Gaming E3 2019, June 9th- June 11th

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Tuesday 11th June to Thursday 13th June.

Used to be the one show I looked forward to but it's downsized in recent years.

Anyway. Let's discuss what is expected this year.

Featured exhibitors.
  • 505 Games
  • 5-Hour Energy
  • Activision
  • AimControllers
  • AKRacing
  • Alienware
  • Arcade 1 Up
  • ArenaNet
  • Astro Gaming
  • Bandai Namco Entertainment America
  • Bethesda
  • Big Ben
  • Black Shark Technology
  • Capcom USA
  • CI Games
  • Click Entertainment
  • Core Gaming by Mobile Edge
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt Red)
  • Daedalic Entertainment
  • Deep Silver
  • Digifast
  • Double Fine Productions
  • Epic Games
  • Ewin Racing
  • Exor Studios
  • Freind Times
  • Frontier Developments
  • Funcom
  • G Fuel
  • Game Informer
  • Gamekit
  • Gameloft
  • GameSpot
  • Giant Games
  • Good Shepherd Entertainment
  • GT Throne
  • Guangdong Entertainment & Game Industry Association
  • Guillemot Corporation
  • Haymaker
  • Hori
  • Hyperkin
  • Improbable
  • Intellivision Entertainment
  • Kalypso Media Group
  • Karnox
  • Konami
  • KontrolFreek
  • LF Gaming
  • Logitech
  • Mayflash Limited
  • Mecca Electronics/Alliance Entertainment
  • Meta Threads
  • Microsoft
  • Modus Games
  • MomoCon Gaming Convention
  • MyArcade/bionic
  • Natsume Inc.
  • nDreams
  • Next Level Racing
  • Nintendo of America
  • NVIDIA
  • Paradox Interactive
  • Pathea Games
  • Performance Designed Products
  • PowerA
  • Private Division
  • ProxiMat.net
  • Psyonix
  • Rainbow Horse
  • RDS Industries
  • Rebellion
  • Satisfye Gaming
  • SCRY Info Private
  • Seasun
  • Sega
  • Sensorium Corporation
  • Shenzhen Guli Tech
  • Shenzhen Sales Digital Technology
  • Square Enix
  • Techland
  • Technisport
  • Tegway
  • Tencent America
  • Tessen Enterprise
  • THQ Nordic
  • Todak
  • Turtle Beach
  • Twitch
  • U&I Entertainment
  • Ubisoft Entertainment
  • UCC Distributing
  • UnnamedVR by Paracosma
  • Virtuos Holdings
  • Volante Design
  • VoltEdge
  • VPX Sports
  • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • X Rocker Gaming Chairs and Accessories
  • XSEED Games
  • Xsolla
  • YouTube Gaming

Last edited:

Adamsk7

Used to be the one show I looked forward to but it's downsized in recent years.

Anyway. Let's discuss what is expected this year.
Haven’t Sony dropped out too this year? If they and Nintendo are not there, there doesn’t seem much to look forward to other than Microsoft. I’ve not been impressed with Bethesda the last couple of years.

Of the Stuff that could be announced, FFVII remake and Avengers at Square Enix and Beyond Good and Evil 2 at Ubisoft are probably my most anticipated. MS will have Gears 5 and Halo on show but my interest has waned somewhat as the years have gone on.

Ian Reus

Haven’t Sony dropped out too this year? If they and Nintendo are not there, there doesn’t seem much to look forward to other than Microsoft. I’ve not been impressed with Bethesda the last couple of years.

Of the Stuff that could be announced, FFVII remake and Avengers at Square Enix and Beyond Good and Evil 2 at Ubisoft are probably my most anticipated. MS will have Gears 5 and Halo on show but my interest has waned somewhat as the years have gone on.
It's possible both Sony and Nintendo will be presenting via a direct feed.

Ian Reus

Hopefully hear some more about the next numbered Elder Scrolls. Although that'll no doubt be next gen. As will GTA 6 but I don't think we'll be seeing that for a while yet.

Bojan11

Nintendo will be at E3.

Lots of hype over Xbox, so have to wait and see on that.

Rooney1987

Square Enix has Sonys old slot according to IGN so they must be showing some big stuff, I assume the new Avengers game and Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Castia

The Microsoft event is the most interesting, I wanna see what they have planned for next gen.

I have a feeling they will smash it, they’ve been on a roll under Phil Spencer.

Schedule

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Anything anybody looking forward to this year? No Sony this year which is a shame, but then generally I think E3 has been a bit crap for a while now anyway.

That said, expecting to see more about the FF7 remake so hopefully SE won't disappoint (they will).

