Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Jimmy_Bond

I can read Spanish fine, not native, but it good enough for what I need, but you seem to have got problems with English, or instead of repeating the same nonsense over and over again, and calling it "my opinion on SAF's view on Perez and Madrid" you'd be reading SAF's book for his views, which allign with Sir Bobby's, not a random comment at the heat of moment (during peak Calderon, who is btw a very disliked figure among the fans) where everyone just says anything to make a point.
"Random heat of the moment." I gave you two quotes that were more than 5 years apart.

And a none native/none Spanish speaking person supporting Real Madrid. That's all I need to know.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
"Random heat of the moment." I gave you two quotes that were more than 5 years apart.

And a none native/none Spanish speaking person supporting Real Madrid. That's all I need to know.
What's that supposed to mean? Only Madrid locals/Spanish speakers are allowed to support Real Madrid?

Jimmy_Bond

What's that supposed to mean? Only Madrid locals/Spanish speakers are allowed to support Real Madrid?
What do you think attracts them to support Madrid? The historical links to fascism? The association with the incredibly corrupt Royal Family? The disgusting behaviour of their fans when it comes to under-performing players? Or the fact they are the most successful team and sign all the best players?

People are free to do what they want, but if you're a blatant glory supporter, don't start pontificating as to what a "real fan" is.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
What do you think attracts them to support Madrid? The historical links to fascism? The association with the incredibly corrupt Royal Family? The disgusting behaviour of their fans when it comes to under-performing players? Or the fact they are the most successful team and sign all the best players?

People are free to do what they want, but if you're a blatant glory supporter, don't start pontificating as to what a "real fan" is.
Except that you don't get to define what constitutes a "real fan". People have their reasons for supporting clubs, you don't get to belittle them for, simple as that.

Jimmy_Bond

Except that you don't get to define what constitutes a "real fan". People have their reasons for supporting clubs, you don't get to belittle them for, simple as that.
I prefer to use the term "supporter," as is more common in England.

This makes life a lot easier, as most people don't actually "support," then just complain and criticise the moment things stop going well. One of the resident Real Madrid "supporters" on here even said "none of this get behind the team no matter what nonsense (or something to that extent, in case he tries to be pedantic as I got a word wrong)," and suggested that a real fan is not someone who is behind the team "no matter what." Unbelievable really.

Clearly the attitude of someone who just wants to be associated with a winning football team, and has no idea what it means to actually support a club through think and thin.

Do I get to define "real fan/ supporter?" No, but I bet they'd be a general consensus if everyone gave their definition, and "someone who moans, complains and doesn't get behind the team when things are bad and only started supporting them because they won a lot and signed all the best players historically" wouldn't be it.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Are you trying to say Messi and Barcelona were like MJ and the Bulls in 7 of those 9 years? It's a really poor comparison on top of that because Stockton and Malone were 2/5 of the team on the floor for most of the game, so of course they deserve some blame even though MJ was the GOAT, he wasn't at the peak of his powers in 98 and Malone got stripped in the last minute for The Shot in game 6. If you want to act like they had nothing to do with the loss, you're wrong. Let's not act like Real Madrid was an inferior squad to Barcelona for all 7 of the 9 years they didn't win it (let's not even take into account that Atletico won once during that time). The simple fact is that 2 Ligas in 9 years is a very poor return from Madrid and CR7 who had the team built around him. You can mention all of the goals he's scored, and they are an impressive number, but when it mattered most in domestic competition, they fell short and fair or not it's going to fall the most on the guy who has the team built around him entirely to make him produce those numbers (not that being actually able to produce them is something to turn up your nose at).

The situation Hazard is in is very different because this current Madrid IS inferior to those squads, he's gotten himself into a situation where it's going to be very difficult to please those fans and I can see a lot of turbulent times ahead still, not to mention he's far from being at 100% fitness.
Actually it is a terrible example.

Ronaldo won 4 Champions Leagues, reached 4 other semifinals and competed for the league in every season bar one or two. How someone can think that is a poor return I still cannot understand it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Actually it is a terrible example.

Ronaldo won 4 Champions Leagues, reached 4 other semifinals and competed for the league in every season bar one or two. How someone can think that is a poor return I still cannot understand it.
I was reading his whole post and was surprised he never mentioned that. If you told ANY Madrid fan in 09 'Hey Ronaldo is going to join Madrid and you guys are going to get 2 Ligas 4 CL titles (The pinnacle of Football) 4 other Semi Finals that could have been finals and 2 or 3 cups they would snatch at that opportunity every time. Barca had the best team of all time form 08/09 until 2014 roughly. Then they added Neymar and Suarez alongside Messi which made Benzema and Bale look like schoolboys. Barca had the better of the two teams for 85% of the rain there. In fact the best Real Madrid in the last decade was the team from 11/12 and that team didn't win the CL out of luck. So that example is terrible.

