CB: James Clarridge, Brodi Hughes, Lee Jonas
LB: Ben Chrisense, Jordan Hackett

CM: Darko Gyabi, Charlie Webster, Alfie Devine, Lewis Hall, Sonny Perkins

ATT: Divin Mubama, Silko Thomas

CF: Dane Scarlett, Jude Soonsup-Bell

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen the England under 21s score and seems they were struggling once again v Andorra under 21s, was 1-1 at half time. Andorra must have some good young players coming through.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't think we want to play against Andorra again any time soon (We already had massive problems against them in the last qualification) :lol::houllier:

TEAM
Starting XI
Ramsdale - R.Williams, Wilmot, Panzo - Lamptey, Dasilva, Gallagher, McNeil - Jones, Brewster, Hudson-Odoi

Subs
Nketiah → Brewster (73)
Musiala → Jones (73)
Eze → Hudson-Odoi (73)
Buchanan → McNeil (82)

Bench
Bursik, Austin, Justin, Guehi, Kelly, Godfrey, Skipp, Davies & R.Sessegnon

GOALSCORERS
1-0 Jones (27)
2-1 Wilmot (49)
3-1 Hudson-Odoi (65)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Just seen the England under 21s score and seems they were struggling once again v Andorra under 21s, was 1-1 at half time. Andorra must have some good young players coming through.
Their qualification record (August 2010 → October 2018) before the current qualification was
M: 48
W: 1
D: 5
L: 42
GS: 8
GC: 148

Their current qualification is easily their best qualification round with a 2-0 win against Turkey, of course the 3-3 draw against England and they have scored in 6 of their 9 matches
M: 9
W: 1
D: 2
L: 6
GS: 10
GC: 20

But England's U21 problem is still only Aidy Boothroyd.

Classical Mechanic

I watched the game for some reason. They got a very soft penalty with their only attack in the first half for the goal. England missed a lot of chances but it wasn’t great. It is Andorra’s best ever u21 team. Their keeper is highly rated and at Villarreal, that’s all I can remember.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I watched the game for some reason. They got a very soft penalty with their only attack in the first half for the goal. England missed a lot of chances but it wasn’t great. It is Andorra’s best ever u21 team. Their keeper is highly rated and at Villarreal, that’s all I can remember.
Interesting. England under 21s do usually get a couple of big wins in qualifiers so was intriguing why they were finding Andorra so tough to actually win against.

I'm certainly not expecting them to be in contention to qualify for tournaments in next 5 years but would be nice if they could get a win or two in the qualification. They lose vast majority of games but they don't tend to be smashed in the same manor as San Marino, can remember them only losing 2-0 to likes of England and France in recent past.

Asger

I don't think we want to play against Andorra again any time soon (We already had massive problems against them in the last qualification) :lol::houllier:

TEAM
Starting XI
Ramsdale - R.Williams, Wilmot, Panzo - Lamptey, Dasilva, Gallagher, McNeil - Jones, Brewster, Hudson-Odoi

Subs
Nketiah → Brewster (73)
Musiala → Jones (73)
Eze → Hudson-Odoi (73)
Buchanan → McNeil (82)

Bench
Bursik, Austin, Justin, Guehi, Kelly, Godfrey, Skipp, Davies & R.Sessegnon

GOALSCORERS
1-0 Jones (27)
2-1 Wilmot (49)
3-1 Hudson-Odoi (65)
How is Angel Gomes not in the squad?

Classical Mechanic

Interesting. England under 21s do usually get a couple of big wins in qualifiers so was intriguing why they were finding Andorra so tough to actually win against.

I'm certainly not expecting them to be in contention to qualify for tournaments in next 5 years but would be nice if they could get a win or two in the qualification. They lose vast majority of games but they don't tend to be smashed in the same manor as San Marino, can remember them only losing 2-0 to likes of England and France in recent past.
England have averaged 3 goals per game in the group and Nketiah is the top scorer across the whole of qualifying so they have been scoring.

Andorra play as defensively as possible, are quite dirty and have a good keeper. They actually beat Turkey 2-0 in the group which is probably the best result in Andorran football history across all age groups. They also have another defender at Elche to go with their keeper at Villarreal.

Hudson Odoi was England’s best player.

How is Angel Gomes not in the squad?
Perhaps they feel that Jones, Musiala and Gallagher are playing at a higher level or perhaps it was agreed for him to stay in Portugal while he beds in over there. Covid issues maybe. Could be for a number of reasons. A number of talented players miss out. Edwards and Diangana didn‘t get in either. Eze and McNeill sometimes don’t even get selected.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
McNeil should be making a move to one of the top 6 team's next season in my opinion, Classy player with a good pass on him and a lethal cross.

Sea-Cow

McNeil should be making a move to one of the top 6 team's next season in my opinion, Classy player with a good pass on him and a lethal cross.
He is surprisingly decent, but I am confused on his best position. I don't think he is quick enough for LW.

I think there are a lot of these players about now. They are really good technically, but just lacking in explosive pace and quickness. And they can't all be number 10s.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is surprisingly decent, but I am confused on his best position. I don't think he is quick enough for LW.

I think there are a lot of these players about now. They are really good technically, but just lacking in explosive pace and quickness. And they can't all be number 10s.
You are correct he's not the quickest and I don't think he has the techinal nous to be a number 10. I also don't see him as being one of them players coming in other the right wing like Mahrez (I could be wrong) To me he plays like a proper left winger with instructions to get the ball in the box at every opportunity utilising his crossing ability.

