England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

TheGame

Not seen a thread for this. 1st Test Match starts tomorrow. Schedule and sqauds is as follows:

England squad for first two Tests: Joe Root (capt), James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wk), Zak Crawley, Sam Curran, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Dom Sibley, Mark Wood.

India squad: Virat Kohli (capt), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammad. Shami, Mohammad Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav, KL Rahul, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prithvi Shaw, Suryakumar Yadav.

1st Test - 4-8 August, Trent Bridge

2nd Test - 12-16 August, Lords

3rd Test - 25-29 August, Headingley

4th Test - 2-6 September, The Oval

5th Test - 10-14 September, Old Trafford

Will be a very tough series for England. Stokes is a massive loss. India definitely favourites for me. BBC pundits also all predicting India series wins.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m surprised Parkinson’s not in the squad. He impressed me in the white ball series v Pakistan, gets the ball to turn & it would’ve been a good chance to see what he does in Test cricket ahead of the Ashes.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not having really checked up his last year or 2's test stats, but to the Indian fans on here, does Rahane still justify his inclusion? I simply ask due to all the young talented (albeit mostly T20 and ODI's!) bastmen you have who you could give a chance to. And has Dhawan retired from tests?

AshRK

Not having really checked up his last year or 2's test stats, but to the Indian fans on here, does Rahane still justify his inclusion? I simply ask due to all the young talented (albeit mostly T20 and ODI's!) bastmen you have who you could give a chance to. And has Dhawan retired from tests?
This is a crucial tour for both Rahane and Pujara, although latter has played some crucial knocks , Rahane for me has to fire. It wouldn't surprise me if by the 4th test we see Surya kumar making his test debut.

Dhawan has not retired but he is no longer preferred in longer formats.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This is a crucial tour for both Rahane and Pujara, although latter has played some crucial knocks , Rahane for me has to fire. It wouldn't surprise me if by the 4th test we see Surya kumar making his test debut.

Dhawan has not retired but he is no longer preferred in longer formats.
Thanks for the feedback Ash.

MDFC Manager

Not seen a thread for this. 1st Test Match starts tomorrow. Schedule and sqauds is as follows:

England squad for first two Tests: Joe Root (capt), James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wk), Zak Crawley, Sam Curran, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Dom Sibley, Mark Wood.

India squad: Virat Kohli (capt), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammad. Shami, Mohammad Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav, KL Rahul, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prithvi Shaw, Suryakumar Yadav.

1st Test - 4-8 August, Trent Bridge

2nd Test - 12-16 August, Lords

3rd Test - 25-29 August, Headingley

4th Test - 2-6 September, The Oval

5th Test - 10-14 September, Old Trafford

Will be a very tough series for England. Stokes is a massive loss. India definitely favourites for me. BBC pundits also all predicting India series wins.
Have India been designated favorites based on the potential of our batsmen? Because they've consistently shat the bed and I don't see them turn it around this series.

TheGame

Have India been designated favorites based on the potential of our batsmen? Because they've consistently shat the bed and I don't see them turn it around this series.
No probably on the basis of our batsmen where we still don't know our best line up and we are missing quality players like Stokes and Archer. India's best chance to win in England I reckon.

TheGame

I’m surprised Parkinson’s not in the squad. He impressed me in the white ball series v Pakistan, gets the ball to turn & it would’ve been a good chance to see what he does in Test cricket ahead of the Ashes.
Yes think he should have been in although Bess has been playing well for Yorkshire. Maybe called up for 3rd test onwards and we will probably only play one spinner which is Leach.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is India's best chance of a series win in England tbh, this English team is bang average . Man to man India are the better team and if they can put 250-300+ scores they will win most games

zing

Zingle balls
Are Woakes and archer out for the entire series?

Dan_F

That England squad looks so light in depth for batting :lol: I can’t see it being anything other than a comfortable victory for India.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
England win toss and bat. No spinner but it's Trent Bridge so probably the right call.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
First moronic decision by dropping Ashwin.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
English fan - Indian fans are both always unhappy with their team management :lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Are Woakes and archer out for the entire series?
Archer probably is, Woakes might be back for the latter tests.

It seems to never work out for England not playing a spinner.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pretty uninspiring selection from England bowling wise. 4 x mid 80's quicks and no spinner, hardly preparation for the Ashes is it.

This series is going to be low scoring. Anyone who scores 350+ first innings consistently will win it.

AshRK

Dropping your best spinner is typical kohli and team management. Wish he got to play under a better captain like Ganguly.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
From reading this thread it seems like both sides are going to lose this series 3-1.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Very even so far. India should've bowled a bit fuller. Beat the bat too much without taking the edge.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Very even so far. India should've bowled a bit fuller. Beat the bat too much without taking the edge.
England run rate leaves India slightly on top. We need to lose one wicket max next session.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure why india are favourites, the batting has been inconsistent for years now. English conditions are probably the least comfortable for them too.
Probably more to do with how bad England are and the amount of preparation India have had for this series is a lot more than most countries do overseas. India also have a great bowling attack so can rest and rotate if needed.

Nico87

The difference in enjoyment of watching England ODI and T20 batting compared to the m is staggering. How many more chances are the giving the top 3 when they’re clearly not up to this level.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The difference in enjoyment of watching England ODI and T20 batting compared to the m is staggering. How many more chances are the giving the top 3 when they’re clearly not up to this level.
Burns pretty much got a hundred with his last test knock?

MDFC Manager

Shami is consistently like that, 'unlucky' to keep beating the batsman by a bit too much

Nico87

Burns pretty much got a hundred with his last test knock?
Out the three I’d say he’s the most capable but even with the odd high score in their it feels like 3/4 of the time he‘s been knocked over within the opening hour.

iKnowNothing

Surprised to see Ashwin dropped. Jadeja won’t score many more runs than Ashwin and he won’t pick up the wickets as well. The only thing he can do well is field.