Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What is your point ? That he is not making any technical decisions?
Or course he isn’t making high level technical Decisions about spaceships.

Nor should he. That’s not his job.

My CEO earns plenty more than me but he couldn’t do my job any more than I could do his.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Do people fawn over Branson as some modern day Da Vinci like Musk fanboys do?
That’s not really got anything to do with the point that was trying to be made though.

I reckon if Branson’s peak had been closer to the peak of social media he might have a similar following though. I was only young but I swear I remember him trying to be that eccentric, adventurous billionaire for a while.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Of course he's not. He knows no more about rockets than I do.
I can’t believe I’m coming to his defence at this time, but so?

He’s made a company that’s doing genuinely cool stuff in space. It looks very much like he is directing everything. He doesn’t need to put the rockets together himself.

That you’re trying to have a dig at that just looks petty.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
oh gee. oh gosh. why do i always find myself defending the sociopathic billionaire who violates labor laws? could it be that i don't care about workers as much as I care about shiny cars and flamethrowers? heavens no, the rest of you are just ever so unfair.

Conor

That’s not really got anything to do with the point that was trying to be made though.

I reckon if Branson’s peak had been closer to the peak of social media he might have a similar following though. I was only young but I swear I remember him trying to be that eccentric, adventurous billionaire for a while.
Musk obsessives paint him to be a scientific genius, plucked from the slums of humanity, not an eccentric, adventurous billionaire.

Eboue

i hate it when i type a bunch of posts over several years defending elon musk. its not something i want to do but i always end up doing it anyway. its like an out of body experience where i see myself typing out "hes more of a visionary than a genius" and i am helpless to stop myself. once i regain control i usually think "i can't believe im coming to his defence" and the cycle starts all over again

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Imagine if someone could change their mind because new things had happened.

Imagine if you could respond to people on a personable level instead of spending a lot of time on a forum offering nothing of value to the community and consistently being just enough of a tosser not to get banned.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

He’s made a company that’s doing genuinely cool stuff in space. It looks very much like he is directing everything. He doesn’t need to put the rockets together himself.

Read a few steps back. You quoted a response to someone suggesting that Musk had an understanding of, and was responsible for making high level technical decisions.

Eboue

Imagine if you could respond to people on a personable level instead of spending a lot of time on a forum offering nothing of value to the community and consistently being just enough of a tosser not to get banned.
two insults in a row and calling for other people to get band. being a musk fanboy suits you

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Great, another version of imagine to cheer us up :rolleyes:

The Firestarter

Or course he isn’t making high level technical Decisions about spaceships.

Nor should he. That’s not his job.

My CEO earns plenty more than me but he couldn’t do my job any more than I could do his.
You are severely mistaken, and seem to have the understanding he is some MBA type that only attends board meetings. Better read up on what's going on at SpaceX.

Camilo

There's nothing wrong with knowing nothing about rockets. I'm sure he was the brains behind "we're going to go live on Mars", but apart from okaying a budget and clearly having a talent for charming people I doubt he knows anything specific.

Which is fine. He's a man that sold a website and hired some smart people to spend his money, nothing more.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's nothing wrong with knowing nothing about rockets. I'm sure he was the brains behind "we're going to go live on Mars", but apart from okaying a budget and clearly having a talent for charming people I doubt he knows anything specific.

Which is fine. He's a man that sold a website and hired some smart people to spend his money, nothing more.
It’s a strange thing to downplay. Selling something for over a billion and then starting an actual space exploration company.

There’s plenty to a have a go at him about but choosing that is just pettiness.

It’s quite funny that there’s two extremes to this. Those that stick up for everything he does and those that can’t accept one single thing about any of it. Both as bad as each other.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The guy is obviously a fantastic entrepreneur. But his fanboys are annoying.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The guy seems to be an absolute cnut, but to put his achievements down to "just selling a website" is absolutely moronic - it takes visionaries to assemble a group of people who are capable and get them striving for his goal, if it was easy we would all be billionaires.

Curious to read everyone's opinion on Henry Ford.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The guy seems to be an absolute cnut, but to put his achievements down to "just selling a website" is absolutely moronic - it takes visionaries to assemble a group of people who are capable and get them striving for his goal, if it was easy we would all be billionaires.

Well, it helps massively to become a billionaire if you are coming from a massively wealthy family.
Same as I don’t think Trump is a very intelligent person.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Overrated. Slapped 4 wheels on a wagon and said broom.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Yeah as usual the truth lies in between. He's not a genius, nor is he stupid, but he is most certainly a massive, amoral bellend. He'd pale in comparison to Henry Ford though, wasn't he quite seriously involved with the Nazis?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
ford was efficient with horizontal integration

In 1918, Henry Ford purchased his hometown newspaper, The Dearborn Independent. A year and a half later, he began publishing a series of articles that claimed a vast Jewish conspiracy was infecting America. The series ran in the following 91 issues. Ford bound the articles into four volumes titled "The International Jew," and distributed half a million copies to his vast network of dealerships and subscribers.

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was a notorious forgery that originally came from Russia, and [was] translated into English. [It] claimed the existence of an international Jewish conspiracy -- that a group of Jews got together and basically planned the fate of the world, be it financial catastrophe, be it war. The world was controlled by this little cabal of Jews. [This forgery was] printed in The Dearborn Independent as a factual piece. And so someone reading it would take this to be the news.

There are lots of small town newspapers that publish scurrilous anti-Semitic material, so it wasn't unusual in that way. But what's notable about The Dearborn Independent is that it was also spread through the Ford Motor dealerships. And so that there'd be stacks of them in a dealership in California, dealership in Massachusetts, a dealership in Iowa. In some places, the dealership would actually put copies of the newspaper in the car, so that when you drove off with your Model T, there you had on the seat next to you a copy of The Dearborn Independent.

And because The Dearborn Independent was published by Ford, it meant that other newspapers would pick up on what he said, and if only in reporting on an article that appeared in The Dearborn Independent, it meant that it got much greater currency than if it had just been a small-town newspaper in some equivalent sized town in Wisconsin or Montana. But this was Henry Ford's newspaper, and pretty much anything Henry Ford did was news.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
also he was a car manufacturer from the early 20th c, im guessing ford was literally murderous when it came to unions.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
who could have guessed

The Rouge gates were the site of two of the most notorious anti-union episodes in U.S. labor history. In the 1932 Ford Hunger March, Ford service members and Dearborn police opened fire on unemployed demonstrators, killing four immediately. In the 1937 Battle of the Overpass, Ford service members beat UAW officials Walter Reuther and Richard Frankensteen and a dozen union supporters, mostly women, seeking to pass out flyers.

The company's violent proclivities were made especially dangerous by the media-savvy popularity of the company's founder and principal owner, Henry Ford. The iconic billionaire was the recipient of millions of dollars of free publicity for his advocacy of a high-wage, high-productivity, high-consumption society. His philosophy also included opposition to unions, to the New Deal, and to women working outside the home.