is out of his league in that list.

Silverman

Lacazette has scored the most goals, he's fast, strong, links play well and can play from the left of a front 3. However with Rooney as the #9 and Memphis likely to come in as the left side of the front 3 I'd pass on Lacazette.

Dybala has the silkiest skills and looks the type of player that can create magic on the pitch. He's fast and has that low center of gravity. Would be comfortable on the right side of the front 3. Cons are he's yet to be as prolific as the others and his agent is the biggest scumbag of all agents.

Vietto has many of the sam,e strengths as Lacazette but is more two footed . He's smaller than some might like however he has that sturdy core like Aguero and is blistering quick with clever link-up play.

Berahino has shown he can play well in the PL and is fast and strong with a good purple patch of scoring at the start of the season. Comfortably the most limited of the 4 though and really only suited to the central striker role we should use Rooney in.

I go back and forth on Dybala and Vietto in truth, the way he plays makes me want Dybala in a United shirt over the others, but if I was the club I think Vietto represents the best value and isn't hampered by the agent issue that is my biggest concern over Dybala.
Now thats an answer.

gza the genius

Do we really think LVG will buy another striker this summer?

I hope he does as I think we need to get rid of RvP and Falcao but I can't see LVG selling RvP. If we're only losing Falcao then I think three strikers (Rooney RvP and Wilson) will be enough for next season as I'd like to see us move to only using one striker.

I haven't seen much of any of the names in this thread but someone versatile and able to play as a striker or a wide forward would be our best bet as you'd imagine Rooney will start when fit.

Mainoldo

Do we really think LVG will buy another striker this summer?

I hope he does as I think we need to get rid of RvP and Falcao but I can't see LVG selling RvP. If we're only losing Falcao then I think three strikers (Rooney RvP and Wilson) will be enough for next season as I'd like to see us move to only using one striker.

I haven't seen much of any of the names in this thread but someone versatile and able to play as a striker or a wide forward would be our best bet as you'd imagine Rooney will start when fit.
He brought Falcao and he's leaving so yeah i think he will. Just don't have a clue what type of striker he likes.

gza the genius

He brought Falcao and he's leaving so yeah i think he will. Just don't have a clue what type of striker he likes.
Falcao could have been a special case though, you can't really pass up on someone like Falcao especially on loan. Obviously it hasn't worked out but we had no way of knowing he'd be this bad when we signed him on loan.

Like you said though, I really don't know what type of striker LVG wants or what sort of system he wants to play in the long term. If he wants to stick with two strikers then we definitely need to add another in the summer, it he's only been playing two this season to try to keep RvP Rooney and Falcao happy then maybe he won't be after one again.

NoLogo

Why no Kane in that list? If we are talking about bringing in a young striker he should at least be in consideration. Albeit I think he needs to let at least follow up this season with another good one before we can judge how good he really is, same goes for some of the other players on that list though.

Silverman

Why no Kane in that list? If we are talking about bringing in a young striker he should at least be in consideration. Albeit I think he needs to let at least follow up this season with another good one before we can judge how good he really is, same goes for some of the other players on that list though.
No chance of us getting Kane. He's Tottenham through and through and is already plying his trade in a top league.

Truedevil

Dybala is going to be something special so i voted him. I don't think i've ever seen Lacazette and Vietto play but i heard good things about them. Berahino is just an average english striker in my eyes.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
No chance of us getting Kane. He's Tottenham through and through and is already plying his trade in a top league.
Rooney was Everton through and through. A bigger club than Spurs offers Kane and Levy enough money and he'd go imo.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Tottenham are going more places than that Everton team was. They could finish above us yet.
Top four is the most Spurs can hope for every season realistically. United have enough prestige and money that we should be challenging for the league again sooner rather than later.

Silverman

Top four is the most Spurs can hope for every season realistically. United have enough prestige and money that we should be challenging for the league again sooner rather than later.
I agree with that but im sure Kane feels like he can help Tottenham go onto bigger and better things as they are quite close to the top 4.

Loublaze

ATLien
They all have a lot of potential. I'd be happy if we signed any of them. I picked Berahinho though because i've watched him play and he's PL proven.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Vietto for me, really looks great everytime I watch him. Lacazette is very good too. Haven't seen really much from Dybala and I think Berahino is not on the same level. If you want to put an english striker in it, Kane would be the better choice.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've only seen highlights (mostly goal replays) of Dybala and Lacazette, so I can't really comment. I've seen Vietto a good few times this season, and he looks very promising.

Dybala's highlight reel makes him looks quite spectacular, but I couldn't possibly comment on his consistency or all-round game.

Still, there's a real lack of top class number 9s overall.

Nickosaur

Lacazette is the best striker there currently. Vietto and Dybala have the highest potential though.

edit/ what kind of a two-bit poll is this? I can't select two of them? ffs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lacazette is probably the best out of them as most have said. Dybala looks very promising from youtube videos and from what I've read. No idea about Vietto though I've heard good things.
Berahino is a midtable/europa league positions in the future type player at best, or a squad player. Nowhere near the potential or overall ability of the other 3.

I'll include Kane in here too... Would much rather the first 3 then Kane. Think he's more of a one season wonder, but even if he keeps scoring for Spurs, I don't think he'll get anything close to his current level anywhere else and he's a lot more limited then Dybala/Lacazette/Vietto.

MDFC Manager

I'd rather not sign a striker at all. Rooney and Wilson are more than sufficient for the one #9 spot. And that's if we manage to rid of RvP, Hernandez, Henriquez. Otherwise it will be the continuation of the 'Rooney conundrum'.

A winger or two, however, are more than welcome.

Devil may care

I'd rather not sign a striker at all. Rooney and Wilson are more than sufficient for the one #9 spot. And that's if we manage to rid of RvP, Hernandez, Henriquez. Otherwise it will be the continuation of the 'Rooney conundrum'.

A winger or two, however, are more than welcome.
That would require Rooney to stay fit all of the season as Wilson is yet to prove anything at the top level, if Rooney got an injury and was out for 2 or 3 months we'd be in trouble.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I have been slacking with my transfer muppetry since we have been shite and my interest has dwelled because of the faux promises of what I thought we could achieve.

Now, since it appears we will stick with Van Gaal next season, I believe their will be vast improvement because the manager will be able to find the weakness in the squad...so with that in mind, I can active what some say muppet mode and start youtubing these player as a professional scout expert. Having done that already, Vietto looks legit..as an unknown.

ghagua

Don't want to be too greedy, but we need someone who can find the net on a regular basis, so chose Lacazette, but i also want Berahino. He reminds me of Dwight Yorke and is too good to let Arsenal or Liverpool sign him.

justboy68

I have to admit I know absolutely nothing about any of these players bar Berahino. They all have cool names but Lacazette just edges it for me.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If I were Spurs I'd sell Kane this week. I just can't believe a player with such unidentifiable skills is going to continue at this rate. He was totally anonymous at U21 level, and before the last 6 months barely registered anywhere.

He's not that fast, his touch isn't that great, he's not amazing in the air - but of course he's scoring goals this year. Inzaghi mach 2? Maybe, but I'm not sure he's got the acceleration.

Maybe I'll be wrong and Kane will continue at this level, but to me this reeks of a long 'purple patch' where everything just falls well for a player. There are very, very few players to have scored more than 20 league goals in the premier league and when you look at that list, the number to do so over a few seasons is incredibly tiny. Basically it's just Shearer, Henry and Van Nistelerooy. I look at those 3 and then look at Kane...just don't see it.

If Spurs could get £30m+ for him this summer they really, really should because I can only see his stock going down.