England V Holland (Under 19's)

PS18

Ben Amos, Danny Drinkwater and Danny Welbeck are all in the squad.

x42bn6

Half-time.

England U19s 0-1 Holland U19s (Wijnaldum 43')

Welbeck's looked good; should have scored.

Moses looks impressive.

Lansbury's had a solid game.

Barazite and Wijnaldum have been dangerous, picking on England's lack of width.

Which speaks bounds about England - no width. A bit like Liverpool. The best bits of width have come from Moses, but not great.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Moses does not look at all impressive to me. Tidy dribbler and very pacy, but can't pass, can't shoot and doesn't know where to go when he has the ball very often.

Welbeck, on the other hand, has been excellent, quality link up and very tidy (if a little unco-ordinated). I know there have been many comparisons between him and Kanu, but reminds me more of Berba(!!!) - excellent link up play, great close control, knows what he's doing in the box and kan keep the ball in very tight spaces. Also has a quality first touch most of the time, however, the fact that he is clearly still developing physically makes him look clumsy at times.

x42bn6

Moses does not look at all impressive to me. Tidy dribbler and very pacy, but can't pass, can't shoot and doesn't know where to go when he has the ball very often.

Welbeck, on the other hand, has been excellent, quality link up and very tidy (if a little unco-ordinated). I know there have been many comparisons between him and Kanu, but reminds me more of Berba(!!!) - excellent link up play, great close control, knows what he's doing in the box and kan keep the ball in very tight spaces. Also has a quality first touch most of the time, however, the fact that he is clearly still developing physically makes him look clumsy at times.
Moses kind of reminds me of Hargreaves's way of playing - plenty of dribbling, but in Moses's case, he doesn't seem to know when to dribble and when to pass.

umair

wow great build up play by welbeck..class..like berba

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Rhys Murphy barely been in the game and has scored twice in two minutes.

x42bn6

Full-time:

England Under-19s 2-1 Nederlands Under-19s

Murphy 58', 60' - Wijnaldum 43'

Man-of-the-match: Lansbury (England Under-19s)

Well-deserved result, and deserved man-of-the-match.

Welbeck was classy. Kills the ball quickly, but was unlucky with his shooting and anticipation. Could have scored one or two himself.

Murphy - don't get carried away with his two goals, as he was anonymous otherwise.

Moses was decent; faded in the second half.

Lansbury is very composed on the ball. Good passer.

Arsenal's kids are quite good, but Welbeck looks classy.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Lansbury, Murphy and Rodwell were all very poor I thought, up until the goal. After that first goal Lansvury suddenly started popping up everywhere and the passes that were finding the Dutch in the first half suddenly started finding England players. Jay thomas looked excellent to me, was probably the player who impressed me most in fact. Very tidy, always managed to find a player in space, top close control (when it didn't bounce off him) and very good at keeping things ticking over.

Welbeck was poor second half after an excellent first 45, didn't get much decent ball and wasted what he had. Also impressed by Trippier and Hill, the full backs - Trippier was very reminiscent of a young G. Nev.

Moses was also much better second half, less excitement but a lot more end product.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
So Danny didn't look hindered by his injury at all?