Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

rooney2009

What’s going on Today
Hope the Glaziers can sell up as well
It may be a great for Footie

Ranchero

this worries me. Maybe its just a ploy. Once things calm down then the club would release a statement that they have changed their mind
Ahhhhhhh the old ' when the going gets tough say we are after a director of football' ploy. It all screams of smokescreen

mu4c_20le

This better true!! I wouldn’t be able to handle the disappointment if this isn’t true.
It has to be true now that its confirmed he was going to leave at the end of the season anyways. His position has become untenable, this is the best face saving move from the Glazers.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everything continues as normal. Would put my hat on an internal appointment.

OverratedOpinion

Nothing big is happening. The Glazers are here to stay.
You are a purely financially motivated businessman, your asset has reached peak value or pretty close. You try a drastic measure to increase that significantly and it gets widely condemned to the point that the country it operates in turns against you and "AdisaOut" begins trending on social media. Do you really not even consider that it might be a good time to sell at billions profit when it is unlikely to gain much more value?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Need to know more. Did he resign because he doesn't agree with the ESL or because he is the fall guy for our owners to save face?

el3mel

Hmm shit. I hope they don't change their mind now till the end of the year. That's a lot of time.

MattofManchester

Everyone giving the Glazers shit, but if they were really leeching cash from the club, you'd think that at least one of them would have sorted their fecking hair out.
All they care about is money and power and being ugly. Brought to courtesy of a rap lyric by Joyner Lucas.

Avero

Crazy few days, who will replace him? Is anyone currently at the club an option for CEO?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Glazers may well sell up and Woodward going paves the way!

United Hobbit

Could Ed have pushed for the Super League (seeing it as a way of making £££'s) now it's all blown up in everyone's face, he sees the potential hit to sponsorship due to reputation loss, so has no option but to walk?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
this worries me. Maybe its just a ploy. Once things calm down then the club would release a statement that they have changed their mind
Woodward was apparently going to announce his resignation in the summer anyways. The SL just sped the whole process up.

tomaldinho1

Need to know more. Did he resign because he doesn't agree with the ESL or because he is the fall guy for our owners to save face?
Imagine if he was the good guy all along, shielding us from the Glazers trying to asset strip us.

Sometimes the world needs a monster

Bulldog United

Reportedly Woody was leaving anyway, so they've brought forward this resignation to give us all something to celebrate while our owners fade back into the background.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Genuinely the best football news I’ve heard in years!
Has he resigned because he was in favour of the super league which now seems unlikely to happen or resigned in protest against the super league?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Everyone giving the Glazers shit, but if they were really leeching cash from the club, you'd think that at least one of them would have sorted their fecking hair out.
When you that much money you give zero fecks about what anyone thinks of you

TrustInOle

Oh my fecking god!

I lied before, this is the biggest win of the season! :lol:

I just hope he isn't being used as a scapegoat and this is a sign of the ends for the glazer ownership!

Congratu-fecking-lations to every United fan around the world.

SER19

Re reading this thread over and over with a huge smile on my face.

Disneyland. You sad company man