English cricket thread

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrific catch. That’s the effect of building pressure with excellent bowling.

ha_rooney

Fantastic spin bowling from England. Pakistan all over the place.

ha_rooney

Very comfortable for England. Spinners suffocated the Pakistani batsmen, terrific bowling. Sets up the last game nicely.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
England much more professional in the field than with the bat. Parkinson was brilliant.

Old Trafford should be good fun.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
His bowling is absolute muck. I can't believe there aren't multiple better options.
There are but he's perfect for squad games when somebody wants the day off or has covid or just couldn't be arsed playing in the squad game.

Trequarista10

I expect Stokes to come back in for him. Roy, Buttler & Bairstow as top 3. Ali looks in good form today but even if he didn’t, I think his spin option keeps him in the 11 for WC. Morgan will very likely play as captain, but it will be a good dilemma for England if Livingstone scores big again.
Easy. Roy, Buttler, Bairstow, Morgan, Stokes, Livingstone, Ali + 4 bowlers. Plenty of bowling options and batting down to 7.

I think Morgan may retire after the World Cup though, and it's probably for the best.

The more interesting question is the bowlers. So many options. Rashid is a cert, then you could make an argument for any 3 from Sam Curran, Woakes, Archer, Wood, Jordan, Willey, Mahmood, Tom Curran...possibly Parkinson...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Is Eoin Morgan the batter something that England need in the 11? Or are they better off without him?

That's pretty good all things considered, he does go through bad patches of form like this but his role in the side is that of a lower down 6 hitter.

This would be my top 7 for England in the T20 World Cup given its in the UAE.

Roy
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Moeen
Morgan
Livingstone

With Rashid, Archer, Wood and another bowler taking the 4th spot.

Sam Curran coming in for Moeen if the pitch isn't going to be conducive to spin

ha_rooney

Excellent bowling, spinners again superb & good at the death from Jordan. England should comfortably chase this down.

Disappointing from Pakistan’s middle order again. Fakhar should be #3, pointless having him so far down the order.

DOTA

Should have played Parkinson as well particularly in his home ground with that weather.
Probably. I wonder if they wanted to have a look at what Livingstone can do with the ball on his home ground.

DOTA

Don't think I've ever seen Buttler play that bad.

ha_rooney

Going to be a good end to this… Babar should stick with the spinners. They’ve been so difficult to hit this whole game, got to go with it.

ha_rooney

Why?! Why why why would you go over the wicket? 3 dot balls, why change it up?! Was begging to be hit.

zing

Zingle balls
Malans not going to be in the World Cup squad.

love the atmosphere, sweet Caroline and David Lloyd singing it on comms

ha_rooney

Can we bring Malan back?! The power this lad has, so good.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Jordan’s first 2 was such sensible batting compared to some of the shots that came before from the others

ha_rooney

Good game, a competitive end to an enjoyable series.

For the WC Pakistan really need to sort out the middle order, it’s too fragile & lacks power. The fielding is so inconsistent it’s pathetic, especially in T20 it’s so important to be stopping easy runs & taking the catches. Need to sort out the 3rd seamer as well. Plenty for dumbass Misbah to fix.

Dan_F

Jordan’s first 2 was such sensible batting compared to some of the shots that came before from the others
The whole live by the sword, die by the sword thing get a bit silly sometimes, but I guess it’s hard to criticise after they win. Really enjoyable series though.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The whole live by the sword, die by the sword thing get a bit silly sometimes, but I guess it’s hard to criticise after they win. Really enjoyable series though.
Yeah Im with you there, Livingstones first 6 I thought was a good choice and removed all the pressure. But at that point surely you make it harder than it needs to be when you have 7 balls to knock out 6 runs, surely just push a few 1’s and 2’s job done

but as you say they won so what do we know

Dan_F

Not sure if it was mentioned on here before but Broad is an excellent commentator for someone still playing. Seems like a complete natural.

ha_rooney

Not sure if it was mentioned on here before but Broad is an excellent commentator for someone still playing. Seems like a complete natural.
He’s very good & quite humble as a commentator which is strange as I find him a bit arrogant when he plays (especially when he celebrates a LBW without even appealing to the umpire). Bumble kept reminding him Yuvraj hit him for 6 6s :lol: