Ed Woodward - your views on him now part 2?

How do you believe Woodward is performing as CEO of Manchester United?

• Total voters

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
The 165 mill is money the club made, what happened to the other 700 mill the club made? oh yeh it went to repay the debt we had and that our owners needed, so they could own us. The facts are that United cannot compete anymore in the transfer market because most of the cash is being syphoned out of the club, by the owners. That and that alone is the only reason United cannot compete anymore. We have more cash than ever coming in. The only problem is that we have also got more than ever going out. The Glazers are the worst thing that ever happened to United. Things are going to get a lot worse. and I feel Van Gaal is losing his patience too he may even quit.

bugmat

He should be head of the commercial side of the business only. But he's fecking shocking at dishing players. Completely inept.

Shaw and Herrera when we've lost our best defenders and have the worst squad in recent memory? Jesus.
Can't buy or sell players - let's keep him to sweeten all the CoffeeMate and Sugar Crisps deals we need to make, but get someone who knows a football is round on transfers.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So we're all agreed Woodward is villain no. 1 this season? Or should it be the Glazer's? I need to know before I get this tattoo.

Empire

It does not, Woodward himself has said. That the club does not need to win trophies to be a success. get up to date please.
If we do not make top four for two consecutive seasons the Adidas deal reduces by 30%.

Get up to date please.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We know very little, but what we do know is that this summer and last summer utd have felt like a different club to what we are used to

Last summer with the fabregas stuff when clearly we were leaking to the press to his interviews saying we have truck loads of cash and watch this space.

Paying an extra 5 million in Fellaini when they could have gotten him before the clause expired.

Maybe it's not his fault but it's certainly starting to look like he is doing a horrible job.

I'm not one demanding transfers. But when the chief exec is telling me things will happen I do expect it.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
You think Woodward has a plan?
No, Woodward is part of the Glazer plan, he is their pet. Anyone who thinks he is busy looking to sign top class players for United needs a Head transplant. He is looking for ways to bring money into the club. Money that can be taken right back out of the club. And into the pocketsof the Glazers.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, Woodward is part of the Glazer plan, he is their pet. Anyone who thinks he is busy looking to sign top class players for United needs a Head transplant. He is looking for ways to bring money into the club. Money that can be taken right back out of the club. And into the pocketsof the Glazers.
Everyone knows the club needs investment. It's in the Glazers interest to spend big. You have to speculate to accumulate...

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
We know very little, but what we do know is that this summer and last summer utd have felt like a different club to what we are used to

Last summer with the fabregas stuff when clearly we were leaking to the press to his interviews saying we have truck loads of cash and watch this space.

Paying an extra 5 million in Fellaini when they could have gotten him before the clause expired.

Maybe it's not his fault but it's certainly starting to look like he is doing a horrible j

If we do not make top four for two consecutive seasons the Adidas deal reduces by 30%.

Get up to date please.
I had a search for what you said but I have not yet found it to be true, that does not mean it is not true but I have not found any confirmation that it is.

Berbaclass

It is also illegal. (I'm guessing).
I think it would be yes.

Their plan is obviously different than yours.
It's not really a matter of what I think. Not investing in the team this season would hurt their business interests. The fact that we need to spend is very widely known by virtually everyone so you can't just say it's my opinion.

They've shown over recent years they are very astute businessmen and know what they are doing. Your'e just being cynical.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
You do not seem to understand. They have already reached their promised land. The 750 million Addidas deal was the seal on it. Now where do you think those 750 Million are going?...Into the club? yeh right. they are going to the USA and into various Glazer accounts. This club is fcuked as long as we are owned by these people. They do not need champions league. They would have welcomed it for sure but they will be rich without it too.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The man is sound asleep in bed while we fret over his incompetence on an internet forum. The world is a strange place.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
I searched it again and it is a 75 million per year deal over 10 years comingto a total of 750 million. There are no talks of positions in the league or anything like that
From pg S-8 of the most recent stock offering prospectus, which you can access here:

http://services.corporate-ir.net/SE...zdGVyVW5pdGVkUExDXzQyNEI3XzIwMTQwNzMwLnBkZg==

Global Technical Sponsorship and Dual Branded Licensing Rights Agreement

We have reached a 10-year agreement with adidas with respect to our global technical sponsorship and dual-branded licensing rights, beginning with the 2015/16 season. The minimum guarantee payable by adidas is equal to £750 million over the 10-year term of the agreement or an average of £75 million per year, though actual cash payments per year will vary, subject to certain adjustments including those described below.

