England Discussion | Finish 4th

RedChisel

If England had won everyone would be saying they've only beaten Belgium's B team but Beligium beat England's B team and everyone is now saying England are crap and will get hammered against Columbia :rolleyes:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
England in a good position now.

If we can't beat Columbia, then we'd stand no chance anyway of winning the World Cup. But if we can and do beat Columbia then we have the easiest route to the semis, because Sweden or Switzerland are no great shakes.
Have you watched Sweden? They are an excellent side and it is by no means clear that England would get past them.

Kag

The arrogance is ridiculous.
Columbia's front four will get in and around Stones and McGuire just as fecking Panama did at times.
What's wrong with a likely win v Japan and then to back themselves v Brazil? Even then Mexico's quick counters gives them a chance in their game.
Where's the giddyness coming from?
Where are you plonkers seeing this arrogance? :lol:

Do you even live in England? The reason I ask is because the entire country is in on one big joke that fiction-orientated halfwits are doing their best to avoid.

Not one soul in England genuinely believes we're some cracking side, or that we're going to win the tournament. We're shite, we've been shite for years and we'll probably get dumped out on pens. But let a man dream a little.

The reality is that this is the first tournament in years that the country has really engaged with. It's a good thing, too. I find it genuinely pathetic how many people are looking to criticise people for having a laugh and getting involved with the drama - creating stories in their heads about some psychopantic delusion that is running rife throughout the country.

Bah.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Everything about the Liverpool team and their followers (in particular), their team anthem, their captain, the fan culture just makes me think what a gang of absolute cnuts. I hope Colombia absolutely batter them.
Fixed.

cyberman

It is doing my head in tbh - Columbia are more than capable of beating England and are a much better side than Japan.
They're deadly on set pieces which could nullify a route in how England have scored all but 1 goal.
Why not go for Japan and say we are England instead of this eagerness to backdoor their way into the semis.
I'll bet any money Martinez does not give a feck.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Colombia going to be interesting.

Lots of pace and power at the back in Sanchez and Mina.

Players with points to prove in final third in Falcao and Cuadrado. Seen before in 2004 with Postiga a "misfit" scoring crucial goal v England.

Difference could be how much James can play, he's a real difference maker in the final third.

Think it will be a tight game but can see England just nick it. Colombia been pretty good at set pieces this tournament aswell.

RedChisel

Have you watched Sweden? They are an excellent side and it is by no means clear that England would get past them.
It's by no means clear that anyone will beat anyone else in this World Cup, seems very open to me.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Fair play to Belgium. They’ve backed themselves to go ahead and beat the likes of Brazil and France. Cowardly management from Southgate and unfortunately for him, the players will sense it and it’ll derail their tournament yet.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm more worried about Sweden than Colombia. I think we'll fail horribly against a stubborn defence. But That's not me saying we'll breeze past Colombia.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The arrogance is ridiculous. This side of the draw nonsense is embarrassing to listen to quite frankly
Columbia's front four will get in and around Stones and McGuire just as fecking Panama did at times.
What's wrong with a likely win v Japan and then to back themselves v Brazil? Even then Mexico's quick counters gives them a chance in their game.
Where's the giddyness coming from?
Where is this arrogance?

saivet

I don't think anyone has said Colombia will be easy. If anything there was more of an assumption we'd beat Japan or Senegal.

Inter Yer Nan

Stopped watching at half time today the first half was so bad.

England will be favored over Colombia but it's a tough match. 60/40 I'd say. Let's not act like Colombia were fantastic today either.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Well, nothing is certain … except it'd better to face Sweden than Brazil at that stage, which is why England are in a good position.

cyberman

Where are you plonkers seeing this arrogance? :lol:

Do you even live in England? The reason I ask is because the entire country is in on one big joke that fiction-orientated halfwits are doing their best to avoid.

Not one soul in England genuinely believes we're some cracking side, or that we're going to win the tournament. We're shite, we've been shite for years and we'll probably get dumped out on pens. But let a man dream a little.

The reality is that this is the first tournament in years that the country has really engaged with. It's a good thing, too. I find it genuinely pathetic how many people are looking to criticise people for having a laugh and getting involved with the drama - creating stories in their heads about some psychopantic delusion that is running rife throughout the country.

