Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Nah, surely not.

Why go to the bother of calling an emergency board meeting if it wasn't to sack Ole?
Bodger said publicly he wouldn't entertain the job while Ole was still in it. So they have to sack him first. Then he holds them to ransom cos they are idiots. Then they get the huff and appoint Carrick.

MichaelRed

Mark my words...I will stand by them if I’m wrong...he has known he is gone for a long time...but he is staying on to avoid another interim manager situation when clearly the boards choices to replace him are not available.

I would imagine this will come out afterward...that he took one on the chin and continued on to buy the board time to get whoever it is they are chasing. He has said loads of times about honest and open conversations with the board and has cleverly worded it so as to say everyone is just focused on what’s best for the club.

I love the guy. This must be destroying him. He was never the man for the job and Ed should have always had a plan b. The whole situation is quite upsetting.
And the earth is flat and mankind has never been to the moon.

Chip

What will it actually take to get him sacked? 20 losses in a row?

Godfather

How can we still not have a plan A - Z in place for a replacement? What has our fecked up board done since the Pool game?

Redfrog

I'm not going to talk through the match analysis, but that clearly isn't how the game went.

Having said that, I'm not a big fan of Rodgers myself, but the 'schooling' bit didn't quite happen for Tuchel went it mattered.
Well, if Tuchel win the league it will matter.

By the way, it will be a joke to pay for a manager who is in free fall at his club. But nothing will surprise me from the idiots sitting at the board.

Flytan

Zidane. Doesn't. Want. To. Coach. Here.

4 points from 21.

Just end it, I don't care who replaces him anymore.

Acole9

Outstanding
I honestly thought he was goner. He's never getting fecking sacked is he?! I give up. This club are run so badly it's not even funny.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A credible source
This Board is why we've spent £1billion on players with only a few second rate cups to show for it.

If they saw a possibility of sacking Ole, why not talk to Zidane during the International Break? Comedy club! :lol:

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
This board cannot make decisions until it’s too late. They are like Ents from lord of the rings

Lord Zlatan

Paddock were reporting they had two credible sources that there was no board meeting. The only meeting taking place is with Oles agent to sort out his compensation.

hobbers

This post is amazing for its complete lack of respect. I could go further but I’d be banned :(
On what planet is it disrespectful? :lol:

They are the four who are (or were until today) all in favour of keeping the faith with Ole.

MUFC OK

Bullshit. I can’t believe today happened, it should never have been allowed to, but I’m only seeing kore PR manipulation and no action from Utd. He is not going anywhere I promise you.

ForeverRed1

Wev conceded the joint third most goals in the league so far this season.. only behind Norwich and Newcastle. Joint with Leicester.

the third most goals in the entire league. Pretty damning stuff. And they want to replace him potentially with the guy who ties on third with us.

come on united, show some ambition and go all out for the best. Now is the time.

It's ironic that the banisher of deadwoods has himself turned into one that we simply can't get rid of.

In the trophy room,
It's not too good,
Norwegian deadwood.
I told him he'd still be manager in the morning
And he started to laugh
I told him the rest of the world said there is no way back
Isn't it good Norwegian dud

stw2022

Just because there isn’t an announcement doesn’t mean the board are undecided

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bodger said publicly he wouldn't entertain the job while Ole was still in it. So they have to sack him first. Then he holds them to ransom cos they are idiots. Then they get the huff and appoint Carrick.
Wish people would stop suggesting Carrick, it gives me heartburn.

I mean, Delia Smith is a more realistic option than Carrick.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
People should legitimately be concerned about a relegation fight if Ole is not replaced. I can’t believe I’m even saying this.

Redfrog

Mark my words...I will stand by them if I’m wrong...he has known he is gone for a long time...but he is staying on to avoid another interim manager situation when clearly the boards choices to replace him are not available.

I would imagine this will come out afterward...that he took one on the chin and continued on to buy the board time to get whoever it is they are chasing. He has said loads of times about honest and open conversations with the board and has cleverly worded it so as to say everyone is just focused on what’s best for the club.

I love the guy. This must be destroying him. He was never the man for the job and Ed should have always had a plan b. The whole situation is quite upsetting.
If it’s true, that’s just sucide. Anyone will be better at the moment, just a bit of fresh air. At this rate we will get relegated. This is just madness !

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
When is Varane ready for action again? If he hadnt been out so much we'd be leading the Prem now.

"Since Varane made his debut in the 1-0 victory over Wolves, United have won 5 of the seven games in which he has started, a win percentage of 71.4. In stark contrast, they have won just one of the six games in which he didn't start. A mere 16.67 per cent."

Makes this entire situation even more bitter.

Abraxas

What are they thinking, trying to wait on "convincing" Zidane. If ZZ needs speeches to get him to come here I don't think he's the man for this job. This job is going to take serious balls and dedication, not somebody who needs to convince his wife, his dog, and is back and forth on the "project."

There are countless people who could come in on an interim basis. They don't have to be a fashionable name if the purpose is clear, just a steadying hand that has good tactical knowledge and can get a grip of the team. If it's just to steer us through that's all we need and then we can assess rather than rushing, and potentially giving the wrong guy a long term deal. Or sticking with a man that won't get us anywhere near top 4 on current evidence.

We need some decisiveness before this goes too far, but not at the expense of a bad appointment. An interim manager is no risk whatsoever on our current trajectory whereas if we go to a Zidane we better be getting it right and not just panic stations.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Wish people would stop suggesting Carrick, it gives me heartburn.

I mean, Delia Smith is a more realistic option than Carrick.
He's got all the same credentials as Ole. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they can't land Bodger.

hobbers

4 points in 7 games is relegation form.
17 points from 12 games extrapolated over a season will mean 54 points, and finishing 12th or 13th.

But yeh, last 7 games is definitely relegation form.

Swedish_Plumber

When can we actually hold the board accountable in any manner? Absolute fecking disgrace how poorly they’ve ran this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.