Trying to think who I could compare him with with his limited his pace he isn't going to be a Valencia or let's see Aaron Lennon.

To me he is more of a Bale with obviously lack of pace when Bale played traditionally on the left before that move to RW and when he started to play more inverted

You know with McNeil he's obvs going to track back more and work as a proper workhouse compared to the other wingers in world football.

Sea-Cow

You are correct he's not the quickest and I don't think he has the techinal nous to be a number 10. I also don't see him as being one of them players coming in other the right wing like Mahrez (I could be wrong) To me he plays like a proper left winger with instructions to get the ball in the box at every opportunity utilising his crossing ability.

Trying to think who I could compare him with with his limited his pace he isn't going to be a Valencia or let's see Aaron Lennon.

To me he is more of a Bale with obviously lack of pace when Bale played traditionally on the left before that move to RW and when he started to play more inverted

You know with McNeil he's obvs going to track back more and work as a proper workhouse compared to the other wingers in world football.
So maybe a left-footed, poor man's Beckham.

Point is, I don't see it working out for him at a "bigger" club. But I think he can have a good career with a lower level team.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Wow finally no minutes for Ramsdale :eek:

TEAM
Starting XI
Bursik - Godfrey, Wilmot, Kelly - Justin, Davies, Skipp, Buchanan - Hudson-Odoi, Nketiah, Musiala

Subs
Jones → Musiala (61)
Gallagher → Hudson-Odoi (61)
McNeil → Buchanan (76)
Dasilva → Skipp (76)

Bench
Ramsdale, Austin, Lamptey & Panzo

GOALSCORERS
1-0 Hudson-Odoi (5)
2-0 Justin (26)
3-0 Musiala (36)
4-0 Nketiah (52)
5-0 Nketiah (86)

Classical Mechanic

Nketiah with 16 goals in 14 games for the u21s. Think he finishes as qualifying top scorer with 13. Managed to miss twwo penalties in qualifying too. Needs to find his way to goal more often for Arsenal now.

It will be interesting to see what team goes to the tournament. Greenwood, Bellingham and Foden in the squad to perhaps.

TheGame

Nketiah with 16 goals in 14 games for the u21s. Think he finishes as qualifying top scorer with 13. Managed to miss twwo penalties in qualifying too. Needs to find his way to goal more often for Arsenal now.

It will be interesting to see what team goes to the tournament. Greenwood, Bellingham and Foden in the squad to perhaps.
I think Greenwood and Foden will be in the senior squad not sure about Bellingham, depends on how his season goes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Downing used to be like that when he was coming through at Boro.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Starting XI: Ramsdale - Alexander-Arnold, Rice, Guehi, Saka - Foden, Bellingham, Mount - Greenwood, Nketiah, Sancho

Bench: Bursik, Austin, James, Lamptey, Justin, Godfrey, Jones, Eze, Musah, R.Sessegnon, Musiala & Hudson-Odoi

:lol::drool:

Last edited:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
How are we going to get any players released for that?
Oh yeah my mistake i forgot the World Cup qualification starts in March :wenger:
But if we start our campaign for example against Andorra and San Marino then it would be good if Greenwood, Foden, Saka and Bellingham are getting more tournament expierence (All of them have played after few minutes during the qualification).

Last edited:

TheGame

Would love for England players to get more tournament experience, feel that's where they get let down compared to other nations however will it cross over with the league season? if it does, can't see clubs releasing them.

Footy van de Geek

Like most non English people, I have always taken joy from England's failings on the international stage.

But I could actually accept the 2000-2003 generation winning something. I quite like the nucleus that won The U17 World Cup in 2017 (Sancho, Foden, Gomes etc.) Add in a few older talents like Rashford and some younger ones like Bellingham & Greenwood, and it's a squad that I wouldn't begrudge achieving something at senior level.

And I can respect this new breed of English player who is willing to go abroad. Madueke, Panzo, Musiala, etc.

Need to get rid of the last few feckers like Pickford, Maguire and Kane before I'm fully on board. ;)

NoPace

So maybe a left-footed, poor man's Beckham.

Point is, I don't see it working out for him at a "bigger" club. But I think he can have a good career with a lower level team.
Leicester seems like the best fit to me. They could really use a LWB when they play 3 at the back and McNeil might eventually end up turning into a goalscoring winger who can play on the right where they also need an upgrade, or just an attacking fullback like Baines, Alexander-Arnold or Srna known primarily for their excellent delivery.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I've not seen any of this gloriously named player, is he decent?
Not world-class potential right now would i say but i still think he could be a quality player (Of course if he remains focused and has no serious injuries).

Manchester City, Ajax and Bayern Munich were really interested to get him in the last months.

And like @Footy van de Geek has said he should play soon for their 1st team.

Classical Mechanic

He has a good goals record for Villa U18s and U23s. I imagine he'll play for the 1st team in 2021 if he continues to progress.
Not world-class potential right now would i say but i still think he could be a quality player (Of course if he remains focused and has no serious injuries).

Manchester City, Ajax and Bayern Munich were really interested to get him in the last months.

And like @Footy van de Geek has said he should play soon for their 1st team.
Thanks.