Hazard is a great player but unlike a Messi or a Ronaldo he will never be able to turn a team into a contender immediately he needs other pieces around him to get the best out of is brilliance.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hazard with a game to forget today vs Atletico

He needs to turn it around quickly as many Madrid fans are kinda pissed at him

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Fat and doesn't stand out technique wise in Spain. This won't end well

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
I feel like he's still getting used to his teammates ways of playing, there were times when he and Benzema got in each others way, occupying the same space. But I believe he will come good, he's too talented to fail, and people shouldn't expect too many goals, he was never about that in the 1st place.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was reading his whole post and was surprised he never mentioned that. If you told ANY Madrid fan in 09 'Hey Ronaldo is going to join Madrid and you guys are going to get 2 Ligas 4 CL titles (The pinnacle of Football) 4 other Semi Finals that could have been finals and 2 or 3 cups they would snatch at that opportunity every time. Barca had the best team of all time form 08/09 until 2014 roughly. Then they added Neymar and Suarez alongside Messi which made Benzema and Bale look like schoolboys. Barca had the better of the two teams for 85% of the rain there. In fact the best Real Madrid in the last decade was the team from 11/12 and that team didn't win the CL out of luck. So that example is terrible.

Hazard is a great player but unlike a Messi or a Ronaldo he will never be able to turn a team into a contender immediately he needs other pieces around him to get the best out of is brilliance.
He's not in the same galaxy, but let's be honest, both Ronaldo, and especially Messi, played in outstanding teams. This current Real Madrid team is a mix of new players with declining players managed by someone who doesn't seem to know how to fix things. Hazard is an exceptional player. And neither Messi nor Ronaldo won things singlehandedly for their clubs. Real and Barca consistently had at least 6-7 world class players in their first XIs when they were winning things.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I said this before, he's like a quicker Isco. He's a good player but won't take your team to another level. That's why Chelsea finished 6th some seasons with him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fat and doesn't stand out technique wise in Spain. This won't end well
He's a better dribbler than anyone in La Liga.

What's happened though? Is he not fit? Has he had a recent injury that has killed that burst of acceleration? A player who twisted and turned past defenders with absolute ease is seeming limited now.

SportingCP96

Supports
He's not in the same galaxy, but let's be honest, both Ronaldo, and especially Messi, played in outstanding teams. This current Real Madrid team is a mix of new players with declining players managed by someone who doesn't seem to know how to fix things. Hazard is an exceptional player. And neither Messi nor Ronaldo won things singlehandedly for their clubs. Real and Barca consistently had at least 6-7 world class players in their first XIs when they were winning things.
I wont disagree with anything you said mate but what I was saying was that Hazard is not the type of player who can make a team a contender (ALONE) as Ronaldo, Messi, and to an extant Neymar. It's in no disrespect to Hazard who as you said is a exceptional player no doubt about that.

If Ronaldo or Messi join Arsenal right now when they were 30 and heck maybe even now this Arsenal team would be an immediate contender for the title. They might not win it but they would be in the discussion. Hazard would make them better but he would not make them an immediate title contender. As you said different galaxies.

Granted this is only my opinion.

SportingCP96

Supports

What's happened though? Is he not fit? Has he had a recent injury that has killed that burst of acceleration? A player who twisted and turned past defenders with absolute ease is seeming limited now.
Eh? Does Messi not play in La Liga anymore?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I wont disagree with anything you said mate but what I was saying was that Hazard is not the type of player who can make a team a contender (ALONE) as Ronaldo, Messi, and to an extant Neymar. It's in no disrespect to Hazard who as you said is a exceptional player no doubt about that.

If Ronaldo or Messi join Arsenal right now when they were 30 and heck maybe even now this Arsenal team would be an immediate contender for the title. They might not win it but they would be in the discussion. Hazard would make them better but he would not make them an immediate title contender. As you said different galaxies.

Granted this is only my opinion.
You really overestimate the impact a single player has. Especially in dysfunctional teams. City and Liverpool would still play Arsenal with prime-Messi/CR7 out of the park. Messi and CR7 are difference makers, but if one team is a tactically drilled collective in which every individual knows what he is supposed to do when and that way the team grows bigger than the sum of it's past and the other team is merely an assembling of great players without a shared footballing approach, there'll always be one clear winner at the end of a league campaign. Even if the latter team is even more talented than all it's competitors.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
From what I have read between Chelsea fans and fans of the premier, it is hard for him to take the form and usually reaches his best at the end of the season, so it is not something to be alarmed.

In addition to what is said about Madrid, these weeks there has been a lot of physical workload and the priority has been to cover water leaks. Hazard has not stood out individually but it is difficult to find someone who has done it.

