Ed Woodward 2019 - Until all Arctic ice melts edition

Revaulx

SAF's genius made Gill look good, after selling Ronaldo look what was bought, Obertan, Valenica, Owen, Diouf iirc. Gill would be under the same pressure and scrutiny as Woody.
Oh I quite agree. And it was under Gill’s reign that the academy went into decline; its apparent revitalisation is the one positive thing that has emerged under Woodward.

fergiesarmy1

Oh I quite agree. And it was under Gill’s reign that the academy went into decline; its apparent revitalisation is the one positive thing that has emerged under Woodward.
I’d prefer him negotiating deals over Woodward, doubt we would have all these ridiculous contracts and problems they are now causing. Even going back to Rooney I don’t think Gill would have sanctioned a 6 year contract.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I see it's been briefed that the club will generously give Ole the Lukaku money to spend.

marktan

Forget everything else, from Ole to our players - this man right here and the glazers is why we're nothing more than a 6th placed club now.

£70m net spend this summer, £70m last summer, when our team is crying out for attacking reinforcements.

Gives Jose a £20m contract, doesn't back him in the summer, sacks him 4 months later.

Hires Ole as a temporary stand in, says will look for DOF, ends up hiring the no experience Ole and no DOF.

It's just a joke, really. Any normal company in the world where results mattered would've sacked him long ago - but the Glazers only care about one thing - Money.

SER19

We let him off your hook at the end of last season. Cowardly owners, cowardly players, cowardly fan base

SER19

This is the only thread that should be active right now. But it's not sexy enough.

Until he goes, nothing changes.

Sterling Archer

This is the only thread that should be active right now. But it's not sexy enough.

Until he goes, nothing changes.

Absolutely. It's the same pattern with manager contracts then shite incomplete transfers and face saving press releases.

Thisistheone

Paging @Keefy18 .
Our CEO needs damage control team. Get on to work, my man (or woman).
We sold a £75m striker and didn’t replace him.

Lost two experienced 1st team midfielders and didn’t replace them.

We have 7 (seven) centre backs.

Recruitment issues? No, Keefy says it’s all good

el3mel

He fecked up the squad pretty hard and that's the result. Sold Herrrea, Fellaini and Lukaku without replacing them at all and no we have zero options to bring when we are in a tough situations.

How can any club sell such important players without bringing replacement I can't get this. We're a terribly managed club from up to bottom.

The problem will get even more and more obvious once the schedule becomes more condensed and injuries will start to happen. That's when the entire season will be fecked.

Last edited:

Seij

We sold a £75m striker and didn’t replace him.

Lost two experienced 1st team midfielders and didn’t replace them.

We have 7 (seven) centre backs.

Recruitment issues? No, Keefy says it’s all good
"You don't understand what's really going on behind the scenes".

Lee565

This guy has done so much damage to the team of the past two summer transfer window by twice poorly backing the manager for adequate replacements.

ROFLUTION

I'm completely amazed that he can first ship off Sanchez now - When we can't recruit new ones.

It's even in a situation where our squad is extremely narrow and we have nothing on the bench. Or no cover for that period where Martial goes injured in 10-15 games a season. Ed completely knows this.

Is our CEO 12 years old or how can we be this backwards-acting? He seems slow in his decisions, always leaving it late, rarely on the front-foot. Not a lot of workrate?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Backing Mourinho seriously when we placed 2nd was our chance and we let it go. Woodward is to blame for this.

Yakuza_devils

Luckily I have lowered down my expectation for this season even before the season started. Now I don't feel so hurt because these results are expected.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry can predict this disaster except Ed.

Rookie manager, no reinforcement in midfield and attack when we really need one, no structure in the club, no style of play, no DOF and incapable CEO.

passing-wind

This is the real culprit here him and the useless glazers. They dangled the DOF carrot in front of the fans faces for months and we ate it up with little to no reminents. We became more fixated with departures and transfers rumours than what was happening with the changes in hierarchy. Now we are left in a situation of disaster, I cannot see how Ole brings us back, last season he struggled to galvanise the team during bad results, it doesn't matter if we have a world class squad when players head drops and they are mentally weak it takes a great effort to pick them up. This is the reason why there are tier 1,2,3,4 managers in football, it happens in any context of human interaction the same for boxing with coaches and other sports.

El Jefe

Today's result was on this cnut and no one else (except De Gea maybe). You look at our starting lineup and bench options and we are just about a Europa League team.

I hate this man and don't understand how we haven't boo'd the feck out of him during home games.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We have spent over £800m since Ferguson retired and then you look at the state of that team. People are moaning about our first 11, but there is pretty much no one on the bench who can make a significant difference in midfield and attack.

Every coach in the world would struggle imo.

fergiesarmy1

Today's result was on this cnut and no one else (except De Gea maybe). You look at our starting lineup and bench options and we are just about a Europa League team.

I hate this man and don't understand how we haven't boo'd the feck out of him during home games.
Agree with you sentiments but the players were shocking today so it’s not all on him. If you got paid top dollar for your work this output is not right.

Graham R

This man should be called Teflon, cannot believe how little stick he gets from the fan base. A £70million pound net spend in the transfer market for the richest club in the world! No chance of improvement until he and the Glazers are gone. Hope the fans will start to direct their anger at the real culprits who are responsible for the demise of this once great club.

Reactions: Grinner

caid

Frankly i think the Glazers are about as good an owner as were going to get without a drastic change in our value. Ed Woodward sure as shit isn't the best football ceo we can get though.

Yakuza_devils

As I said earlier, for the last two seasons the season is over before it even begin because of this cnut mismanagement.

It becomes a habit that he throws away a whole full season before it even begin.