Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Absolutely. Regardless of anyone’s feelings for Ed, this is appalling behaviour and an embarrassment for our club.

Is this actually what it has come to when a man and his family have to suffer this, just because of his job?

I hope each culprit gets punished severely because the psychological damage they could have done to Ed and his family is enormous.

There can be no condoning this act and anyone that thinks this is ok should be ashamed.
Exactly. His poor kids might not even feel safe at home when random thugs can just throw flares at them. People really don't know where to draw the line.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Alright outrage, it's an honest opinion that a few won't voice. I'm glad that your disgusted, might wake a few up out of the passive coma some are in. The same people moaning about the Glazers will still buy merchandise and do nothing by the summer. The latest protests at the home of Ed is crass but might bring real attention to the thief. I'm not a hypocrite, I laughed and didn't feel one bit bad. I don't condone the move and violence but it's pro active, what have you done?
Are you actually serious?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I said arguably.

1) Ole scored the goal but to call him the man that won us the tremble is utterly disrespectful to SAF and first 11 that got us to the final.

2) He was doing his job as hired by the Glazers as a banker to pull off the takeover and he succeeded. It might be shitty for us but all he did was the job that he was hired to do and he did it very well.

3) After the Glazers takeover and our club struggled financially Ed was moved to the commercial side and his deals helped put United back at the top 1 to 2 of the financial league and allowed us to go on £150m summer spending sprees. It should be noted his deals and structures have been copied by Real, Bayern and every other top club. Without him significantly raising United’s revenue at best we’d be spending no money, at worse we’d end up in administration. Research our revenue and dept repayment / servicing between 2006/2013 and see for yourself. I really can’t believe how this that were widely accepted and reported several years ago are now forgotten and called “lunacy” simply because G Neville has decided to say Ed’s to blame for everything.. funny how he blames the man hired but not the actual owners.

4) Yes he’s made bad football decisions.. but tell you what. If United had signed the exact players that Liverpool have signed under Klopp... people like yourself would be calling him stingy and saying he’d wasted the little that he’d spent on crap players.
The fans still sing about Ole's exploits because we're a football club. He scored vital goals during all of 98/99. What do they sing about Woodward again?

We're here for the football pal, not getting excited about some suit who was hired to plunge us into debt.

And commercial revenue has stagnated to the point that we're even slipping in that respect. Yes, he monetised United by getting us to agree noodle sponsorships, but there isn't even a big gap between ourselves and other Premier League clubs anymore. He just whored us out more than anyone realised was possible. And now, largely because of his incompetence, that well is running dry.

There's literally nothing more to add. If you value a useless chairman over one of our most feted players, there's no reasoning with or helping you. You should quit watching football and read books about mergers instead.

devips

Why does United fans feel so f*cking entitled that they can raid someone's residence? I will have to stop following the club if such activities recur.

Eckers99

Why does United fans feel so f*cking entitled that they can raid someone's residence? I will have to stop following the club if such activities recur.
They didn't raid anyone's house. A few muppets chucked a flare into his garden.

If that's enough to stop you supporting the club then, yeah, it's probably for the best that you take your outrage elsewhere.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Nothing about this surprises me.

The incident at Woodward's house is just the usual response of a tiny minority of passionate football fans, who don't know how to deal with their frustrations. The reaction by the media is just the usual response, and in doing so, they set the scene for the narrative. The majority of people will perform amazing Orwellian self-regulation and most will echo the said narrative. A few will fail to do so, and say they understand how something like this could happen. Some will even say Woodward deserves it. The majority will then lash out at those people. This lashing out is sometimes done in genuine disgust, but sometimes in defense of their own guilty and baffling feelings of approval.

We are just following the script. Free will is a myth.

devips

If that's enough to stop you supporting the club then, yeah, it's probably for the best that you take your outrage elsewhere.
Where I will take my outrage is my business, thank you.

I follow MU as much for its glorious history as for its performance on the pitch.

AneRu

Disgusting behaviour from those so called fans, he has a family that has nothing to do with him failing at his job. Even then violence should never be used to settle these things.

However, on the other hand Woodward has hired a spin doctor who used to work for The Sun and I wouldn't put it beyond him to stage something like this to halt the momentum of the protest movement.

RoyH1

Vandals, thugs. This kind of thing is absolutely unacceptable

TheRedHearted

Ed did this so he could resign honorably.
So long, mate. I do think you tried your best.

but seriously this is disgusting.
Watch this actually slow down the Fernandes deal cause Ed will be distracted.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Outrageous behaviour.
Totally disgusting and zero excuse for it and anyone that condones it can fuxk off too.

