Ederson Moraes

padr81

Supports
Man City
is he only good at sweeping and distribution ?

If DDG was playing at goal. im pretty a couple of goal scoring chances will be denied.
To be honest he's prone to sweeping even when its not needed. Laporte having to roll the ball all to the sideline because Eddie came charging out to sweep up Laporte and the ball for no reason was comical if it didn't nearly see us throw the title away.

Swordsman

Garbage. So overrated, gets hyped up because he can play a nice pass. If he wasn’t playing for a side so dominant in possession like City he’d be getting exposed every week.
haha so true. If he was playing with united defence in front of him, im pretty sure he will concede 3 x more goals than DDG

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know he's not a typical keeper and has some drawbacks, but seeing a keeper pinging a scholes-like ball (even further) to an attacker in space so often is a thing of beauty.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What City require from their goalkeeper simply has less to do with shot-stopping than it does at other clubs, because their goalkeeper faces far fewer shots. Horses for courses.

I mean it's easy to say "if he wasn't at a side as dominant" but he is at that dominant side and his skillset is part of what makes them so. The fact that he'd let in more goals at a weaker side he was less suited to is hardly relevant, as you're supposed to have players who suit your team's specific needs. He'd do worse in lesser teams just as most of the goalkeepers who stand out at lesser teams would do worse at City. It is what it is.

Alisson is indeed obviously the better goalkeeper though.

Cloud7

What City require from their goalkeeper simply has less to do with shot-stopping than it does at other clubs, because their goalkeeper faces far fewer shots. Horses for courses.

I mean it's easy to say "if he wasn't at a side as dominant" but he is at that dominant side and his skillset is part of what makes them so. The fact that he'd let in more goals at a weaker side he was less suited to is hardly relevant, as you're supposed to have players who suit your team's specific needs. He'd do worse in lesser teams just as most of the goalkeepers who stand out at lesser teams would do worse at City. It is what it is.

Alisson is indeed obviously the better goalkeeper though.
Reminds me of the criticisms people used to level at Valdez for similar reasons. There are far less keepers who can function as a proper player like Ederson or Valdez than those who can block shots all day, and for teams like City and Barcelona the former is far more important than the latter.

RedDevil@84

For all the supposedly modern keeping skills he has, I find his constant need to run forward absolutely pointless and backfiring. Many of the goals he concedes can be saved if he stays around his line, including those from the West Ham game.

Oranges038

Have a feeling Bazunu will oust him in a year or two. He is excellent on the ball but is also very much a keeper who can do everything a keeper is supposed to do on top of that.