The other day in Sevilla he was the leader in ball recoveries, along with Casemiro, which is an important fact about his involvement.
However, it is true that nervousness is growing a bit, and fans/press/"influencers" start to write "he thinks that Madrid is Chelsea" "The Bernabéu has to welcome him in their own way"

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
You really overestimate the impact a single player has. Especially in dysfunctional teams. City and Liverpool would still play Arsenal with prime-Messi/CR7 out of the park. Messi and CR7 are difference makers, but if one team is a tactically drilled collective in which every individual knows what he is supposed to do when and that way the team grows bigger than the sum of it's past and the other team is merely an assembling of great players without a shared footballing approach, there'll always be one clear winner at the end of a league campaign. Even if the latter team is even more talented than all it's competitors.
I said they would be contenders I never said they would win it for the exact reasons you just said.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I said they would be contenders I never said they would win it for the exact reasons you just said.
Calling them contenders implies that they could win it. I don't think that would be the case, even if they'd add Messi or Cristiano in their primes. The distance between City/Liverpool and the rest of the top 6 is simply too big. Tottenham, maybe, would be contenders with Messi in the team (don't think Cristiano would work very well with Kane but instead replace him).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If Ronaldo or Messi join Arsenal right now when they were 30 and heck maybe even now this Arsenal team would be an immediate contender for the title.
No they wouldn't, no. Not against this liverpool and City sides, they wouldn't come near

Your point about Hazard not being the same level of transformative player i agree with, but you overrate cristiano and messi here, and underrate liverpool and city(who are on roughly the same level as the best barcelona and real madrid sides of the past decade)

fps

I said this before, he's like a quicker Isco.
Yeah, try not to repeat stuff like that too much, people might stop listening to you completely.

Hazard has just changed country after years in London, massive change, been injured, team is struggling, it will take him time to find his feet as he seems quite a kid-ish personality. He's a fantastic player but as others have noted he can't do it all on his own and if Madrid want him to be that player they will need to set the team up for him and also coach him to be a killer.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Ah, that idiotic line of thinking about "true" fans. Let me keep my membership card, please.
"Random heat of the moment." I gave you two quotes that were more than 5 years apart..
You got just one quote, and that was from peak Calderon, never saw a second one, or one being five years apart from the other, and none were about Perez, SAF has only said nice words about him.

Hala Madrid

Supports
Realmadrid

Very funny; even Samuel Chukwueze has been dribbling far better than him this season

Jimmy_Bond

Ah, that idiotic line of thinking about "true" fans. Let me keep my membership card, please.
Please tell me what it was that made you support (I use this word loosely as I know some like to be known as "fans," as they don't actually support) Madrid, considering you're not even from that country? The links to fascism? Corruption? Royalty? Or the fact they are successful and sign all the worlds showbiz players?

I have no problem with any reason. But don't start banging on about "true fans" when you and your mate giorno are dictionary definitions of "glory supporters."

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Please tell me what it was that made you support (I use this word loosely as I know some like to be known as "fans," as they don't actually support) Madrid, considering you're not even from that country? The links to fascism? Corruption? Royalty? Or the fact they are successful and sign all the worlds showbiz players?

I have no problem with any reason. But don't start banging on about "true fans" when you and your mate giorno are dictionary definitions of "glory supporters."
You're the one supporting United, not Sheffield Wednesday. Unless your great grandfather literally built the club (and you've gotta show us the receipts) you're as plastic as they come by your logic. The same country, the same language... what bollocks.

The bolded is too stupid even by CAF standards.

And you didn't show me the two quotes that you mentioned, and are being way off-topic.

Jimmy_Bond

You're the one supporting United, not Sheffield Wednesday. Unless your great grandfather literally built the club (and you've gotta show us the receipts) you're as plastic as they come by your logic. The same country, the same language... what bollocks.

The bolded is too stupid even by CAF standards.

And you didn't show me the two quotes that you mentioned, and are being way off-topic.
I'm from Manchester.

The bold isn't stupid. If you're going to support a foreign club, I would expect it to be down to the club representing something you relate to. Everything Madrid represent on a political and social level is pretty vile if you know the first thing about the club.

You're reluctant to answer, because the reality is your reason is as shallow as "they're successful and sign all the best players."

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm from Manchester.
A plastic from the city itself then.
The bold isn't stupid. If you're going to support a foreign club, I would expect it to be down to the club representing something you relate to. Everything Madrid represent on a political and social level is pretty vile if you know the first thing about the club.

You're reluctant to answer, because the reality is your reason is as shallow as "they're successful and sign all the best players."
Thanks for the info.

And still no receipts for your "two sources within five years" claim.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm from Manchester.

I don't think that United represent something special for each of the thousands of Indians or Asians who support them.
I don't think there's a symbiosis or anything amazing.Maybe when they were kids they liked a certain player,or maybe simply they were the most successful team when they started watching football.
If he is happy supporting/being fan/following Madrid, which is the problem?
In what things are we vile in the political and social level?.