England Discussion

Hulme91

Thankfully his reign of terror will only last until next summer... I mean how do you end up with a Rice-Henderson-Gallagher midfield against a team who've been camping in their penalty box for the entire game?

Baxquux

Can someone just 'me-too' this mediocre cleanshirt?? Because the FA blazer-squad aren't getting rid of him on the basis of results any time soon....

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Mental thread, Southgate is probs 'alright' but England are likey to win the Euro's next summer, or be close. Who cares about an ok draw v Ukraine when already cruising to qualify?

RedDevilQuebecois

I see Maguire walked straight into the team..
He marked his own teammate (Guehi) while leaving the Ukrainian player all alone on their goal. :lol:

Still trying to understand how Southgate has not been crucified for that yet. Gotta remember that England had multiples defeats on the bounce in the build-up to the World Cup and that Maguire was starting in all of those.

Zen

Mental thread, Southgate is probs 'alright' but England are likey to win the Euro's next summer, or be close. Who cares about an ok draw v Ukraine when already cruising to qualify?
England are rightfully joint favourites for the Euros.... but with a legit manager, they'd genuinely be heavy favourites. As I'll always say, he's no better than Sven, except his key man(Kane realistically) is always fit enough to play for him, and flukes better draws.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He marked his own teammate (Guehi) while leaving the Ukrainian player all alone on their goal. :lol:

Still trying to understand how Southgate has not been crucified for that yet. Gotta remember that England had multiples defeats on the bounce in the build-up to the World Cup and that Maguire was starting in all of those.
Such a talented squad (minus Maguire) wasted on that waistcoat wearing twat.

Lee565

What petty twat southgate is, why else would he leave Henderson on for the whole match?

saivet

What's the bare minimum he has to do next summer to have his contract extended? QF? SF?
I think he has to win it. I think the only team he can lose to and be okay is France and even then it will need to be an improvement on our match against them in the WC.

RedDevilQuebecois

He just needs to feck off. The only way we get to the final is if we have another easy run and avoid any decent teams.
Even so, it does not make him less of a dumb cnut on par with (or even worse than) the clown Raymond Doménech - my reference as the lowest of the low among managers.

mikeyt

What's the bare minimum he has to do next summer to have his contract extended? QF? SF?
Just qualifying probably gets him another contract knowing the FA. It's insane the amount of people that still back the clueless wonder because we've had some 'decent' runs in tournaments, despite not actually beating anyone any good and failing the minute we did. The Italy final was a disgrace and he should have been sacked for being such a coward! England have attacking talent to rival any nation in the world. With a coach that could actually play to our strengths we genuinely could be winning the Euros. With Southgate, it's probably a SF loss and that will keep him around for another few years until the talent is gone and then he'll walk.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Amazing how few posts there are about an England match that wasn't a meaningless friendly but a competitive match. Then again if I wasn't ill in bed I wouldn't have watched it and there would be one less.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Arguably the best squad England have in years but really not utilizing it fully. France has the same problem. Both limited by mediocre managers.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Ah man I can't stand this fecking idiot, how has he managed to leave henderson on the whole game there? Wonder what oath of the tribe or whatever the feck Sterling has broken because he should be on for 90 mins too with Southgate logic.

arnie_ni

I think long term, Southgate or his successor, should be looking for that deeper lying playmaker. Southgate stated that Angel Gomes wasn't an option for him because he doesn't play as a lone 6. However, one of him or Kobbie Mainoo would slot in nicely alongside Rice and behind Bellingham as England's Frenkie De Jong.
Angel gomes as in united old player? Has he made it to the level to be In discussion for an England call up? Have we any buy back options? Always thought he was good but a bit undersized.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Amazing how few posts there are about an England match that wasn't a meaningless friendly but a competitive match. Then again if I wasn't ill in bed I wouldn't have watched it and there would be one less.
6 pages in the other thread tbf.

Paul_Scholes18

Ah man I can't stand this fecking idiot, how has he managed to leave henderson on the whole game there? Wonder what oath of the tribe or whatever the feck Sterling has broken because he should be on for 90 mins too with Southgate logic.
I assume he did not want to risk a defeat and kept the defensive players on. Should surely kept Bellingham and subbed Henderson.

Remember the geese

Angel gomes as in united old player? Has he made it to the level to be In discussion for an England call up? Have we any buy back options? Always thought he was good but a bit undersized.
Yeah, he's always been a terrific talent. No buy back option because he left us as a free agent at the end of his contract.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I assume he did not want to risk a defeat and kept the defensive players on. Should surely kept Bellingham and subbed Henderson.
Yeah, game tied at 1-1, what do we do? Take off one of the most in-form and best players in the world of course!

RMD83

I try to like Southgate but his decisions are baffling. How has rashford made the bench so Maddison can be played out of position.? Or foden? Why is 36 year old henderson getting treated like he’s more important than Bellingham? More experienced without question but it’s Ukraine and bellingham was way more of a threat going forward in the first half. Did Kane even have a sniff at goal? A nothing game and another point. We are going through no doubt but an unnecessary stale mate.