Full Schedule

Bojan11

Anything anybody looking forward to this year? No Sony this year which is a shame, but then generally I think E3 has been a bit crap for a while now anyway.

That said, expecting to see more about the FF7 remake so hopefully SE won't disappoint (they will).

Full Schedule

Reus already best you to it.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/e3-2019.447405/

Besides MS conference, I’m going in with low expectations.

Havak

Pokemon master
Sony has really frustrated me at e3 in recent times mostly through repetition, which is why I think they took a backseat this time. I have a few Sony 'fanboy' friends (I hate the term, but can't think of anything else to call them) who are just like 'Sony won e3' etc every time. For me, Sony have literally spent the last two, three, even four years showing us the same games that still aren't even out yet for the most part! Spider-Man finally came, Death Stranding will hit this year finally, and we'll probably have a date for The Last of Us 2 at long last (when they first showed us a trailer in 2016). The list could probably go on if I wanted to go digging, but you can't show trailers for the same games every year and still be no closer to giving us a confirmed date as when we could play it. Kind of grinds my gears, but I think they are getting it right with the current strategy and PS5 plan.

Microsoft had a better show last year, with all the studios they are buying I'm hopeful they can show some of the things they're working on eventually (which will likely be next XBox games), but again if some of these games only started development last year then there's probably little point showing us them next month. I'm not sure what else they can do with the XBox One next year, all this games as a service stuff is very consumer friendly though and the other companies are going to have to do a hell of a lot to match the value Microsoft is giving you yearly now and in the future as their library of studios and exclusives will likely grow.

I am more Nintendo than any other company, but last years show didn't do it for me as I'm not that into Smash Bros. I feel like e3 shouldn't focus on one game for a company, but when it sells over 12million units in under two months you can see why they wanted to give the game plenty of minutes for a huge audience. They have a much stronger first party release schedule for the rest of 2019 so I'm expecting their show to be greater than the others this time, but we'll see. Nintendo likes to do their own thing maybe a little too much at times, so it's possible that they don't pack that much into their e3 show and do more single-game Direct presentations later in the year. They've already opted to do a Pokémon specific one next week instead waiting until e3.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm looking forward to more details on AMD's Ryzen 3000 CPUs, at Computex they teasered more info regarding reachable clocks etc. for the E3.

Kaos

Really keen to hear about Cyberpunk 2077. The demo they showed last year was ace. If they surprise us with a release date this year :drool:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Really keen to hear about Cyberpunk 2077. The demo they showed last year was ace. If they surprise us with a release date this year :drool:
No chance. Witcher 3 was 2015 right? I'd say it'll be 2020/21 before we get this given how enormous it supposedly is.

Nickosaur

Can we please get a Jurassic Park open world action/survival game?

I'm starting to think i'm going to have to become a game designer and make it myself at this rate.

Moonred

Watched a random video about From Software doing a GOT game. Might be total tosh but I refuse to research in case it's real. Hype.

Kaos

No chance. Witcher 3 was 2015 right? I'd say it'll be 2020/21 before we get this given how enormous it supposedly is.
When they showed off their demo last year they claimed the game was in a fully playable state from beginning to end. So I wouldn’t say it’s unfeasible for it to be ready this year.

They’ve also been hiring for community/PR/marketing roles lately which could suggest they’re prepping for release.

Not coming out this year
Is this official or just your opinion?

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
When they showed off their demo last year they claimed the game was in a fully playable state from beginning to end. So I wouldn’t say it’s unfeasible for it to be ready this year.

They’ve also been hiring for community/PR/marketing roles lately which could suggest they’re prepping for release.

Is this official or just your opinion?
Yeah but this is CDPR. They said they won't rush it and want it perfect before releasing. Just because it was playable beginning to end doesn't mean it was even 60-70% done in their eyes.

Art Vandelay

Intrigued to see what the Avengers Game being made by Square Enix is about
They said it's going to be a world that you can play in for years. Which to me sounds like it's going to be some sort of online mulitplayer nonsense. I live in hope though, at least EA didn't get the licence.
Watched a random video about From Software doing a GOT game. Might be total tosh but I refuse to research in case it's real. Hype.
They've been working on a game with George RR Martin who wrote GoT, rumours are that it's going to be an open world game based on Norse mythology and shown at MS conference.

Revan

Assumptionman
I toyed wihh the idea of actually going there, but hearing that Sony and EA aren't taking part on it put me off.

Interested mostly in Cyberpunk and TLOU2.

Drainy

Can't wait for Bethesda's burning hot dumpster fire.

Fallout 76 DLC :drool:

Starfield in 2 years, Elder Scrolls 6 in 7 years, I reckon. New Doom will obviously be pushed massively.