Emile Smith Rowe

::sonny::

First call up with England, really interesting player

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
I still can’t get over how he looks so much like a generic video game character before you begin customising them.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Love him. Gets compared to De Bruyne but that’s based on looks. I think the player his game is closest to is Pires. Passing could improve but he’s a fantastic runner on and off the ball, could easily become a 10-15 goals a season forward coming in off the left.

The Purley King

What happened to him?
Thought he looked like a potential star a couple of years back and has then slowly disappeared

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What happened to him?
Thought he looked like a potential star a couple of years back and has then slowly disappeared
Played through injury for a long time before finally getting surgery. He now should be able to come back but his position would be either second striker which we don't really play, #8 for which we bought a 65M mannequin or cover for Odegaard where he hasn't really shown enough the few times he played there.
I hope we persist with him with big question marks above Havertz and Vieira.

Sea-Cow

If he's leaving Arsenal in search of playing time, why on earth would he go to Chelsea? I don't understand the decision making of some of these lads.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Good player if fit but the lack of hyphen in his name has always bugged me.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Played through injury for a long time before finally getting surgery. He now should be able to come back but his position would be either second striker which we don't really play, #8 for which we bought a 65M mannequin or cover for Odegaard where he hasn't really shown enough the few times he played there.
Nice :lol:

Devil You Know

I thought he was arguably the most promising of Arsenal's young stars when they were first breaking through.

Obviously, Saka and Odegaard have come on leaps and bounds since then. But there's surely still a player somewhere in ESR.

If it wasn't for his injuries, I'd want United to take a punt. We're already carrying enough sicknotes, though, and can't afford any more passengers.

The Purley King

Thanks for the reply, he’s definitely talented, I’d take him at Utd for sure, but he occupies Bruno’s space so probably wouldn’t see much game time here.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What happened to him?
Got a really bad injury at key point in his Arsenal development and Martinelli then made the left side his own. They've also signed Trossard and Odegaard so just no credible path to Arsenal 11 anymore.

I actually think a good move for him would be Palace but guess they don't have the finances to sign him. Not sure on Chelsea given the endless attackers they've signed in last 12 months.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They’d be mental to sell him. He’s an incredible talent.

Unsure on his contract situation but a loan to January would be smart.

The lad has so much potential. He’ll be a top draw player at CL level if he shakes off the injury problems.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Honestly whose name am I going to see at the top of the forum next

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Complete year off from football after bad injuries that can be easy to re-aggravate… and Chelsea wanted him to come to OUR team?

Still, If I was Arsenal I would’ve played coy, raised the price, then bitten Chelsea’s hand off as retribution for Havertz.

He was … ok to good … for his age … BEFORE serious injury and a long time off football at a pivotal point in his development. And Arsenal has better options. Poor decision on their part.

But thank you!