Bah.
I don't have to live in England when this is all I've heard in the media for the last few days.
You have to realise how this reads to the non English, actively wanting to lose to Belgium so you can play Columbia over Japan because you could face Brazil in the quarters.
Just go out and win ffs!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One thing that is doing my head in is people typing Columbia!

Kag

I don't have to live in England when this is all I've heard in the media for the last few days.
You have to realise how this reads to the non English, actively wanting to lose to Belgium so you can play Columbia over Japan because you could face Brazil in the quarters.
Just go out and win ffs!
So you don't have a clue what you're on about then. Cheers.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Some people take any excuse to slag off England.

Forget ABU this board is full of ABE's
Imagine Liverpool winning the league, that's how unbearable it would be for the rest of the World if England get close to winning the World Cup.

This team is actually pretty likeable but the media ruins it.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Colombia going to be interesting.

Lots of pace and power at the back in Sanchez and Mina.

Players with points to prove in final third in Falcao and Cuadrado. Seen before in 2004 with Postiga a "misfit" scoring crucial goal v England.

Difference could be how much James can play, he's a real difference maker in the final third.

Think it will be a tight game but can see England just nick it. Colombia been pretty good at set pieces this tournament aswell.
The only thing in common between Falcão and Postiga is that they played for Porto. Agree with you regarding James for Colombia, don't know if he can play or if he will be at 100%, but they didn't had the chance to rest their players while England had.

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine Liverpool winning the league, that's how unbearable it would be for the rest of the World if England get close to winning the World Cup.

The media thing is based on history, our media isn't like it was 5-6 years ago when it comes to England. But people live in the past as a way to slag us off.

Minimalist

English media and good healthy proportion of the English supporters are insufferable when it comes to International Football.

That's all there is to it. It's easy to say 'we're just having a laugh' but that's never how it comes across and it's been going on for years.

Still think there's a 50-50 chance your lot are reaching the quarter finals though.

cyberman

Where is this arrogance?
Plotting a way to the semis isn't arrogance? How can anybody even look past Columbia?
How do you think Columbians feels as they're told that England would be happier to face them over Japan?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Seen before in 2004 with Postiga a "misfit" scoring crucial goal v England.
Not just a goal, but the stupidest/ballsiest penalty I've ever seen in a penalty shootout. That's the greatest penalty shootout in football history by the way.

Absurdly dramatic.

Judas

Open to offers
Which English supporters are insufferable? Do people not realise 95% of people saying "it's coming home" are taking the piss :lol: so much of English positivity is ironic.

Djemba-Djemba

We're constantly told we're shite and irrelevant and yet everyone on here is desperate for us to lose.

You can hate our media if you want, I don't like them either, but it's very frustrating to see so much anti England sentiment. Especially on a forum dedicated to an English football club.

fergies coat

It was a no win situation today. We would of been slagged off with whatever result we got. There’s a lot of haters on here tonight. Lighten up ffs no one is being arrogant. We’re having a laugh no one actually believes we’re gonna win the thing.

Gross Domestic Peasant

Watched that with all the enthusiasm of preparing for a root canal, but it's consolation of course to know we'll never see that team again at this tournament. We had no midfield at all, and Vardy didn't get a sniff. Have to wonder how much of this was down to instructions preferring the Colombians, or just the level that team is capable of. Anyway, hopeful for Tuesday, when for certain we'll at least compete.

Josep Dowling

Everything about the England national team and their followers (in particular), their national anthem, their captain, the fan culture just makes me think what a gang of absolute cnuts. I hope Colombia absolutely batter them.
Wow you do realise this is mainly an English based forum right? Seriously hope you’re not a United fan.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

So fecking bitter
Are you from Panama :lol:
I'm an Englishman. Yet nothing could make me want to sing a song pleading allegiance to some fake monarch, and I have nothing in common with the Carling guzzling, drum bashing lad bible cnuts that make up most of the England match following. I can already picture England success at the World Cup being used as some kind of 'two fingers to the rest of the world' vehicle for Brexiters. It would be insufferable.

Minimalist

Wow you do realise this is mainly an English based forum right? Seriously hope you’re not a United fan.
Yeah there's definitely no Irish, N.Irish, Scottish, Welsh United supporters I guess (never mind all over the world).

cyberman

If you don't think over nations do the same, you're living in la la land.
Honestly, who?
Martinez even brought on Kompany to defend the lead and Martens to provide a faster counter.
Its OK though, its all about Brazil and the quarter finals