England tour of the West Indies

arnie sidebottom

Should be an interesting one. I think it will come down to who has the best batsmen as there's not much in it bowling wise these days.

Vaughan, Trescothick and Butcher should prosper out there.

Now step forward this millennium's great white bowling hope - Simon Jones.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3488290.stm

I'd love to see one of ours getting them jumping around, even if he is Welsh. But I bet he finishes the tour on a stretcher.

Still - c'mon Engerrrrrlunddddd :devil: :devil: :devil:

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Its going to be a great tour.Windies have lost their confidence they gained against Australia after their historic run chase...anyway beating WestIndies in their own backyard is a tough task.Its a 50-50

Arnie what do you think about the forthcoming India -Pak tour?Sure the tour is going to be a money spinner for both boards as well as ten sports.
Do you think we should tour pakistan inspite of the security concerns?

arnie sidebottom

Won by 10 wickets - that was a bit unexpected.

Steve Harmison has looked class since he came back from injury last season. Shorter run up, better control and deserved his 7-12 today.

Vijay - I just hope the P v I series lives up to it's early promise and the excitement is contained to the playing field. Any chance of playing a game in Kashmir ? ;)

Member 5225

Both the matches were cracking games (India vs Pakistan and England vs West Indies)

Obviously, was surprising how England bowled so well and got the W.Indies out for so little runs.

Re: India, to be honest, I was very surprised that they went ahead with the tour...I would have thought a tour India would've been a little more safer, but nevertheless, as long as everyone enjoys it, and there is some good cricket, it'll (hopefully) settle the bad blood! :)

KERM ON INDIAHHHHH! :keano:
and
KERM ON ENGERLANDD! :keano:

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
bummed i missed the entire test...cricket not that popular in NY :confused:

pleased for Harmison, always looked like a promising talent but what happened to Jimmy :(

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
arnie sidebottom said:
Won by 10 wickets - that was a bit unexpected.

Steve Harmison has looked class since he came back from injury last season. Shorter run up, better control and deserved his 7-12 today.

Vijay - I just hope the P v I series lives up to it's early promise and the excitement is contained to the playing field. Any chance of playing a game in Kashmir ? ;)
Problem is we are sharing a bigger border with China and we are also having dispute with them over certain regions which are yet to be resolved.But still we are able to get along well in all other departments even without cultural contacts or cricket/hockey ties

As cricket fans we strongly feel Sports and Politics should not be mixed with each other.But our governments wants to politicize this issue to the maximum extent.There is much hype being created by the media that this tour would help us to resolve our differences on the political front.But I dont think so.

Anyway the matches are keenly contested and my friends who are there to support our team are impressed with the care shown by the Pakistani
public. :)

arnie sidebottom

GiggsysGirl said:
historic whitewash in the offing and no one's talking about it :nono:
:lol: Past experience on RC suggests that this thread would have been a lot longer if England had got a pasting !

Anyway - the series panned out very differently to how I expected. In fact the Antigua game was more in line, with Lara's ability to post huge scores being the difference between the teams.

Whoever coached and organised England's bowlers really earned his money - they were the difference in the first 3 tests. Batting was sporadic but a couple usually posted enough runs to keep the pressure on.

Fantastic support from the Barmy Army throughout.

Onward to the one dayers, where the balance might tilt in favour of WIndies.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Haven't been around much, if I had I would have contributed positive postings Arnie, honest guv.

Great series for us. Despite the Windies being one of the lesser names these days, we still went to their backyard and won convincingly.

I would really like to see us now go and win convincingly in the summer, then I would have confidence that we are getting back to being a top test nation.

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
whoah! posts! and i wasn't paying attention!

arnie sidebottom said:
Whoever coached and organised England's bowlers really earned his money - they were the difference in the first 3 tests. Batting was sporadic but a couple usually posted enough runs to keep the pressure on.
Harmison was phenomonal and well deserving of a contract but it was a shame there was no room for Jimmy :( they could've given him a run out in Antigua what with the Series wrapped up. this may be bias talking but our bowlers struggled against Lara cause they couldn't find the swing...the King of Swing would've gotten him ;)

arnie sidebottom

Got to hand it to Smith and Sarwan yesterday - scintillating to watch, although some of the bowling at the end wasn't too bright.

Most uplifting Eng moment was Freddie bowling Smith, and heroically maintaining excellent length and line despite being in absolute agony on his run up.

Gough has vindicated his selection - great to see him back. Trescothick looked good, possibly one day bowling restrictions suit the way he plays.

With Lara ready to fire, should be a great one day series but our bowling needs some work. Kirtley could possibly come in for Harmison. Anderson's a liaibility but you need a quickie who can get wickets up the order and he looks most likely.

C'mon Engerrrrrrlund ! :devil:

arnie sidebottom

Dans said:
Haven't been around much, if I had I would have contributed positive postings Arnie, honest guv.

Great series for us. Despite the Windies being one of the lesser names these days, we still went to their backyard and won convincingly.

I would really like to see us now go and win convincingly in the summer, then I would have confidence that we are getting back to being a top test nation.
Thanks for popping in Dans. We haven't got the talent of the Aussies and with school playing fields being torn up round the country that's not going to change overnight - but we seem to be organising what we have pretty well, and that's all you can ask for. NZ and WI should produce some good cricket, just need the weather.