Emi Martinez

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I know the media will always foucs on his antics, his celebrations, etc...but God damn he is a great fecking keeper. I've started to beleive that Argentina would finally have again a solid side with the arrival of him and Romero, proper 70's or 80's type of players, everything was build from there.

For all the xtra he brings, for good and bad, what prevails in him is FUNDAMENTS, he is an old guard keeper that commands his area in centres, crosses or one on ones (he is beyond excellent there), that tries to grab the ball or block to the sides, that doesn''t constantly go for the silly spectacular save and his aim is preventing and being well positioned.

He is as mad as he is a pro, giving orders, complaining and praising his mates constantly, he doesn't crumble when he is constantly being assault and blames himself above anyone.
Of course playing that Villain edge it's not for everyone, but he is the sort of keeper that makes you calm as a field player, that makes you feel covered.

As a side note, his carreer it's full of sacrifice and a huge quote of being ignored. Also for all the shenannigans, boasting and celebrations, he is very sincere. From his need of therapy, or his failures or bad plays. At the end as much as he can be annoying for any rival, he quite a without filter fella, that communicates greatly in his interviews and is very aware of all that he had to do to succeed and how fragile everything can be Pro players regarding their mental health.
Quite an odd fella like almost every Great keeper (at least in the past) tend to be.

Last edited:

izec

I love him as well, would take him in a heartbeat. He wins you games and trophies.

While i can see why his antics are annoying, i think they are part of the game to a degree and he doesnt overdo it. He needs it in certain games. I am all for it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I loved everything about his penalty shootout antics, especially the stupid little shimmy dance in the lille's fans faces right after saving the winning penalty :lol: i love how mocking them was his first instinct :D

Pocho

They’ve been mocking and booing him since minute one, they got what they deserved, feck the french fans.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’s a top keeper but I don’t like the guy… since he mocked us when Fernandes Skyed that penalty and I was there right behind his goal that day.