English cricket thread

paulscholes18

How did England let someone as mediocre as Jason Holder get 7/4?
Considering we were 39/6 did alright to pass 100

LDUred

Some horrendous umpiring in this second T20 from ump Nigel Duguid. Rashid looking understandably perplexed.

Absolutely plumb lbws.

LDUred

Great to see Pollard still wearing his beloved watch to bat, bowl, and field with.

Last edited:

LDUred

Livingstone looked like he was about to keel over or something.

Again, questions have to be asked about Chris Silverwood's competence.

A player may say they're alright to play but if they look like death warmed up you take the decision out of their hands. It's your job, for feck's sake.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why the feck has Salt come in after the likes of Vince and Ali? He's a T20 opener FFS and ahs the highest strike rate in the team. Get him in as high as possible - at the very lowest no.4.

LDUred

Why the feck has Salt come in after the likes of Vince and Ali? He's a T20 opener FFS and ahs the highest strike rate in the team. Get him in as high as possible - at the very lowest no.4.
All Silverwood's fault. He picks the team, sadly.

I mean he picked a guy so ill he looked like a reanimated corpse.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Great knock and a really good ball to dismiss him from Shepherd. I think if Salt had come in at no.3 we win that game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Livingstone looked like he was about to keel over or something.

Again, questions have to be asked about Chris Silverwood's competence.

A player may say they're alright to play but if they look like death warmed up you take the decision out of their hands. It's your job, for feck's sake.
I dont think Silverwood is even there mate?

I think he's useless but I can't blame him for me just falling over the dog.

LDUred

I dont think Silverwood is even there mate?

I think he's useless but I can't blame him for me just falling over the dog.
My mistake there mate. Yep, it's Colly in charge, isn't it.

Just think it's ridiculous that Livingstone was out there. He looked absolutely fried and he could easily have been dropped down the order.

All things considered getting 200 is pleasing but it could and should have been more.

IRN-BRUno

Will Smeed just misses out on a century in his PSL debut, caught on the boundary off the last ball of the innings for 97. We might not have any decent Test batsmen coming through but the depth and quality in white-ball formats continues to grow.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Moeen should be permanent t20i captain, time to phase out Morgan, before the next WC.
Not sure he is much of a tactician. Thought his punditry in the Ashes was very underwhelming.

Although he's a lovely bloke so I'm sure the dressing room like him. Qnd incredibly versatile cricketer.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Should be batting in the top 3, he is not a tailend slogger, if he's coming in after all-rounders and the WK no point of him being in the side.
I know he's an opener but the depth in our white ball batting currently means fitting in anywhere can't be taken for granted.

I wouldn't moan if we dropped Vince for him going forward but no harm easing him in for now.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I know he's an opener but the depth in our white ball batting currently means fitting in anywhere can't be taken for granted.

I wouldn't moan if we dropped Vince for him going forward but no harm easing him in for now.
Yeah just bat them wherever. He's obviously not playing because we think he'll make a good finisher and he wouldn't play there in a major tournament but we want two good back ups for Roy and Buttler and his chances of becoming one of those are better by playing where there's a spot than being left out.

phelans shorts

Yeah just bat them wherever. He's obviously not playing because we think he'll make a good finisher and he wouldn't play there in a major tournament but we want two good back ups for Roy and Buttler and his chances of becoming one of those are better by playing where there's a spot than being left out.
They clearly see Banton as that backup, which is what it is. Let’s not go pretending that Salt is massively clear of Banton, I personally prefer Salt but there’s not huge amounts in it. As Heap said there’s definitely an argument for him in at 3 but they clearly like the balance of Malan/Vince(/Stokes? who knows where he fits in this side). After that the 4,5,6,7 positions can be entirely fluid based on match conditions between our mass of top quality batters.

Abraxas

I know he's played alright today but I struggle to trust Vince at a world cup when it matters. Seems to bottle it for England.

England have loads of options. Even Silverwood will struggle to mess it up to the extent that they're not a decent outfit.