Eduardo Camavinga

SambaBoy

Yeah, that's true, but by no means a given. Would be the biggest gamble, potentially could pay off, but who knows if and when.
Sort of like what we did with Rio/Vidic and Jones/Smalling. We had the two best CB's at the time, but signed two young talented English CB's and most claimed we are sorted for the next 10-12 years as Jones and Smalling will just take over when Rio and Vidic decline. Doesn't always work out.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Tbh the 3 of them would potentially make a world class midfield 3 in future. Shows where the market is when you’d have to pay about £90m-£100m to secure the three of them as 16 year olds.
you’re getting Hannibal and one of the other 2 players for around the same cost as a di Maria. Young players who would have to stick with us for their whole career to get wages that someone like Sanchez is on. I know which represents better value to me personally. Give me world class potential any day. The market is totally crazy though. itll be really interesting to see which of these players kick on or drop off.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Indeed. This is the sort of game Real Madrid began playing a while ago when they stopped competing for the most expensive players. Remains to be seen how it will turn out. It’s probably a strategy better suited to teams without shorter term need, although even if it doesn’t work over 5 years or so, I’m sure a club can recoup a fair amount.
Yes, I was going to follow up with that. Our short team need is a bit greater that Real's. We're also more attached to our academy products and would have that more in our minds when purchasing players. My main point was I think it would be better to just choose one of them and focusing on some of the great talents we have in the club - Levitt, Garner, Gomes. I really like Puigmal, not that I think he will be anywhere near what Camavinga might be, but still.
Sort of like what we did with Rio/Vidic and Jones/Smalling. We had the two best CB's at the time, but signed two young talented English CB's and most claimed we are sorted for the next 10-12 years as Jones and Smalling will just take over when Rio and Vidic decline. Doesn't always work out.
Very good point, I think Camavinga is a bit better than those two were, but it's two very different positions.