Eckers99

How come the words "United fans" are in quotation marks in the thread title?

berbasloth4

absolute disgraceful behaviour. embarrassing to be associated with those thugs.

What if Woodward decides now fuuk yas pulls out of the fernandes deal and legs it to the states or something.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
This thread is absolutely fecking batshit.

I've only skimmed a couple pages and there's some of you coming round to the benefits of terrorism, some threatening to withdraw their support of the club, some who think Ed's doing a false flag...

And this one here stoned out of their mind trying blend their A level social science with some stereotype of a nihilist French philosopher.

Nothing about this surprises me.

The incident at Woodward's house is just the usual response of a tiny minority of passionate football fans, who don't know how to deal with their frustrations. The reaction by the media is just the usual response, and in doing so, they set the scene for the narrative. The majority of people will perform amazing Orwellian self-regulation and most will echo the said narrative. A few will fail to do so, and say they understand how something like this could happen. Some will even say Woodward deserves it. The majority will then lash out at those people. This lashing out is sometimes done in genuine disgust, but sometimes in defense of their own guilty and baffling feelings of approval.

We are just following the script. Free will is a myth.

JPB

This is the wrong way to do it. If I was living in England at the moment, I would kidnap him and lock him up in my basement.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Small men who are still children and can't handle their emotions pretending they are big and tough and scary. Pathetic the lot of them.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Disgusting. I think at this point we don't deserve Woodward and the Glazers. The former should resign immediately and the latter should put the club on sale.

Crustanoid

Were there any American sounding voices among the chants? Perhaps a couple of Glazers got in on the act? Anyhow, watching the news and Ashton has been extremely efficient in his work on this. Great signing.

Eckers99

Were there any American sounding voices among the chants? Perhaps a couple of Glazers got in on the act? Anyhow, watching the news and Ashton has been extremely efficient in his work on this. Great signing.
He wouldn't be much cop if he didn't wring every last drop out of the 'who will think of the garden furniture?' angle would he?

lsd

The Oracle
Moronic scumbags that are just an embarrassment to humans .

90 + 5min

This is what you get when you increase hatered all the time in forums and in real life. They will always be people that steps over line. Sad and should never happen. Attacking homes and people that you don’t like is cave man mentality.

jackal&hyde

Not surprised with all the vitriolic hate spread online some nut jobs thought this might make them heroes or something. Disgusting.

RK

The Glazer family all live together in big mansion in Cheshire. It is somehow known for certain that a large riot at their house would intimidate them and force the sale of the club to fans (50+1) at a reasonable price.
Would you take part in the riot? What if it was guaranteed that nobody was hurt? What if it was guaranteed that nobody was hurt, and you'd face no other consequences?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This is sad. Every man has the right to feel safe in his own home, especially with young children.

The fans should just stick to demonstrating at old Trafford and walking away from games if they feel it's necessary.

InfiniteBoredom

This isn’t the first time something like this happened.

When Rooney tried to leave in 2010, a bunch of idiots tried the same thing.

For a fan base as big as ours it’s bound to have some idiots, though, some Madrid fans vandalized Bale’s car for instance. It’s no way a stain on us all but like it or not they are Utd fans, we can’t deny that.

Red_toad

Crime of the century a bloke threw a flare into the garden of a house that was empty and some blokes stood round outside signing dumb chants and making threats to people who were not there.
Caf reaction, kids and Ed were at home suffering from this attack on their home, it’s an act of terror, I’m not going to support the club anymore as they have 20 or so numb nut fans who are a tad brain dead. Mods need to stop people saying they understand why fans could react this way.
I’ve seen worse done by people trick or treating, on homes with the residents inside.
Maybe Ed and co need to interact better with fan groups and reduce the hysteria around the club. There are lessons to be learned on both sides.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The Glazer family all live together in big mansion in Cheshire. It is somehow known for certain that a large riot at their house would intimidate them and force the sale of the club to fans (50+1) at a reasonable price.
Would you take part in the riot? What if it was guaranteed that nobody was hurt? What if it was guaranteed that nobody was hurt, and you'd face no other consequences?
Post of the year

Crustanoid

He wouldn't be much cop if he didn't wring every last drop out of the 'who will think of the garden furniture?' angle would he?
I guess the Sun has pictures of scorched gnomes on the front cover this morning and some sensationalist headline.

kps88

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.