Eight games away from another disastrous season under Ole

Snuffkin

His signings have been top notch. His faith in Martial, pogba, Lindelof and de gea has been vindicated. I don't think Ole was worried about the sack he has put the club first.

Tel074

He’s one of the worst posters in here

The amount of crap I've read about Ole this season . Let's see if these people can come back and hold their hands up.
We support Ole at OT for a reason .

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Can only speak for my own opinion, but I meant in context of other seasons of the premier league. I agree at present the EPL is a much tougher league than others - just look at how well our rejects are doing at Inter.

But I think it's inarguable that Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, us and even City are not at the races really this season. There have been times in the past that the top 6/7 teams are all really good, and I don't believe that's the case, as can be seen by the points.
That's because they have all been taking points off each other. That's what happens when you have a competitive league.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Who has the third best squad in the league? Chelsea or Leicester?
Chelsea. But even Spurs has a better squad.

We just have a formidable starting 11 but that's not sustainable living on a knife's edge with the numbers of games and options in view of potential injuries.

pass.pass.pass

His signings have been top notch. His faith in Martial, pogba, Lindelof and de gea has been vindicated. I don't think Ole was worried about the sack he has put the club first.
Martial, who was having a bad season and has not been missed since his injury?
Pogba, who has improved in recent months but is still mostly a good-times player?
De Gea, who had to play second fiddle to a not-great GK in Henderson?

I'll give you Lindelof, but even he struggles without a much superior partner like Maguire.

There may be good arguments in favor of Ole, but these players are probably not it.

rotherham_red

Martial, who was having a bad season and has not been missed since his injury?
Pogba, who has improved in recent months but is still mostly a good-times player?
De Gea, who had to play second fiddle to a not-great GK in Henderson?

I'll give you Lindelof, but even he struggles without a much superior partner like Maguire.

There may be good arguments in favor of Ole, but these players are probably not it.
Check the post dates, these were all from last year

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hopefully he proves me wrong next year too, but I don’t see us battling for the league anytime soon.
Is there a single manager in world football who could take these players to the league title above Pep?

We have 2 or 3 players good enough to get in the City first team. How are we ever going to win the league again when that fact remains true?

Giggsy13

End of season run in turning into a nightmare with dropped points and injuries. We are not looking good for the Europa final.

rotherham_red

Yet we have posters saying they don’t want Harry Kane?
I wouldn't want Kane either, or what I should say is that I don't want Kane *right now* - he wouldn't solve many of our issues because we need an additional creator to Bruno. Get Sancho as that man and then bring in someone like Kane or Haaland.

Deery

Dreary
Is there a single manager in world football who could take these players to the league title above Pep?

We have 2 or 3 players good enough to get in the City first team. How are we ever going to win the league again when that fact remains true?
Who’s to say there isn’t a manager that could win the league with these players, am sure Ferguson would have given it a good go.

It’s a hypothetical question that we don’t have the answer to because we haven’t ever given a young, progressive, successful manager a go.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
End of season run in turning into a nightmare with dropped points and injuries. We are not looking good for the Europa final.
Not really that bad is it. Leicester was basically our reserves, Liverpool they were great and motivated for top 4 and have a top team still. Fulham was a bit rubbish but it's a dead rubber with 2nd wrapped up already.

Deery

Dreary
I don't want Harry Kane because he would cost a shitload of money and we have more pressing needs elsewhere.
I wouldn't want Kane either, or what I should say is that I don't want Kane *right now* - he wouldn't solve many of our issues because we need an additional creator to Bruno. Get Sancho as that man and then bring in someone like Kane or Haaland.
You still talk about adding quality then when the captain of Spurs and England and one of the best strikers in the world becomes available you all turn your nose up at him and opt for a player that doesn’t even start for his country.

Giggsy13

Not really that bad is it. Leicester was basically our reserves, Liverpool they were great and motivated for top 4 and have a top team still. Fulham was a bit rubbish but it's a dead rubber with 2nd wrapped up already.
It is when Fred player through injury and McT was subbed off injured. With Maguire likely missing the final as well, this could be a poor end to the season.

Deery

Dreary
Just for the record I’m not anti-Ole as it’s starting to come across that I am, I’m glad of the football being played and it’s much better than the crap we’d see under a tactical manager.

I made a post at a time when I realistically thought we’d never overtake Liverpool which backfired and I hold my hands up to being wrong.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

You still talk about adding quality then when the captain of Spurs and England and one of the best strikers in the world becomes available you all turn your nose up at him and opt for a player that doesn’t even start for his country.
It's not turning my nose up at him, it's that if he came right now, he would solve nothing if the core issues aren't resolved. Get a RW and a DM, and THEN go for a striker. I don't see Kane going this summer, and more likely I see him going next year, by which point I would hope we would be in a better position to compete for him.

Deery

Dreary
It's not turning my nose up at him, it's that if he came right now, he would solve nothing if the core issues aren't resolved. Get a RW and a DM, and THEN go for a striker. I don't see Kane going this summer, and more likely I see him going next year, by which point I would hope we would be in a better position to compete for him.
I suppose I could get behind that but I’d prefer Grealish and Nididi for those positions, but it’s going to be very expensive whichever way we go about it.

Just think Harry Kane would bring that Van Persie aura with him and push us on to a next level.

rotherham_red

I suppose I could get behind that but I’d prefer Grealish and Nididi for those positions, but it’s going to be very expensive whichever way we go about it.

Just think Harry Kane would bring that Van Persie aura with him and push us on to a next level.
That's fair and I agree with your sentiment re Kane. I personally would be delighted with Grealish if Sancho isn't to come, but the transfer window hasn't opened yet so who knows whats going to happen

Pep's Suit

Starting XI or first-team? Because I'm sure Pep would take Shaw, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Fernandes, Rashford, maybe Greenwood or Fred.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Ole is just lucky.

If he hadn't signed Cavani,Bruno,introduced and developed Greenwood,got Shaw to play to his potential,got Pogba playing something close to the level expected for a player of his talent etc we would have been out of the top 4 race by January.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think Maguire injury aside a reality check was just what was needed for everyone. The squad still needs major investment. It’s good to be reminded of that before everyone got too smug about second and a cup final and the let’s the owners do the bare minimum in the summer. Hopefully our horrible recent form snaps the players out of their comfort zone because we aren’t winning any cup if we play like we have been the last few weeks. there’s no excuses when you see the value and wages of the two squads even if we are missing Maguire. Villarreal are probably on par with our top 6 and if we half arse it we will get done

Dolf

Starting XI or first-team? Because I'm sure Pep would take Shaw, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Fernandes, Rashford, maybe Greenwood or Fred.
Only Shaw and Fernandes, and maybe Rashford, would get into the first XI. Probably Cavani too on current form.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Hopefully he proves me wrong next year too, but I don’t see us battling for the league anytime soon.
From being 33 points a drift to 12 points a drift is more than enough of a sign for me that we will be challenging very soon

Trezeguet17

As someone who leans more towards the "Ole out side" and still not fully convinced in the way we play, I have to say - Euro League win or not - to finish 2nd place in the league and reach a Eruopean finale is the absolute maximum you can hope for with a squad like ours.

Ole did a very good job. In my opinion this season trumps Mourinhos 2017/2018 season as the best one thus far post Fergie.

Glazers Out!

Ole is just lucky.

If he hadn't signed Cavani,Bruno,introduced and developed Greenwood,got Shaw to play to his potential,got Pogba playing something close to the level expected for a player of his talent etc we would have been out of the top 4 race by January.
I think they are keeping him around till Haaland makes his long term decision.