Endurance Racing 2018

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
The two and a half hour IMSA race this past weekend was won by my boy Helio. :D Now lets see what he can do with LeMans. (Unfortunately, Spa was not on US television but thanks for the report.)

Just in case anyone wondered what could be possible if there were no rules, Porsche has decided to play with the 919 one last time:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
But the others laugh at me because it takes so long to put up :(

My mate is on his 3rd tent, all so that he can put it up even more quickly and sit in his chair, beer in hand, laughing at me.

It's easy to put up, btw, it's just that there are a lot of individual processes.

Barbara Charles

:lol: Some light-hearted "advice":
Advice No. 1 Colin: You cannot go through life worrying about what your friends are doing. Just worry about yourself.
Advice No. 2: You're acting like a baby. Stop. Just stop.
Advice No. 3: Are your friends paying your bills? If not, don't worry about their silliness. Plenty of time to drink some lagers.
Advice No. 4: Have a great time.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
What happened?
To cut a long story short, he is on a lot of medication of for a heart complaint and cut one of them out without consulting his doctor, ended up with jaundice. He feels fine and it has improved, but they kept him in overnight for observation. Still waiting to hear whether they have discharged him.

Barbara Charles

Too bad. As for the weekend, I'll be waiting on Weekend Dave hand and foot. I'll have to see what he wants to do, other than watch the race. Last year I had to record the overnight action: couldn't stay awake all night.

spwd

Just got me thinking, why haven’t Ferrari got an lmp car, and other manufacturers too?

spwd

Cost and relevance now as to why more works teams aren't in LMP1 or 2 for that matter.
Im just surprised that theres not more that do it being as its such a prestigious race.

Barbara Charles

It is on Velocity channel, owned by Motor Trend. The feed is from Eurosport. this is new to America. It was previously on Fox, which had its own announcers. The jury is still out on if this is an improvement.

Barbara Charles

@Sassy Colin : I watched a short endurance race - GTLMs and GTDs - at Virginia Int'l Raceway Sunday. Do you get the shorter races on any of your stations?

Also, where are you photos of LeMans you lazy sod.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
@Sassy Colin : I watched a short endurance race - GTLMs and GTDs - at Virginia Int'l Raceway Sunday. Do you get the shorter races on any of your stations?

Also, where are you photos of LeMans you lazy sod.
Not much this year, I have a few of Parc Fermé. I was also standing right underneath the presentation gantry, close enough to get some Champagne spray, but too close to take any meaningful pics.

Not sure what's going to happen next year, my Le Mans buddy is very ill and probably won't be fit for next June.

Barbara Charles

IMSA has a Youtube channel which apparently shows live racing. I just found it today by typing IMSA on the YT search bar. I have not tried it yet, but if you want to catch an IMSA race to see what it's like, try it. Don't forget to click the little bell next to Subscribe so you can get email alerts.

Edit: the races are shown live.