Television Echo - Marvel TV series (Disney Plus)

buchansleftleg

Binge watched this over a couple of nights. I liked the character in the "meh" Hawkeye series but didn't know much about it or the whole Kingpin Story in much detail.

It's surprisingly violent, focusing a lot on "rage", with them going for a solid 16 plus rating on Disney Plus, mainly because of the fight scenes.

I really enjoyed the change of pace and the fact this series focused more on the characters cultural heritage rather than her "disability". It seems to have gone under the radar a bit but I enjoyed it. It felt like some new storytelling and I'm glad they apparently reduced the involvement of "daredevil" in the series...shoehorning in a "guest star" hasn't worked in a lot of the other Marvel Series.

I'm sure some won't like the focus on women and Native American culture so I'll expect there to be the usual complaints from the incel fandom communities but I'd say give it a chance. Unlike other Marvel series that have felt overstretched or too dense the 5 episodes of this series hang together well and draw you in to watch more.

Sylar

I liked it and like you, binged it over a few nights. Helps that it was released in one go (first for Disney) and was about five episodes.

Having KingPin as the main villain was good.
I do think the best parts of the new phases of Disney have involved the younger actors like miss marvel, this one, Kate.
This one was also grounded and I enjoyed it went straight into it on ep1. The heritage bit you mentioned @buchansleftleg was good and enjoyable.

I think Disney don't know how to do endings without going all cgi fight,but had no problems with ths one.

Oldyella

Yeah, binged over a couple of nights. I thought it started strong and then didn't really know where to go then, but was enjoyable enough. Actor playing Maya was good, and Kingpin is top tier MCU. Seem to hint towards devil's reign too, unless that was just a teaser and goes nowhere.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Watched it. Thought it was pretty good. Will probably never watch again.

They need to do more series like this. Its a part of the universe but it's own thing (think that's the whole thing with marvel spotlight) and if they do pop up in a film, it's a nice little things for the fans that watched and something for new fans to go back and watch.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Watched the whole thing on the weekend, been whistling that final song all day long. No idea what's being said but really liked the song.

RedDevil@84

Can understand they didn't wanna drag it any longer, because there was no real story happening, but the end was a bit meh and rushed and too convenient. I am sad for a ridiculously strong man like Fisk.