Emmanuel Petit puts his oar in

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's in the op

Asked if United’s players are letting their manager down, Petit told RMC Sport: ‘I don’t know but I know that Mourinho is doing his best
He also followed that up with "that's not enough", but you failed to include that part.

Red_Ramirez

Shock horror

another ABU in the media spouting anti-United shite

By the sounds of it it seems Petit's been on the Redcafe alot lately:lol:

iHicksy

Sounds like he's a secret United fan annoyed at the dire performance of said players.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Everything he said about Matic is spot on. Other than that his general comments are a bit overboard but fair enough.

His targeted comments at Young and Smalling are strange though. If there is one thing you can't attack Young for it's not trying his best, and why pick out our only central defender who has been close to good enough over the last few years instead of all the other defenders who he's always rotating through?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Delete as appropriate

He's spot on/way off the mark. I agree/disagree with everything he says, Matic has been great/awful recently and he needs to keep playing/be dropped. Petit was a great/rubbish player and knows/doesn't know what is required to be a great midfielder.

settembrini

About time a pundit criticised Matic. Need a few more to jump in now and maybe Mourinho will drop him.

Suvvernmanc

As much as i want to say 'your talking shit Emmanuel,' i cant.. he is spot on. I am sick of people beimg shot down for being blunt and open about it. We can all see that we are playing crap and that other clubs are progressing. Emmanuel Petit is saying what most are too scared to say!

PepsiCola

He is spot on.

Baffling its taken so long for people to see how shit matic is

Irwin99

A truly world class player in his day and to be honest, not a lot wrong with what he said. Disagree a bit with the criticism of Young as I thought he was our best player the other day but it’s about time someone highlighted Matic’s performances.

Always thought Petit was a closet United fan.

CA1

Well said.

If you were looking from the outside in, you'd think the same.

You'd see Man United managed by one of the most successful managers in football and think "feck me, those players are awful"

Sorry but you would.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not wrong. I was contemplating my life during the first thirty minutes. I kept asking myself "what the feck am I watching this for"?

Last edited:

Adisa

Every interview he's done since he retired has painted him as a United fan, or at least like someone who knew he made a mistake not coming here. He says it himself.
I've seen a lot of his analysis on the international EPL channel.
He has huge respect for this club.

Offsideagain

Hard to disagree, he is after all, stating the bleeding obvious. Some players are too comfortable.

Absolutely spot on. He's right about how we are playing and he has nailed arguably our three worst players at the moment, certainly in the last game.

Adisa

His targeted comments at Young and Smalling are strange though. If there is one thing you can't attack Young for it's not trying his best, and why pick out our only central defender who has been close to good enough over the last few years instead of all the other defenders who he's always rotating through?
Effort or not, they don't have the quality to be starting for this club. They among others.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's no need, he's already absolved Mourinho of any blame by saying "he's doing his best", then there's a pause/full-stop.
Not really, the fullstop shouldn't be part of the quote.

He's saying "he's doing his best, but that isn't enough".

Petit thinks Mourinho is trying hard but his best isn't enough anymore. That's not a positive in my eyes.

KGBhoy

I think this echoes the matchday thread any my thoughts too. The way Matic is performing, I can't imagine McT will do worse.
We have really never solved the problem of Carrick.

manunited1919

It’s sad to see that when our ex-opponents are not missing the opportunity to put pressure on United, more than 90% of fans here in CAF are in full agreement and don’t see it as a wind-up job.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s sad to see that when our ex-opponents are not missing the opportunity to put pressure on United, more than 90% of fans here in CAF are in full agreement and don’t see it as a wind-up job.
Whether he's on a wind-up or not, he's absolutely spot on regarding Young and Smalling.

It amazes me that those two players have been regulars at a club like United.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He said nothing in that interview that we fans of the club didn't say during and after the game.

The last paragraph reads like a post from the post-match thread.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What's truly fascinating is that the players that are currently disappointing are all Mourinho's men. Bailly, Lindelof, Sanchez, Matic, Lukaku to name a few. Now either the manager doesn't know how to use them or they are shit or he doesn't know how to motivate them. Irrespective of all that the buck stops with the manager who spent 400m and yet he still ask for more.

Kag

The work rate observation whenever we’re losing... Wonderful. I remember this tosh being levelled at the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra under Moyes (and they were club stalwarts).

If Petit wanted to make an observation surrounding work rate then using Ashley Young to consolidate his point isn’t exactly wise. He’s largely shite, but a shirker of responsibility he certainly isn’t.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What wind-up? If anything, he's showing great respect to the institution.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Agree 100% on Smalling and Young, we all know both are utter tripe.

Although I disagree on Mourinho, it is obvious he is to blame for the mess we are in.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not really, the fullstop shouldn't be part of the quote.

He's saying "he's doing his best, but that isn't enough".

Petit thinks Mourinho is trying hard but his best isn't enough anymore. That's not a positive in my eyes.
It was a loaded question, he answered then kinda backtracked or that's how it's been edited to read but having read it again it's more the reporter that's in the Jose can do no wrong camp, than EP

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A wind up job on RMC sport, a french channel where most people don't really care about United?

Red_Ramirez

More ABU media shite

Paul Scholes will be back on the case when we lose to Juventus and Man CIty no doubt

He's been quiet of late

Lentwood

Matic, Fred and Pogba where all guilty of watching opposition players run past them on Saturday

To a certain degree the one I can forgive is Pogba because I don’t think its instinctive for him and its something he has to work on

Fred and Matic should have no excuses. It doesnt matter what level you play at, you don’t allow opposition midfielders to run beyond you

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No doubt Petit will put out an expose on how poor Liverpool have been in the CL. They are of course European royalty :rolleyes:

RedDevilRoshi

Agree with everything he said. The first half against Bournemouth was abysmal.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well in his defence, Young is our weak link and is astonishingly bad when he gets the ball, Matic has been really poor this season and smalling has been poor and has looked like he was drunk for the last couple of games. He's clearly been sharing the booze around though going by the rest of the rant.