English cricket thread

Wilt

Great to see Gower back with Sky, he's been sorely missed.

England battering Pakistan, loving Stokes team a breath of fresh air.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’ve never seen anything like this in Test cricket!

What was in that virus they all had :nervous:

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I've never seen anything like this. What remarkable is that each batsmen has continued the run rate. Stokes has the potential to just take to another level here.
Cheeky shot at the fastest test 100? Wonder if McCullum will dare him…

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
should england be banned from playing cricket?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
England play with more intent in test cricket then India do in t20s..

absolutely sensational brand of cricket.

ArmchairCritic

England play with more intent in test cricket then India do in t20s..

absolutely sensational brand of cricket.
Even Stokes plays with more intent in tests than he does in T20s, such a bizarre and beautiful thing to watch :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I feel like we will crash and burn at some point playing like this but I’m gonna enjoy it so much until then. I’d much rather see them play with intent than the previous passive version of England even if it does lead to losses.

Anyway we’ll still have to find 20 wickets from somewhere on this pitch

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I feel like we will crash and burn at some point playing like this but I’m gonna enjoy it so much until then. I’d much rather see them play with intent than the previous passive version of England even if it does lead to losses.

Anyway we’ll still have to find 20 wickets from somewhere on this pitch
tbf it’s not as if England test team was any good before this. It's very entertaining stuff and ofcourse some losses would be very bad but the wins will be glorious too and already have been.

ArmchairCritic

McCullum has definitely brought a new identity to test cricket as a whole.
He’s completely changed the mindset of cricketers in this country. His New Zealand team in ODIs were the blueprint for Morgan’s reinvention of our white ball side and now he’s got players at all levels playing with intent and freedom as the blueprint for how he wants the test team to play.

I’m sure it will go south at some point, maybe even this test, but I’m all in with this style of play. It’s not like England were winning tests playing solid test cricket beforehand.

It’s not revolutionary to play aggressively in test cricket, but historically the sides who were good at it were stacked with all time greats, what this England side are doing and who they are doing it with is pretty remarkable.

Last edited:

Wilt

195 in 15 overs? Nah, not happening.
I said “Nearer 700” ….meaning 650+

Stokes was scoring at 2 runs a ball, if he stays at the crease they could do it.

Anything seems possible with this batting line up.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
tbf it’s not as if England test team was any good before this. It's very entertaining stuff and ofcourse some losses would be very bad but the wins will be glorious too and already have been.
Oh 100%, and for me and I guess most people it was the manner of previous losses which was frustrating, as you say at least it’s entertaining.

Wilt

They know damn well at Rawalpindi there is very little daylight this time of year, so why not start earlier?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why the feck have they even bothered entertaining a match on this pitch? :lol:
You say that, but there was actually a bit of movement towards the end. It was only the first session where it looked like there wouldn't be a wicket throughout the entire test. Definitely something to play with for the bowlers based on the last 2 sessions. England just obliterated an inexperienced Pakistan bowling attack.

zing

Zingle balls
Pakistan should feel cheated - they were told these guys were unwell

zing

Zingle balls
There are like 3 guys in the Indian T20 team who play slower than that

paulscholes18

Simply stunning, shame the last 15 overs wasn't bowled, good chance Stokes would have made it 5 centuries in a day.