England in India 2021

gajender

Thankfully Poor Umpiring haven't cost England otherwise it would have became talking point of the match.

slyadams

On a pitch like this England have had to get both set man twice. You don’t appeal for “this part of the catch”, you appeal for “out”, the umpire’s job is to check the full shot for everything. Even after Root said “check the glove”, what did the umpires say? “No”?

At the very least England should get that review back because it’s clear they didn’t actually get to use it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's definitely a very tough pitch. Rohit innings was a masterclass.

Djemba-Djemba

Disgraceful biased umpiring.

There was a Bess one in the first test that looked really really close and the third umpire just looked at like one replay and immediately gave it out.

Why are the third umpires just rushing through reviews?

Shocking.

zing

Zingle balls
Thankfully Poor Umpiring haven't cost England otherwise it would have became talking point of the match.
I like to think Rahane did it to atone for the cheating because that was a dog shit shot

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Little opportunity here. Keep India to about 300 and I think England have a (small) chance.

JohnnyKills

If India are still in overnight we should go to the match referee and request that the review be reinstated. Imagine it will fail but it's only fair.

zing

Zingle balls
Why didn’t root just stand his ground on that review?

KM

Are they genuinely making the rules as they're going? It's a right call to give the review back but pretty sure it's not in the rules.

KM

Meanwhile twelve mins to go and England are twelve overs behind.

JohnnyKills

Disgraceful biased umpiring.

There was a Bess one in the first test that looked really really close and the third umpire just looked at like one replay and immediately gave it out.

Why are the third umpires just rushing through reviews?

Shocking.
Let's hope it's not bias and just incompetence. No reason to suspect bias at least.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Embarrassing from the Indian commentators on Fox trying to defend the third umpire.

zing

Zingle balls
Let's hope it's not bias and just incompetence. No reason to suspect bias at least.
It’s just shit umpiring. Last game was very good umpiring and it was the current third umpire on the field.

KM

We look like we couldn't give a monkeys about the over rate. Probably need a fine to wake us up.
The only reason why Australia isn't in finals of WTC is because they were deducted four points for bad overrate.

Djemba-Djemba

True, it's just rare to see such incompetence at this level. You get on field umpires fecking up because it's a split second decision and it's a hard job, but a third umpire with all the technology and replays at his disposal? Baffling.

You're right though, shouldn't assume bias when him being useless is a more plausible reason.

MDFC Manager

Regarding the review, from Cricinfo

3.6.8 of the ICC's playing conditions: A Player Review categorised as 'Unsuccessful' may be reinstated by the ICC Match Referee at his/her sole discretion (if appropriate after consultation with the ICC Technical Official and/or the television broadcast director) if the Player Review could not properly be concluded due to a failure of the technology. Any such decision shall be final and shall be taken as soon as possible, being communicated to both teams once all the relevant facts have been ascertained by the ICC Match Referee. A Player Review categorised as 'Unsuccessful' shall not be reinstated if, despite any technical failures, the correct decision could still have been made using the other available technology. Similarly, a Player Review categorised as 'Unsuccessful' shall not be reinstated where the technology worked as intended, but the evidence gleaned from its use was inconclusive

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not a great sign when Joe Root is turning it miles on day one.

NinjaFletch

Can we get Root a titanium back so he can perform his role as our best spinner too?