Payments due in a particular year may increase if our first team wins the Premier League, FA Cup or Champions League, or decrease if our first team fails to participate in the Champions League for two or more consecutive seasons starting with the 2015/16 season, with the maximum possible increase being £4 million per year and the maximum possible reduction being 30% of the applicable payment for that year. If the first team fails to participate in the Champions League for two or more consecutive seasons, then the reduction is applied as from the year in which the second consecutive season of non-participation falls. In the event of a reduction in any year due to the failure to participate in the Champions League for two or more consecutive seasons, the payments revert back to the original terms upon the first-team participating again in the Champions League. Any increase or decrease in a particular year would have the effect of increasing or decreasing the minimum guarantee amount of £750 million payable over the 10-year term of the agreement.

Empire

You do not seem to understand. They have already reached their promised land. The 750 million Addidas deal was the seal on it. Now where do you think those 750 Million are going?...Into the club? yeh right. they are going to the USA and into various Glazer accounts. This club is fcuked as long as we are owned by these people. They do not need champions league. They would have welcomed it for sure but they will be rich without it too.
Firstly read that article, that won't be £750m if they don't make champions league football. You seem to imply these same greedy businessman are so nice they are willing to give Adidas 30% of that back!

Secondly, it's illegal for them to take it out of the club into their bank accounts without declaring it, I mean we are a publicly traded company for goodness sake.

If you accept they are greedy businessman and so they want to make more money, then you must accept they want champions league football. You seem to state they do not want champions league football and so imply they are not greedy businessman.

Look, I respect your opinion but I think you are wrong, I think the Glazers are greedy and they want to increase their wealth. You seem to be implying they are happy to give money away, they are not so charitable my friend!

Berbaclass

Firstly read that article, that won't be £750m if they don't make champions league football. You seem to imply these same greedy businessman are so nice they are willing to give Adidas 30% of that back!

Secondly, it's illegal for them to take it out of the club into their bank accounts without declaring it, I mean we are a publicly traded company for goodness sake.

If you accept they are greedy businessman and so they want to make more money, then you must accept they want champions league football. You seem to state they do not want champions league football and so imply they are not greedy businessman.

Look, I respect your opinion but I think you are wrong, I think the Glazers are greedy and they want to increase their wealth. You seem to be implying they are happy to give money away, they are not so charitable my friend!
Exactly, they are businessmen and run a pretty tight ship. To suggest they would gladly give money away is ludicrous. These guys want the club to be worth as much as possible which is in everyones best interest at the club, not just the Glazers.

Empire

The man is sound asleep in bed while we fret over his incompetence on an internet forum. The world is a strange place.
:lol:

This is why in eastern philosophy they tend to just say don't think about things then you won't suffer.

RedStarUnited

He is the worst of worst, but for some strange reason he is untouchable.
Because, I would imagine the Glaziers are happy with his returns from a non footballing perspective.

Everytime I want to throw some blame at Woodward, I stop and think - Hold on, how can a guy who keeps negotiating the absolute best deals for us from asponsorship viewpoint struggle with the seemingly simpler task of signing players?

The Addias deal if it goes according to plan is worth around 3/4 of a billion pounds or over a billion in $. You are telling me a guy that can sit in a room and walk out with such an amazing deal will struggle to close a 40 to 60m pound deal? Or even worse the 20m euros or whatever it took for Vermalean to go to Barca. Im sorry but I can not believe that.

I dont think we are in for half the players we get linked to. And of those that we are genuinly interested in, Something or someone else other than Woodward must be to blame for not getting it done.

In Rainbows

Bane was a killer, a great leader, a feared man and he bet the shit out of Batman...

How the hell can you compare Moyes and Woodward to him?
Moyes was the leader of some men. Mainly Phil Neville, Fellaini, Round, and Lumsden.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Moyes was the leader of some men. Mainly Phil Neville, Fellaini, Round, and Lumsden.
Moyes?! Leader of men?!

That clown was like Commissioner Gordon....Constantly hoping Batman bailed him out when the tool couldn't solve a case. Which was 99% of the time........How the hell did he stay on as commissioner actually?!?!

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Sure it's his job to make sure we have adequate cover when we do get injuries?
Yep, but I doubt anyone predicted we would have 5 first teamers (plus some of their back ups) injured for the first game. Maybe halfway through the season, and by then the window would have shut and we would have signed a few more players by then anyway. Also the squad would have settled.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Yep, but I doubt anyone predicted we would have 5 first teamers (plus some of their back ups) injured for the first game. Maybe halfway through the season, and by then the window would have shut and we would have signed a few more players by then anyway. Also the squad would have settled.
Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but, we always seem to be missing a lot of players for the start of a season...Except last season.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but, we always seem to be missing a lot of players for the start of a season...Except last season.
I don't really remember, but I doubt it was anything like losing both fullbacks, a starting CM and a world class striker though. Having to start with Lingard and Blackett in defence on the first day of the season is a tad unlucky.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
With our injury record over the past few years and especially given the players that were missing, I would've prepared for anything.